Philips Fidelio X3
Oct 1, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #931 of 1,964
E-tier... They hate it.
Btw; This Valour guy is really an arrogant looking p....?
Hahaha
Oh well, I have a track record for liking headphones many audiophiles hate: Sony MDR-Z7, AudioQuest NightHawk.
I guess it all depends on what music you listen to, how you listen, how you compare different pairs. Maybe those guys are right, I don't know.
I am listening to the X3s for over three weeks, for 6-8 hours a day and I listen to everything. My fondness for the X3s is an average of everything, I never really disected their sound in categories, I only do this when trying to describe their sound in this thread. This may sound ridiculous in light of the consensus that they are thin and overly bright sounding, but to me these X3s are the only pair of headphones I own that come close to NightHawks and HD650s in non-fatiguing delivery of music. I think their treble is 99% of the time just wonderfull, no hardness at all.
Even the MDR-Z7s can be 'ringy' at times, the X3s never, I repeat never.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #932 of 1,964
In other words: only your ears can decide, not the youtuber reviewers.

I'm not gonna try to derail the topic, this is purely as an example.
I own Amiron Home and Amiron Wireless Copper. Despite their same name, they entirely sound different from each other. The Amiron Home is the X2 and Wireless is the X3. I based the comparison off from the reviews from the owners themself and not from the youtube reviewers. And do I love both Amirons? Absolutely! You can't speculate how any of the headphone will sound. I made my purchases based on the reviews and experiences from the average joe's on this forum and not from the youtubers. Reviews from average consumers are way more honest, real and most of the times unbiased.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #933 of 1,964
E-tier... They hate it.
Btw; This Valour guy is really an arrogant looking p....?

Good news is that it will only drive down the price for the rest of us :)

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #934 of 1,964
Good news is that it will only drive down the price for the rest of us :)
Yeah, the price is the main reason why I put it on hold. €300+ is not something I would buy it so easily and so soon.

Mink, you lucky son of beach!

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #937 of 1,964
Listened to both the HD560s and the X2's for a while last night...
I think they compliment each other well... They do a lot differently.

HD560s are more comfortable. Lighter, better fitting pads and just the right amount of clamp for my head.

X2's have a wider soundstage to me and more bass, but the bass can be a bit wooly at times. HD560s are more controlled here with decent extension too. I think I prefer the quality of the bass of the HD560s... Depending on the task, the impact of the X2's is still enjoyable.

Sound is more spacious with the X2's . HD560s are more centered but still have good imaging, perhaps better than the X2's.

I think the main part of the midrange is similar, which is quite neutral. Midrange to treble is my least favourite part of the X2's.
Treble extension is definitely more extended on the HD560s... it's very noticeable.

I know this isn't going to help too much if you plan on getting either... The X2's are more fun. They sound spacious to me which is one of the things I really like about them.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #939 of 1,964
My question is: why do you have to ruin my day man? I plan to get the hd560s to replace my x2hr but now you say they compliment each other :frowning2:

It depends what you do man. If you watch a lot of movies with them or listen to drum and bass, the X2's is one I'd go for. Fancy some Beach House? HD560. You know what I mean?

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #940 of 1,964
Oct 3, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #944 of 1,964
If you don't want comparisons between the HD560S and other headphones I think you're in the minority.....
I don't see any issue if X3 joins the comparisons too :p

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #945 of 1,964
I don't see any issue if X3 joins the comparisons too :p
Sorry my bad, had both this thread and the HD560S thread open. I agree with you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back