Phoenix gd or Woo 6SE?
Jun 11, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #16 of 32
I have liked every Woo Audio amp that I have heard, that being said I have ordered and should receive a Phoenix within the next few weeks. At this point no one has actually heard the Phoenix so NO valid comparison can be made. At this point purchasing a Phoenix is a gamble, but it has the features and build quality that I'm looking for, and Audio-gd is getting a great reputation around here, so I decided to order one.

I'd say that if you need a balanced preamp/headphone amp with remote control that the Phoenix is clearly the better product, primarily because there is Nothing else in the price range that offers the same feature set. Will it compare with the Woo Audio WA-6SE sonically? Only time will tell, but I can tell you that the WA-6SE will never be a balanced multi-source preamp/headphone amp with remote control. So Apples, Oranges....

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #19 of 32
IpodPJ: I wouldn't bash Olblueyez... I've seen you say the same for the Phoenix all the time!
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5699700-post11.html

Nonetheless, I look forward to your impressions..

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IpodPJ: I wouldn't bash Olblueyez... I've seen you say the same for the Phoenix all the time!
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5699700-post11.html

Nonetheless, I look forward to your impressions..

I said it "looks to be" the new king of SS amps, not "is", nor did I say anything about it beating a tube amp because that would be silly since they are different animals. I hold very high hopes for it but no one will know until it arrives at their doorstep.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #27 of 32
BUMP!

Wow, this is almost similar with my confusion.. But i am not considering phoenix (because i just heard that brand when i opened this thread
biggrin.gif
).

Too bad that WA6 doesn't have balanced I/O. Maybe the next question is.. Will you go with balanced system.

What about little dot MK VIII SE? Or WA22 (but pretty more expensive comparing with WA6 SE Maxxed).

*i am still in confusion
popcorn.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 32
If you are still confused now (2010), then it is good idea to search and read more posts in AMP forum.  There are TONS of information there about Phoenix and Woo's amp.

I have not heard any Woo's.  Just have Decware's CSP-2 SET OTL amp and it should be at the same range of WA2 if not better. To me, the pin-point focusing, excellent resolution, immense soundstage, crystal clear transparency and deep and solid bass from my balanced Audio-GD combo (Phoenix + Ref-1) is very hard to beat by any systems that I have heard.

But it is really apple (balanced SS) and orange (S.E tube) comparison.  You may want to have both, like I did.  :)

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #29 of 32
Since both are well made, its all a matter of preference really. Honestly with Phoenix it doesn't make sense to buy it and not go balanced. Keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back