Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 3, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #15,167 of 15,268
I haven't picked it up it years :relieved:
Fair enough, lol. I go back to them every once in a while but after a few hours I go back to my trusty X1's again. It's been a pattern lol. Everytime I get wowed by the incredible bass and insightful mids but after a few hours I go back to the tonality of the Fidelio X1. It still remains my favorite headphone ever. I won't be selling the X2's though, if only because it's plenty hard to find an og X2 anymore.

What's your headphone of choice then, if it isn't the X2's? Everyone must have a favorite.:)

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #15,168 of 15,268
Fair enough, lol. I go back to them every once in a while but after a few hours I go back to my trusty X1's again. It's been a pattern lol. Everytime I get wowed by the incredible bass and insightful mids but after a few hours I go back to the tonality of the Fidelio X1. It still remains my favorite headphone ever. I won't be selling the X2's though, if only because it's plenty hard to find an og X2 anymore.

What's your headphone of choice then, if it isn't the X2's? Everyone must have a favorite.:)
The most I've spent on headphones is about maybe just under $200. The most on an amp dac is maybe just under $500. And those combos work out well for me, I can not complain. I have about 5 headphones and two dac amps laying around my desk, by this forums standards... I'm just beginning my collection. Will I ever go the $1000 (and up) club for a headphone? Not sure.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #15,169 of 15,268

I have a lot, because of the job. But I'm more into the HD 800 S, ELITE, Susvara and Expanse at the moment. My go to classics are the HD650 and DT770PRO 32

Mar 20, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #15,170 of 15,268
Statement: X2HR has the best soundstage under a 1000.

Yes there are headphones as wide but these just stretch the image (i e. voices get wider / more blurry) and front to back depth may become less, while the X2HR remains diamond cut imaging and depth. Also is the X2HR fully capable of projecting fully outside of your head in front of you while others struggle to do that.

Prove me otherwise and name me some others.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #15,171 of 15,268

Yes there are headphones as wide but these just stretch the image (i e. voices get wider / more blurry) and front to back depth may become less, while the X2HR remains diamond cut imaging and depth.

I'm really impressed with the sub bass on this thing. Sometimes look around looking for that subwoofer in my room...

Mar 21, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #15,172 of 15,268

Yes there are headphones as wide but these just stretch the image (i e. voices get wider / more blurry) and front to back depth may become less, while the X2HR remains diamond cut imaging and depth. Also is the X2HR fully capable of projecting fully outside of your head in front of you while others struggle to do that.

I can agree with your statements. That's why I have an X2 OG that I still listen to EVERY SINGLE DAY. Love them.

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #15,175 of 15,268

AKG K712 Pro
Beyerdynamic T1
Meze 109 Pro

Just a few examples.

X2HR soundstage is very good. But you asked for names.

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #15,176 of 15,268

Fostex TH610 with a Feliks Echo tube amp. Blows me away every time.

The X2HR are my go to for gaming though. Convenience of use with a Vmoda Boom Mic is through the roof, and they're such a cinematic headphone.

I've tried a crazy amount of headphones these past few years, I always recommend the above combo to gaming friends.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #15,177 of 15,268
89 euros on Amazon dot nl now for the headphone with the best soundstage under a 1000 probably 1500. :)

Unfortunately this discount is not on Amazon dot com so only for the EU.
Damn, I might buy another one just because of the fluffy earpads!

May 14, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #15,178 of 15,268
I just bought a pair.

It’s not a Gibson or a Woox version, assuming it’s the latest batch. Should I return it?

Straight out the box these does not sound good. Bass is muddy, no midrange, and the treble is harsh. After 30-40 hours of burn in the bass became controlled, and the harshness dissolved. The midrange is not in your face but it’s there abd now sounds good. It all depends on the quality of the recording imo.

These are some handsome headphones, It could give Beyerdynamic a run for its money in the design department.

Anyone have recommendations on cable upgrades?

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #15,179 of 15,268
I just bought a pair.

It’s not a Gibson or a Woox version, assuming it’s the latest batch. Should I return it?

Straight out the box these does not sound good. Bass is muddy, no midrange, and the treble is harsh. After 30-40 hours of burn in the bass became controlled, and the harshness dissolved. The midrange is not in your face but it’s there abd now sounds good. It all depends on the quality of the recording imo.

These are some handsome headphones, It could give Beyerdynamic a run for its money in the design department.

In the US I favor Hart Audio cables. Welcome aboard the X2 train. 8+ years for me and stiĺl enjoy the heck out of them. You keep them coz' a FUN sound is what your after, and they bring it in abundance. Enjoy!

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #15,180 of 15,268
I just bought a pair.

Congrats on your new headphones, the stock cables are good, I've never changed mine out, not yet anyways. You might find what your looking for here ---> https://periaptcables.com/collections/frontpage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back