Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Oct 15, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #1,816 of 3,308
So I had ordered some PFE's about two weeks ago about right when they went on back order. I emailed them to ask when they think they will be back in stock and I was told they were expecting them Oct. 26th.

I'm guessing they are the new revision

Oct 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #1,817 of 3,308
The website says they are 11X rather than the 3 digit number previously- is that the new version then?

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #1,818 of 3,308
The name doesn't change, only the version it is. Just like a Honda Accord will always be a Honda Accord, but it looks different every year.

Arrival date is expected to be End of November. Hearing this directly from the President of the HearingPlanet.

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #1,819 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The name doesn't change, only the version it is. Just like a Honda Accord will always be a Honda Accord, but it looks different every year.

Arrival date is expected to be End of November. Hearing this directly from the President of the HearingPlanet.

End of November?! Damn. I do not want to wait a whole other month

On Phonak Audeo's site they say them expect them by the end of October (which has passed
frown.gif
).

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #1,820 of 3,308
Well, let's just hope the updates will be nice =) i will be getting a pair so i'll let you all know. Just out of curiousity, anyone know what driver the PFE uses? since the dirver looks pretty big, i'm guessing it's a Knowles CI or something along those lines.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #1,821 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by essplode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
End of November?! Damn. I do not want to wait a whole other month

On Phonak Audeo's site they say them expect them by the end of October (which has passed
frown.gif
).

shoot - that's too long a wait. i was hoping to compare with the S4 I just got and decide which to keep.

Just how much/little bass is there with these?

I"m coming from the SCL3 which has very little to me and the S4 seems like too much in comparison, though i agree with accounts that it does better with burn-in, and I really don't think it's a head effect. i listened for very little each day and on day 3, it's sounded much more controlled though at some points it's not as quick.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #1,822 of 3,308
I just want to state that I've been with these since the beginning, and I love them to this day.

Amazing IEM's for the price, accurate, and they make me ENJOY my music even more.

Best audio puchase I've made I believe, car, home, head-fi...

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #1,823 of 3,308
I loved mine -- when they worked. Unfortunately the cable quality is not very good and I've gone through two pairs of these within 6 months. I always took good care of them and wore them as indicated. The problem comes from the cable's "memory" -- that is, the tendency of the cable to stay a certain shape when it's been that way for a long period of time. Seeing as you're supposed to wear these with the cord draped over your ear, it will conform to that shape and stay that way. Then when you straighten the cord (for storage purposes), the cord will tear open and expose the wiring inside. This happened to me twice, and eventually the earpiece would just stop working altogether. Thankfully the good people over at HearingPlanet have been happy to replace them for me... but for now I'm still waiting (two months and counting) for my third pair, which supposedly has a more durable (and longer) cord.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #1,825 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveed84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved mine -- when they worked. Unfortunately the cable quality is not very good and I've gone through two pairs of these within 6 months. I always took good care of them and wore them as indicated. The problem comes from the cable's "memory" -- that is, the tendency of the cable to stay a certain shape when it's been that way for a long period of time. Seeing as you're supposed to wear these with the cord draped over your ear, it will conform to that shape and stay that way. Then when you straighten the cord (for storage purposes), the cord will tear open and expose the wiring inside. This happened to me twice, and eventually the earpiece would just stop working altogether. Thankfully the good people over at HearingPlanet have been happy to replace them for me... but for now I'm still waiting (two months and counting) for my third pair, which supposedly has a more durable (and longer) cord.

I have exactly the same issue. My right earpiece wirings are exposed, and I'm just waiting for them to throw in the towel.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #1,826 of 3,308
I love these iems so much but the cable just sucks, hopefully the new versions cable will be more durable.

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #1,827 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparing them with the RE0s made me realize the flaws of the PFEs. They're way too veiled with the black filters on, with the mids being recessed (almost a V shape). The mids are almost on par with the grey filters on but they sound somewhat too thin, not as realistic as the RE0s. EQing the low mids can fix a part of the problem. I just wish Phonak made a more expensive IEM with a more balanced signature. Otherwise they're a big step up from the RE0s.

Just for clarification, does this mean that REOs are a better choice?

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #1,830 of 3,308
Yes indeed
wink.gif

The mids are really the big feature of the RE0s, they're very realistic and forward, yet still a bit bright (almost as much as the PFEs actually). The mids are a bit thinner with the PFEs but i can live with that, as they also have better bass and treble. I'd say they're also more accurate and faster. My point is that if the PFEs could deliver more balanced mids they would have no major flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back