Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jan 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #76 of 3,305
Alright... STOP already... I'll get some
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #78 of 3,305
Yep, yep. Tstarn are you going to purchase the IE8's?

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #79 of 3,305
Count me in, as well.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #81 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chiming in. Just got mine, they are really well worth the price.

Yes, indeed.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #82 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just spent 45 minutes walking the pup with the Phonaks on half the time, amped with the E5 on my Touch 2G, and the other half with the W3s unamped (no need), and I am stunned to say I enjoyed listening more with the PFEs. I know, it's nuts. And I know it should not be that way. But as you say, your ears do the reacting. Try as I might to say, well, those $400 IEMs are kicking the $130 IEM's butt, I can't. It is pretty close, but the clarity of the PFEs is the critical differentiator for me. All other factors aside, it comes down to that. Don't know about Deal of the Century, but a very good deal it is. And for the first time, I could actually understand the lyrics in a couple of songs I've been listening to for 30 years!

Again, I am going to keep the W3s. Between the two IEMs, I am as happy as a pig in ____!

Yup these really are a pleasure to put on, have had them on almost to the point of exhaustion! Been using the E5 on occasion too and I'm struggling to fathom if (at least for an IEM) it can get better than this!
happy_face1.gif

Other than the volume deficiency there is very little these do wrong. I would agree that vocals are a dream, so open, natural and buttery smooth. Equally impressive is how busy passages are handled so effortlessly, the same as you would expect from any decent full-sized can.

Just need to buy a stockpile of T130s now though it's a shame no one on ebay seems to have any.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #83 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. And I look forward to your opinion of them, since you are among the more experienced people on this thread. Don't forget to try them hooked up to you best amp too.

Thanks - I will definately give impressions, but they won't be as useful as others here because I haven't heard and don't own the W3s or IE8s.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #84 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by communic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup these really are a pleasure to put on, have had them on almost to the point of exhaustion! Been using the E5 on occasion too and I'm struggling to fathom if (at least for an IEM) it can get better than this!
happy_face1.gif

Other than the volume deficiency there is very little these do wrong. I would agree that vocals are a dream, so open, natural and buttery smooth. Equally impressive is how busy passages are handled so effortlessly, the same as you would expect from any decent full-sized can.

Just need to buy a stockpile of T130s now though it's a shame no one on ebay seems to have any.

Feel the same way, Phonaks pose as a dream come true. Hard to believe that there might be a better headphone around...To Phonak owners this is a must listen to track via the Phonaks (Andy McKee - Rylynn - Acoustic Guitar - CANdYRAT Records) Copy and Paste to the youtube search bar. Does it sound like he's sitting in front of you or what? Enjoy...

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #85 of 3,305
Listen to some of this kid's songs. If I were to describe him, and stay on topic, it would have to be that this kid is the "Phonak Audeo" of the guitarist world...so young but SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

YouTube - jwcfree's Channel

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #86 of 3,305
Nice you've hit again, uh not to stray off a topic already strayed off but which one would you recommend?

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #88 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice you've hit again, uh not to stray off a topic already strayed off but which one would you recommend?

Which song? Umm...Top of the World is really nice. And Jump as well, although Jump was recorded kinda funky, so the sound wasn't recorded as nice as all the other ones, but still a cool song...I'm still going through all of them myself lol, there's almost 150 videos of the kid! A true prodigy for sure.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #89 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in, as well.

cool.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #90 of 3,305
Thanks I apprieciate all the recommendations...anymore???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back