Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #2,131 of 3,305
Quote:
did the new filter already on sale?

Yes here
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-audio-filters-in-green-changing-tool-prodid-2272.html

A bit pricey imo given that it's basically nothing more than a super black filter
http://assets.head-fi.org/5/5e/5ec770f9_Audeo_PFE_Bass_-_Frequency_Response.jpg

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #2,132 of 3,305
Pricey? A damn right rip off unless it delivers solid detailed bass. I still have the pfe 112`s and at that price no way.
I will promote them for sale soon, never going to be used again. Funnily I preffered the grey filters.
Lets say erm, the "prodigy" with pfe, bit like having a chocolate poker.

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #2,133 of 3,305
Just got the PFE 012 yesterday and I'm blown away by it's clarity and detail! The treble is pure awesomeness and I'm not even using an amp. I've plugged them straight into my iPhone.
ksc75smile.gif

Bass is not lacking, IMO. It's very punchy and there when needed. However, I intended to use them mostly when traveling by train and so I do fancy a little more bass than average so I'll be trading them in for the new PFE 012 next week then.

But for home use I think the black filters suffice.

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #2,134 of 3,305
Quote:
Yes here
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-audio-filters-in-green-changing-tool-prodid-2272.html

A bit pricey imo given that it's basically nothing more than a super black filter
http://assets.head-fi.org/5/5e/5ec770f9_Audeo_PFE_Bass_-_Frequency_Response.jpg

Yay, thanks for that, I guess I'll just wait for it for sales, or leave it til a later date, if i already prefer the greys to the blacks, then the greens will be like 'lolz'

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #2,136 of 3,305
Nice to know Club Phonak is still alive and kicking.

I still enjoy mine, especially as my travel phones.

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #2,139 of 3,305
Aug 23, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #2,140 of 3,305
Hi there Team Phonak!

I was wondering if there is anyone who could a comparison with the Fischer Audio's DBA-02.
I'm looking for a new pair of IEM…

The Phonaks seem to be great *caughswissproudnesscough…* 
biggrin.gif

cheers

~ssppooff

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #2,141 of 3,305
You should got with the PFE. Hardly anybody has the DBA-02 despite everybody talking about them. Phonak's build quality is also top notch.

If I understood that correctly, you're Swiss. As I can see from online prices, the Phonaks are ridiculously cheap in Switzerland so I wouldn't even bother importing some hyped Russian product in your case.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #2,142 of 3,305

Quote:
I was wondering if there is anyone who could a comparison with the Fischer Audio's DBA-02. I'm looking for a new pair of IEM…

I can provide one comment based on graphs.  The PFE seems to have a flat bass response to 30hz or so, whereas the graph for the DBA-02 seems to start rolling off 300hz.  It is down quite a bit by 100hz.  Speaking purely in technical terms, the PFE is better.

I boost the bass on the PFE for my own liking and the PFE's flat bass response makes this quite easy.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #2,143 of 3,305
I was interested by the DBAs for a while but since ClieOS gave them the same rating as the PFEs in his review i don't see the point buying them.

By the way Phonak sent me the new 012s... 
smile.gif
They're pretty good if you're a basshead but the black filters are definitely more to my liking (this way they remind me a lot of the O2). Build quality was vastly improved over the first series though.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #2,144 of 3,305

Quote:
Speaking purely in technical terms, the PFE is better.

If it is technical as flat as possible, no doubt PFE is better. Graph can be very misleading. It is not that DBA-02 has a roll-off at 300Hz, but actually a bump. I mean, with the same volume I can still hear 30Hz on DBA-02 as well as on PFE. The difference is that the bass start to clime up on the DBA-02 as the freq. is getting higher while it remains pretty much the same volume for PFE. Hence it is why no one who listen to DBA-02 complains about the lack of bass.

Quote:
I was interested by the DBAs for a while but since ClieOS gave them the same rating as the PFEs in his review i don't see the point buying them.

Except perhaps if you are looking for a more engaging, livelier sound. PFE will be great for people who want a more neutral and analytical sound.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #2,145 of 3,305

Quote:

If I understood that correctly, you're Swiss. As I can see from online prices, the Phonaks are ridiculously cheap in Switzerland so I wouldn't even bother importing some hyped Russian product in your case.

Yes, and yes!

Ok, thanks. So the DBA-02 are canceled from the list.

Now, how would you compare the PFE to the UE 700? I've been told that the UE were also very neutral.

THX so much 

~ssppooff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back