Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #601 of 3,308
Yeah. I started with the gray filters and the bass wasn't too great so I switched to the black and I was surprised how much more bass there was. I don't even need to use the bass booster on my iPhone with the blacks. The E5s add a whole new dimension of sound though. I'm really glad I bought these.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #603 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Phonaks today, but the right earphone is dead on arrival!

The left sounds good though. I can't wait to receive my replacement.

/cry

My left died like 10 minutes after I started listening to them. Lets hope are replacements are trouble free.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #604 of 3,308
This must be a bad batch.......I had some cord problems....with the first pair and now theirs a chip on the left phone of the second pair. I hope they get this right.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #605 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This must be a bad batch.......I had some cord problems....with the first pair and now theirs a chip on the left phone of the second pair. I hope they get this right.

You're going on your third pair now?

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #608 of 3,308
Mine came in fine. I wouldn't worry about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #609 of 3,308
It seems that the black ones are having the build quality problems.
I would go back to these if I knew i would get a trouble free pair, but i guess selling these atrios and moving to the turbines will have to do.
I really don't want to take another $40 due to shipping and duties buying the phonaks again.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #610 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Phonaks today, but the right earphone is dead on arrival!

The left sounds good though. I can't wait to receive my replacement.

/cry

frown.gif
Oh man, sorry about that. Nothing like waiting for something and then having to turn around and wait again.

It will be worth the wait though, trust me
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #611 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems that the black ones are having the build quality problems.

hmm is this true? people with the issues, do you guys have the black ones? that's what i ordered too

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #612 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm is this true? people with the issues, do you guys have the black ones? that's what i ordered too

mine arrived no problem ive been using them for 6 days and no issues yet. but i hear that audeo is good for warranty's.

i love the black filters they do add some bass and they reduce the brightness in my opinion.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #614 of 3,308
Mine are black and work fine. I do have a chip in them like a few here have had. I can't get myself to turn them in for the warranty, because I don't want to go without them.

I'm into the black filters lately too. In direct comparison, they don't seem as good as the grays, but after listening to them awhile, they definitely have the same level of addiction as the grays do.
smile_phones.gif

There was a gentleman that posted about the midrange and highs and how they were thought to be smeared with the black filters. He posted that he felt they weren't smeared but just set back a bit and heard as if you are farther back in the crowd if that makes sense. I think he was onto something. I don't have time to track down the post or review.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #615 of 3,308
Can someone post photo of black model with chipped paint? How severe is't? I never recall someone posting it but merely mentioned it.

I'm stalking in PFE thread. U know why. No harm trying new IEM :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back