Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Oct 12, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #392 of 1,072
Hi all, I'm considering picking up a cheap pair of SHE3680's. 

Does anyone know if I can use the bi-flange tips from my Meelectronics M9's on them?  Regular tips never fit in my ears.

I've checked their nozzle diameters from joker's reviews and the m9's nozzle is 5.5mm while the philips are maybe 4mm (about the size of ue100) maybe a bit larger so meelec tips should either fit or just be a bit loose.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #393 of 1,072
Hi guys,I have a friend living in the UK and in a few weeks he's going to be back to his native town for holiday,.Here in Brazil any pair of the "She" series from Philips is around 30/40 US bucks.Now, i am willing to make a gift to my sister ,and i was wondering to buy a Clip+ 2g (which is about 60/70 Bucks here ,quite expensive too).

Now,to make it short i found two different a pair of Philips,the SHE 3580 which are the protagonist here,and a pair classified as SHE3570BK:.
I know they made practically the same drivers with just different colours,and here on Head-Fi a few threads already have people confirming the sound does not change between them,but the second IEM i mention here cost 8 £,which is 3 £ cheaper,So i would like to ask to you to confirm me they are the same model but just with different tips colours.Sorry about this long post question with an almost useless question!
biggrin.gif

Quite happy that with a mere 35 £ i can get a decent portable rig for my sister,i may end up in buying the same rig for me.Actually i own a Clip Zip 8g more 2,8,and 16g Micro SD card paired with a HF5.
Thanks already folks.

Joe Bloggs ,i hope i can get your same results with this cheap IEM equalized ,so i can let my HF5 take a little rest,they are working hard!!haha

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #394 of 1,072
I just hear that someone wrote Philips and was told that the 3570 and 3580 are the same.  If you like the HF5 you can obtain a similar level of detail with the SHE35xx with the posted parametric EQ tuned to your own ears (ie use Sinegen to find the resonant frequencies of the IEMs coupled to your ears and change the center frequencies of the high frequency dips on my EQ to match your own peaks) except with the potential for much more bass impact (the bass rolloff in the EQ 'nerfs' the bass response of the phones but even with this EQ it has more bass than etys; with the bass rolloff removed the phones rock HARD although impact would not be the best because true bass "impact" is actually performed by a balanced rendition of bass (which would contribute to the "wub wub wub") all the way up to the treble (which provides the "snap" of the impact) and everything in between.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #395 of 1,072
Thank you Joe,that is what i wanted to hear to be confirmed.I normally always look for budget stuff as at the moment i can't afford any hi-end product,and in this case i am thinking in making a gift for my sister (she deserves a little more than a pair of SHE3570 and a Clip+,she is really pushing hard between work and university),and i will take the opportunity to buy a pair for myself for backup IEM's,with more bass impact ,better.

I will try my best to in finding the best equalized solution as i am exactly not much a user of equalization.I may end up learning a little more ,because right now equalization done by myself is just like a catastrophic action..Consequently i am eagerly intrigued to see how my ety's will respond to this modification (beside changing the filters port to change basically the sound signature which is a modification i found on a specific thread done by Astro Turf).I did already tried to improve my HF5 bass impact ,but i always lose a lot of clarity ,much more of what i would expect to lose.
Best
Antonio

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #396 of 1,072
i got a pair of 3570 and 3580... sounds the same.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #399 of 1,072
Hi guys,I have a friend living in the UK and in a few weeks he's going to be back to his native town for holiday,.Here in Brazil any pair of the "She" series from Philips is around 30/40 US bucks.Now, i am willing to make a gift to my sister ,and i was wondering to buy a Clip+ 2g (which is about 60/70 Bucks here ,quite expensive too).

Now,to make it short i found two different a pair of Philips,the SHE 3580 which are the protagonist here,and a pair classified as SHE3570BK:.
I know they made practically the same drivers with just different colours,and here on Head-Fi a few threads already have people confirming the sound does not change between them,but the second IEM i mention here cost 8 £,which is 3 £ cheaper,So i would like to ask to you to confirm me they are the same model but just with different tips colours.Sorry about this long post question with an almost useless question!:D
Quite happy that with a mere 35 £ i can get a decent portable rig for my sister,i may end up in buying the same rig for me.Actually i own a Clip Zip 8g more 2,8,and 16g Micro SD card paired with a HF5.
Thanks already folks.

Joe Bloggs ,i hope i can get your same results with this cheap IEM equalized ,so i can let my HF5 take a little rest,they are working hard!!haha

The 3590 are the same and most available here in the UK.

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #400 of 1,072
Quote:
Check Target , Sears.

Thanks, I found a pair at Target on the way home, the 3590 to be exact. From what I've read it's the same driver/enclosure as the 3580.

Wow, these aren't bad at all, maybe as good as my Image S4s??
basshead.gif
Definitely heavy on the bass, but doesn't seem to smother the mids and highs in rock music like some of the bassier IEMs do. I'll definitely be trying these out with some jazz and electronic stuff in the coming days.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #402 of 1,072
did anyone compare this to CK-700? which is better?

I've have them both here,

Using a Sansa Clip+ and Britney Spears in FLAC, CK700 or rather punchy having more sub-bass rumble, mids actually have decent clarity for something of this price range, treble can be slightly harsh at higher volumes. Overall they really are decent for the money. They have good impact and the bass pumps away really well. I can imagine them becoming fatiguing after long sessions due to the treble and bass punch.. It's been a while since I'd heard them and changing tips this happened.

But don't worry about that, I simply pushed it back together, sounds the same. :wink: Not a problem

Side note Apart from that slight problem my left and right channels are wired incorrectly.

Phillips SHE3580

Bass had less punch, mids aren't as detailed, treble is recessed compared. but! there's none of the fatigue involved. I'm needing more volume to gain the same levels of clarity though the overall sound is a little more laid back. I feel inclined if to say I prefer CK700 by a large margin, mainly because they have a explosive signature that shows more wow factor. I have owned both for a long time but CK700 is pushing ahead here during this test.

If you can, get both, but I definitely wouldn't be pushing CK700 aside at all. The problem with SHE3580 is the soundstage is squishy and becomes congested. CK700's problem is they become fatiguing, though if it's bass you want and clarity CK700 are sounding better here.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #403 of 1,072
Quote:
I've have them both here,
Using a Sansa Clip+ and Britney Spears in FLAC, CK700 or rather punchy having more sub-bass rumble, mids actually have decent clarity for something of this price range, treble can be slightly harsh at higher volumes. Overall they really are decent for the money. They have good impact and the bass pumps away really well. I can imagine them becoming fatiguing after long sessions due to the treble and bass punch.. It's been a while since I'd heard them and changing tips this happened.
But don't worry about that, I simply pushed it back together, sounds the same.
wink.gif
Not a problem
Side note Apart from that slight problem my left and right channels are wired incorrectly.
Phillips SHE3580
Bass had less punch, mids aren't as detailed, treble is recessed compared. but! there's none of the fatigue involved. I'm needing more volume to gain the same levels of clarity though the overall sound is a little more laid back. I feel inclined if to say I prefer CK700 by a large margin, mainly because they have a explosive signature that shows more wow factor. I have owned both for a long time but CK700 is pushing ahead here during this test.
If you can, get both, but I definitely wouldn't be pushing CK700 aside at all. The problem with SHE3580 is the soundstage is squishy and becomes congested. CK700's problem is they become fatiguing, though if it's bass you want and clarity CK700 are sounding better here.

Thanks for the reply. Is the faulty left and right positioning of wires are isolated cases only? I have one IEM from focal price with the same problem.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #404 of 1,072
Thanks for the reply. Is the faulty left and right positioning of wires are isolated cases only? I have one IEM from focal price with the same problem.

I think it's just luck of the draw with their quality control actually. CK700 impressed me so much I bought another pair just to have around. they're still in the box though.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #405 of 1,072
Quote:
I think it's just luck of the draw with their quality control actually. CK700 impressed me so much I bought another pair just to have around. they're still in the box though.

have you tried the black one of CK700? I saw 2 colors available. I wonder if there's a difference between two of them considering that they differ slightly on price. Thank you you help me alot on choosing an alternative IEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back