Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #586 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rithem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My E5s came yesterday when I was at Disneyland! They were supposed to come on Friday so that was good
smily_headphones1.gif
But my PFEs were supposed to come today but they haven't arrived in San Diego according to Fedex.... So I have an amp with no good headphones to use
frown.gif

please let us know what u think of the e5 + PFE.. i have the same things coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #587 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She should be happy she has a job, no? Guess answering the phone all day can make you grumpy. She needs some re-training, I guess. How about the state of Pennsylvania is spening $170k to train the liquor store clerks to be more customer friendly. We still have an antiquated state store system here for wine and hard liquor (not beer). These people are unionized, and they have to be trained to be nice to customers. Ahhhh!

I hate the state store, Florida doesn't have it thank God. She wasn't really grumpy until her I told her I might return them anyways- which I probably won't if they sound better with the t4 than the E3.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #590 of 3,308
Owned the SA6s and liked them. Sold them when I got the Westone 3s. To me, the Phonaks, the way I use them (amped via LOD on my Touch), are more detailed, cleaner and deliver an accurate bass line. I have nothing but nice things to say about the SA6 sound, I just decided to move on. And I prefer the PFEs now.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #591 of 3,308
Look at the love these little 'buds get! And I've just read the CNet review, damn! I've got two questions, I hope someone can answer them.
-Lads, my q-Jays is giving me problems with sibilance. Do the PFE's suffer from this?

-Basically, at this point, to avoid the sibilance, I have a choice: I can either upgrade to the 530's by returning my q-Jays (for $150), or keep the q-Jays and buy the PFE's (for $150). What would you do?

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #592 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-Lads, my q-Jays is giving me problems with sibilance. Do the PFE's suffer from this?

-Basically, at this point, to avoid the sibilance, I have a choice: I can either upgrade to the 530's by returning my q-Jays (for $150), or keep the q-Jays and buy the PFE's (for $150). What would you do?

If you've read this thread at all, you'll know what answer you're going to get here (PFEs). But if you want a more personalized response to that question, I guess first I would have to ask you, what do you like about the q-Jays?

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #593 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you've read this thread at all, you'll know what answer you're going to get here (PFEs). But if you want a more personalized response to that question, I guess first I would have to ask you, what do you like about the q-Jays?

I love their clarity and detail, and their extremely punchy bass. The bass is delicious, wonderful, just amounted enough that it doesn't overwhelm anything... and from what I've read, the PFE's have nearly the same, but just a little less.

But you're right moseboy, sigh, this was the wrong place to ask the question. I take it back, forget it. I think I'll go for the 530's, simply because it seems wasteful to have two earphones lying around.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #594 of 3,308
Quote:

I love their clarity and detail, and their extremely punchy bass. The bass is delicious, wonderful, just amounted enough that it doesn't overwhelm anything... and from what I've read, the PFE's have nearly the same, but just a little less.

But you're right moseboy, sigh, this was the wrong place to ask the question. I take it back, forget it. I think I'll go for the 530's, simply because it seems wasteful to have two earphones lying around.

Well, I mean I don't want to push you in one direction or the other. I just think on this thread in particular you're just going to get people who own or have heard the PFEs saying to get the PFEs without even considering the SE530. Don't get me wrong, the SE530s might not be for you and the PFEs might be. You never know.

I haven't heard the PFEs, but I own the SE530s, so if you want, I can try and figure out whether the SE530s are for you or not. But ultimately it's just personal preference because both are very good (I'm sure).

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #595 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I mean I don't want to push you in one direction or the other. I just think on this thread in particular you're just going to get people who own or have heard the PFEs saying to get the PFEs without even considering the SE530. Don't get me wrong, the SE530s might not be for you and the PFEs might be. You never know.

I haven't heard the PFEs, but I own the SE530s, so if you want, I can try and figure out whether the SE530s are for you or not. But ultimately it's just personal preference because both are very good (I'm sure).

I appreciate your response, I've actually started my own thread. Bit freaked out since I have to make my decision in about forty-eight hours. Ugh. I'd appreciate if you gave that thread a read and voted one way or the other. Thanks, mate.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #596 of 3,308
Quote:

I appreciate your response, I've actually started my own thread. Bit freaked out since I have to make my decision in about forty-eight hours. Ugh. I'd appreciate if you gave that thread a read and voted one way or the other. Thanks, mate.

Oh gosh, I just read your thread: I was under the impression you hadn't heard either the SE530 or the PFE. If you've already heard the SE530, it's really your call: If you like the way they sound, go for them. If you want something more neutral, go for the PFEs. Pretty simple.... I read you were having troubles getting a good seal with the SE530, and therefore you were getting poor isolation. It's just the tips. You just have to play around with different ones and you'll eventually get a good fit, and then you'll have isolation. Same with the PFEs.

Honestly, you shouldn't be thinking about anything but sound when deciding between these two.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #597 of 3,308
Quote:

The PFE have pretty much the same amount of bass as the q-Jays to my ears, but with even a little deeper extension. PFE have a little more clarity and detail, even if they have slightly less treble energy and better midrange than the q-Jays. It may be the midrange detail that makes the PFE appear to be more resolving than the Jays. And there's no noticeable sibilance to my ears.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #598 of 3,308
Well my E5 REPLACEMENT
biggrin.gif
finally came today. And the little bass I was missing with the grey filters is given by the amp.

I have only tried it with my sony a829. This player hisses more than D2, and with the amp I can hear the hiss. Will update on how they sound with sansa clip and Cowon D2

EDIT: Wow with grey filter + Fiio E5 + BB + D2 it sounds amazing. I thought with so much bass it would cover the mids and highs, however it maintains the clarity that the grey filters add.

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #599 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please let us know what u think of the e5 + PFE.. i have the same things coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Just got them today. The E5s add a lot of depth and bass to it. The PFEs are perfect with them E5s or any sort of amp I presume. They are ridiculously comfortable. I'm using the medium silicone tips right now and they fit great. I used the foam tips but had a hard time getting them in but the medium ones do wonders.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #600 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rithem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got them today. The E5s add a lot of depth and bass to it. The PFEs are perfect with them E5s or any sort of amp I presume. They are ridiculously comfortable. I'm using the medium silicone tips right now and they fit great. I used the foam tips but had a hard time getting them in but the medium ones do wonders.

awesome.. cant wait to get mine

have u played around with the black/grey filters yet? any comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back