Philips Fidelio X3
Oct 3, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #947 of 1,964
I don't have those but I was close to purchasing them. What stopped me was the release of the HD560s. I thought a few here was in a similar situation. Maybe it should be moved to the other thread.
That...applies to me too. I don't see myself spending that amount of money on headphone that has very bad reputation in the past that even made Amazon refuse to sell them. €339+ is not that cheap and should have been €200 or under. So the 560S won the battle, even got it for €20 less. I put the X3 on hold for now.

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #948 of 1,964
If I were in your position I would do the same, I'd skip the X3s all together. Lucky me I only paid 207 EURO, but I never would have bought them at full price, at least not without hearing them first.
I must say I am somewhat curious about the HD560s, but since I own the HD650s already and I have wider soundstage already covered with the X3s, X2s, Z7s NightHawks etc. I'll pass.
Still I wonder how the X3s would be reviewed, especially compared to the HD560s if they were retailed at 200 USD?
To me the X3s seem to be like a bit brighter HD650s with much better soundstage (especially depth) that are custom tuned to my ears. Just the exact amount of dips and peaks in their frequency.

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #950 of 1,964
@rev6 Did you see the question I asked before

I missed your post, sorry mate.

I listened to this with both and skipped to a few points to A/B.

HD560s have more treble energy. The hihats especially after the part around 4 minutes stands out more on these. They are more resolving on this track... More engaging? The snare? gets a bit annoying though but that could be the track in general, I didn't try with my HD600.

Sub bass there's not much difference between them. The kick drum is more boom boom with the X2's, the HD560s is more knock knock which makes it a tighter sound.

Again the part around 4 mins is more mesmerising on HD560s, it really gets your attention.

I know I should tell you which I prefer with this track but I don't know. The snare? takes too much of the forefront. Without that it would be the HD560s but at the same time I prefer the tigher low end and extra details it has in other parts.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #951 of 1,964
I know I should tell you which I prefer with this track but I don't know. The hihats take too much of the forefront. Without that it would be the HD560 but at the same time I prefer the tigher low end and extra details it has in other parts.
Very interesting, according to that I will definitely wait until I can try out the X2 from my friend. I like a looser low end, so thats why. You also said they have better soundstage, so another reason for me ^^
Thanks for comparing!

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #954 of 1,964
I experienced some headphones can be fatiguing for certain genres of music. So far only my Amiron Home/Wireless and T5p.2 can be used for any genre without any fatigue.
Does it apply the same to X3 or perhaps X2?

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #955 of 1,964
I'll give 'em a shot. I like the X2, save for a bit of thickness in the sound.

Sibilants can be tamed with some thin foam rings or Doggie Treats over the drivers, under the pads.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #958 of 1,964
So a completely different impression. Great. I hate this hobby xD

Zeos' impressions are so weird sometimes, it's hard to know how much stock to put into what he says

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #959 of 1,964
Zeos' impressions are so weird sometimes, it's hard to know how much stock to put into what he says

No doubt. I would prefer to read through a dozen Amazon testimonials and take the average of what they say, before listening to Zeos.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #960 of 1,964
So completely different impressions. Great. I hate this hobby xD
Of all the you tube reviews shown in this thread, this is the first one where the reviewer prefers the sound of the x3's over the x2.

The others don't think the bass is as impactful on the x3, and don't think the treble is an improvement.
They all agree that they think they're priced too high, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back