Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #586 of 1,072
So, tested the Philips SHE3580 over the last two nights.  Now mind you this is with ZERO burn-in and stock tips.

I must say... I am REALLY impressed with these!  I will hold off on my finally thoughts until I can get a set of T-400 - Comply™ on there.  (Which will be ordered soon).

But these are going to give my Monoprice 8320/9927 a run for their money!  Wow! 
eek.gif

Also picked up second pair for $4.64 this morning at Target.  They had one Black set left.  Crazy value for money.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #588 of 1,072
Quote:
I haven't seen them at the discount price in my local Target stores.
(They only had Philips ear-buds on sale.)
I've seen the SE3590 in Toys R' Us for $15.

Some have them some don't.  It WILL NOT be by the headphones, it will be on the back of an isle with a bunch of other discounted electronics.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #589 of 1,072
They just recently move them out of the headphone aisle in my local store. BUT they're still $7ish. Not yet $4. Same with the S400 Complies. I don't know why it's not a national price change.

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #590 of 1,072
What would be the best tips to use for these things? I am currently using the smallest stock tips and they keep sliding out of my ears, thus making me lose a good seal.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #591 of 1,072
Quote:
What would be the best tips to use for these things? I am currently using the smallest stock tips and they keep sliding out of my ears, thus making me lose a good seal.

I have the same issue.  Best tips are the Comply T-400. 
cool.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #592 of 1,072
Cool, thanks. Are the small Comply tips around the same size as the small stock tips?

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #593 of 1,072
Quote:
Cool, thanks. Are the small Comply tips around the same size as the small stock tips?

Yeah, about the same.  I personaly use the Small Comply T-400 tips, they fit me much better than the medium size.  I can push them in without having to squeeze them first.  They make a perfect seal for me.

May 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #594 of 1,072
Guys i already posted this in one of my threads but as another proud owner of a pair of Philips she3570 i am going to share my experience in this thread as well....

So....

just bought a pair of she3570 for 7 euros. Unfortunately i had to stick with the red/pinkish ones, but they are not that bad.... XD
Actually the sound more than makes up for the color. I have to admit i am impressed and they are probably really better than my beloved and now late cx300 because it seems that the highs extend much more.

At least this is my impression after 2 hours using them... When i first got my cx300 i hated them and only after days and days of use i started to like the sound because everything stared to get better after some burn in period and with this Philips i must say that right out of the box they sound as good as my burned in cx300 but maybe excel a little bit more because as i said before they seem to have a bit more highs.

So far loving them... Mids are indeed a litlle recessed but personally they are almost perfect for me and i would not extend the mids much more (i guess this is why some people say they sound tiny, and indeed in a couple of tracks it seems they lack just tiny bit of pressure in the sound but it just really happens very often and just with some certain types of music).

Bass? I dont understand how some people believe this are bass light, now i really now whats the definition of basshead around here.

As i said before i have a pair of Aurvana Lives and a pair of more than bass heavy AKG K518Dj and for me the bass on the Philips is more than perfect. Punchy, not muddy, precise, not to much, not interfering with other frequencies, just perfect... :)

For now i am liking them a lot, i have only one concern, since the iem casind is really small when i put them on my ears i end up pressing not only the casing but also accidentaly a bit of the whire with my fingers and i am affraid that these presses on the wire will eventually lead to wire fallure.... but with 2 years warranty and for this price it is more than a fantastic buy.

Just a one question...

I have them playing on my ipod touch 4g for 3 hours now. Those burn improves something on them? If so how many hours of burn in are needed for them to get at their best? (I already like the sound of them though...)

I am gonna keep them playing during the night to see if tomorrow there is any improvement....

Cheers... :)

May 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #595 of 1,072
Finally got my Comply T-400 (small) for the SHE3580. 

Comfort and fit are now at 100%.  Still need a little more burning in, but I am seriously impressed with these little things for the $5 I paid for them. 

After a little more time with the Philips, I will then compare them to the Monoprice 8320.  I think it will be a close battle.

May 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #596 of 1,072
Anybody have the Brainwavz M2/ViSang R03 that they can compare to these? I am thinking about picking up a pair.

May 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #597 of 1,072
Monoprice 8320/9927 vs. Philips SHE3580 ------------- Budget Battle Royal!  (Both fighters using the Comply T-400)

Price - SHE3580 (Both priced very low, but the Philips was only $5 off the discount rack)

Highs - 8320/9927 (Both rolled off with ok detail, but the Monoprice just has a bit more presence)

Lows - 8320/9927 (SHE3580 might have more bass, but the 8320/9927 does not leak into the mids and is cleaner)

Mids - 8320/9927 (No contest here)

Overal SQ - 8320/9927 (Really thought it would be closer, but not at all)

Isolation - SHE3580 (Not even close)

Comfort - SHE3580 (Hands down)

Build - Tie (Budget IEMs, built to a price)

Scorecard:

Monoprice 8320/9927 - 5

Philips SHE3580 - 3

Recap of the Match

At first listen, I really thought the SHE3580 had a fighting chance.  Low price, comfortable and easy listening sound.

But when you put it head to head with the 8320/9927, it is clear that the Monoprice has it beat with every level in sound (Mids/Highs/Lows).
The saving grace of the Philips is that is it cheap, comfortable and is built well for the price.  Come on, got two of them for $10!

The winner and reigning champion is the Monoprice 8320/9927.  Still can't believe how these sound.  The quality competes with IEMs / Headphones 10x the price.

May 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #598 of 1,072
Quote:
Monoprice 8320/9927 vs. Philips SHE3580 ------------- Budget Battle Royal!  (Both fighters using the Comply T-400)

Price - SHE3580 (Both priced very low, but the Philips was only $5 off the discount rack)

Highs - 8320/9927 (Both rolled off with ok detail, but the Monoprice just has a bit more presence)

Lows - 8320/9927 (SHE3580 might have more bass, but the 8320/9927 does not leak into the mids and is cleaner)

Mids - 8320/9927 (No contest here)

Overal SQ - 8320/9927 (Really thought it would be closer, but not at all)

Isolation - SHE3580 (Not even close)

Comfort - SHE3580 (Hands down)

Build - Tie (Budget IEMs, built to a price)

Scorecard:

Monoprice 8320/9927 - 5

Philips SHE3580 - 3

Recap of the Match

At first listen, I really thought the SHE3580 had a fighting chance.  Low price, comfortable and easy listening sound.

But when you put it head to head with the 8320/9927, it is clear that the Monoprice has it beat with every level in sound (Mids/Highs/Lows).
The saving grace of the Philips is that is it cheap, comfortable and is built well for the price.  Come on, got two of them for $10!

The winner and reigning champion is the Monoprice 8320/9927.  Still can't believe how these sound.  The quality competes with IEMs / Headphones 10x the price.

Thanx a lot. As I have mentioned above I've got the SHE3590 with the Sansa Clip+. Now onto the Monoprice 8320/9927.

May 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #600 of 1,072
Quote:
I too, also found that they lack overall refinement, at first! But trust me, if you have a set laying around, try changing and replacing the in-ear tips with the "sky-blue" in-ear tips from VSONIC color selected tips. These were not my number one choice for all around IEM's, but when I changed the tips it was like night and day! Deeper and tighter lows (less boomy), vocals are more present and incredibily clear and life-like, and the highs are crystal and sparkling clear. No kidding! Try it! I compared it with other popular IEM's. Just check-out my thread at "1clearhead", or search by typing: HOW TO UP-GRADE YOUR PHILIPS SHE3580

You won't be dissappointed! This will be just one more to your collection.
wink_face.gif

[size=10pt]-Here’s “1clearhead” for a better listening experience![/size]

I enjoy the Meelec double flanges - they improve the sound greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back