Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #3,181 of 3,305
It will hardly survive a week.
We have recabling options for 1xx or even mmcx detachability option but 232 is a mess. We still can make cable (with stock cable as the source of earphone pins) but it looks not very attractive at joint points.

Well, bad news. My right side finally gave out, and the left side is barely working. :'(

I don't care about the cable's aesthetics as long as the fit and sound aren't impacted. Could you fix my stock cable? How much would it cost?

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #3,184 of 3,305
What are you people driving your Phonaks with? Are you using smartphones or high quality DAPs, can pfe232 benefit from separate amplification?

Yes, pfe232 are best when amped. I used to have them and the only reason I sold them is because it needed an amp to really shine. I used them at my home desk with a Sony Pha2 amp.

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #3,186 of 3,305
I bought the Questyle QPR1 solely because it sounded so good with PFE232.

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,187 of 3,305
Cables are a bit tricky because there's a couple of resistors sealed in the splitter. Apparently the PFE sound kind of lousy without them. Not to mention the size of the drivers you need to solder to. Those things a freakin tiny. I was planning on doing a recable on my old pair, but because of the above mentioned points I realized it was way outside my skill set. IIRC some folks here have done recables so maybe do a back search of the thread and hopefully you can find some helpful info.
Do you happen to know what resistor values were used?

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #3,191 of 3,305
May 10, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #3,192 of 3,305
Hello.

I still have my PFE232 but now both cables are deteriorated, with many cracks and the internal wire exposed. It happened due to the time and decay of the material, since there were not exposed to the elements or sun in any way. That's bad.

Well, are there alternative cables to these?

May 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3,194 of 3,305
Hi everyone!

I've been rocking my pfe since 2011 but all my black filters died (tried cleaning solutions etc but they are somehow damaged..).

Is anyone please selling some black filters? I'll be really grateful, thank you!!

May 21, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #3,195 of 3,305
Hi, will Etymotic tri-flange tips fit with Audeo PFE? I am looking for tips with a little deeper application to slightly improve isolation (I am aware that I won't do miracles).
I am also considering filling Audeo tips with foam of Comply or similar, it worked few times and I am going to check that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back