Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
May 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #601 of 1,072
Some people said these IEMs are bassy, but I dont think so. I used to have the Senn HD 202, which are much bassier phones compared tọ 3580, to the point where they ruined some of my faved songs, and yet many people still think 202s aren't bassy enough for them. Sure 3580 have more bass than any sub $10 inears I have ever had, but its just that, they got some good sub-bass extension and that's all. 

May 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #604 of 1,072
i tried using the pop eq on my iphone ( to raise the mids and lower some bass)... mann it was pretty bad, it certainly opened up the mids but i the mids are honestly not special at all.

the bass to me hides the mids well, i never noticed how dry the vocals are... they were not engaging at all. made the iems feel really cold and distant.

(no eq)
the highs i admit are siblant at first but i burned my in for over 50 hours, the tamed down quite a bit ( it does lack that true sparkle, however now its not "really that harsh" i do get some ear fatigue after a while but its not deal breaker 

the bass like i said above is actually pretty good i did some A/Bing with my klipsch s4i

these definately extend lower and the emphasis on the bass is where i like it (pretty low down there)

the subbass on the klipsch s4i i think is far too emphasized ( i guess it makes music exciting, who knows)

but these do rumble, it does bleed in the mids a bit 

the mids as stated above are not special (but if i didn;t use the pop eq) i wouldn't have thought it was boring 

without eq the mids are slightly recessed but i think its okay !

overall if you consider its price ( i got em for 15 bucks from walmart) when it should be about sub 10$ is really good buy-- 8/10

but i did compare it to the monoprice 8320

i prefer the neutral sound signature more, the vocals on the 8320 sound fantastic for a sub 10 $ iem and the bass is just enough ( NOTE: I MADE MY 8320 CUSTOM FITTING, and i did not plug the port near the nozzle. ( used radiam custom ear putty) soo they sound fantastic (more genre friendly then my klipsch s4is)

May 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #605 of 1,072
Interesting topic!!
I agree that it doesn't have to cost much to enjoy an earphone.
Many factors can be adjusted thru softwares!
Thank you a lot for showing us this!
We should throw away the concept that higher price = higher quality!

May 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #606 of 1,072
I've already said my thoughts of this IEM on page 40 (8320 vs SHE3580).

While it is not the best out there, it is not bad either.  I have found myself using these before bed.  They have a smooth sound that is easy to listen to.   And if I fall asleep and turn on my side, they do not cause much discomfort while still in my ear, laying on them.

Plus, if I feel like listening to some music with some deeper bass, these do sound "fun" with the slight V shape signature.

May 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #607 of 1,072
Hi, I'm looking for something like MEelectronics triple flange tips for SHE3580. The MEElectronics doesn't have the holder part. (I also don't have those triple flange so i can't play with it.) Help? Recommendations of other tips that works well are good too.

May 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #608 of 1,072
I listened to SHE3580 for a few days.
It's great for the value.
However, there seems to be a drawback.
The frequency response in the range 5k-10k is rather high...
making some music sibilant or noisy.

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #612 of 1,072
 Midnigth city   + SHE8000 + EQD go VIBE = MINDBLOWN     the she8000 sound so MUCH better than any other thing i have,   ( a bunch  of HD 202 -  HD205-  overpriced CX300II-  SHQ1000 - SHE3570  - SHE3575 -  SE-CL541- pana HJE290, etc) they seem solid, good cable, etc and its insane how cheap they where , so i got 2  ... dont know why people here dont seem to care 4 this part model much, they are insanely good... my 2 cents.  (edit the tips  offer sup noise at, but deep insertion can cause discomfort,  ex compared to last model i got   the hje290   they are inferior compared to the 8000- 3500 ( better than the cx300) but really  comfortable so i use them with my helmet @ bike.  ok sorry 4 my lame english, not my language, the message  she-8000 > she-3xxx 

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #613 of 1,072
Hi, just got a pair of 3580s after reading the thread.
I found those sound amazing with some eq tweaking but not that great out of the box imho(weak mids, too trembly for my nooby pov).
So due I use a shuffle mp3 for my workouts, I wonder, Which would be a good budget, more balanced, confortable for workout (so no 8320) iem? (out of the box).

Thx in advnce and thx for this exceletn thread.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #615 of 1,072

Users who are viewing this thread

Back