Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #14,207 of 15,268
I'm still rocking my X2s ... but my earpads are a mess...
Yes, i have the glued version, but they are not glued anymore :D ( ooops )

So which options do we have for replacement earpads in your opinion, the best options?

Thank you so much :)
I picked up the Brainwavz XL velour pads. They're a good size for the X2.
I pulled the old pads off the plastic fixing rings, pulled the pads over the rings, then used 3M double sided tape to stick the rings to the headphone. My X2 were the type where they glued on the plates so they don't stay on themselves.

The Brainwavz pads are good for size, but a bit rough and itchy when it's warm. I might swap them out for pair of dekoni one day, but dekoni don't makes a dedicated pair for the X2, so I'll have to improvise.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #14,208 of 15,268
Everyone is going to think I'm insane in this post. I've just had a pair of Beyerdynamic T1.2's delivered (used from ebay). These things are generally around £695 new. I went from having to just been listening to my Fidelio X2, straight to the T1... oh my god these things are similar!!! The X2 clearly has slight more bass impact, vocals are a bit more subdued and the T1 is clearer. But these things aren't a million miles from each other. The X2 is almost a budget T1. I'm a bit shocked.

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #14,209 of 15,268
Everyone is going to think I'm insane in this post. I've just had a pair of Beyerdynamic T1.2's delivered (used from ebay). These things are generally around £695 new. I went from having to just been listening to my Fidelio X2, straight to the T1... oh my god these things are similar!!! The X2 clearly has slight more bass impact, vocals are a bit more subdued and the T1 is clearer. But these things aren't a million miles from each other. The X2 is almost a budget T1. I'm a bit shocked.

Good choice - I’ve always wanted A T1. One of these days I’ll pick one up :)

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #14,210 of 15,268
While everyone over on the X3 thread is waiting for them to start delivery, I’m listening to my beloved X2’s. Ha ha ha! I cannot think the X3 would be a huge upgrade sonically, so, though I will probably buy them, I am going to wait for plenty of reviews before deciding.

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #14,211 of 15,268
While everyone over on the X3 thread is waiting for them to start delivery, I’m listening to my beloved X2’s. Ha ha ha! I cannot think the X3 would be a huge upgrade sonically, so, though I will probably buy them, I am going to wait for plenty of reviews before deciding.

I recently listened to my beloved X2s, also--hard to imagine I'd ever buy the X3s.

Then again, pretty much everything I ever did in this hobby was hard to imagine...beforehand.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #14,212 of 15,268
I picked up the Brainwavz XL velour pads. They're a good size for the X2.
I pulled the old pads off the plastic fixing rings, pulled the pads over the rings, then used 3M double sided tape to stick the rings to the headphone. My X2 were the type where they glued on the plates so they don't stay on themselves.

The Brainwavz pads are good for size, but a bit rough and itchy when it's warm. I might swap them out for pair of dekoni one day, but dekoni don't makes a dedicated pair for the X2, so I'll have to improvise.

Does the sound signature have a major change with the new pads?

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #14,213 of 15,268
Does the sound signature have a major change with the new pads?
No real change that I've noticed at all. I originally put pleather ones on. That made them very bloomy in the bass, not good. These velour ones sounds good and they're a softer foam than the originals, much more comfortable to me. I really think they sound like the originals. In the pics you can see how I've attached them to the rings, then double sided taped the rings back on with 3m tape.

IMG_20200828_191124.jpg

IMG_20200828_191032.jpg

IMG_20200828_191040.jpg

Aug 28, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #14,214 of 15,268
coool! Sorry for my request, but could you do a summary, written ( can be bullet points ), on the steps you took to install those?

Sorry just making sure i will order these and know more or less what to expect :)

Thank you in advance and sorry, again, to ask you this :)

Edit: i just noticed you explained it on your last post :)

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #14,215 of 15,268
coool! Sorry for my request, but could you do a summary, written ( can be bullet points ), on the steps you took to install those?

Sorry just making sure i will order these and know more or less what to expect :)

Thank you in advance and sorry, again, to ask you this :)

Edit: i just noticed you explained it on your last post :)
That's ok, I'll send you a message with steps.

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #14,220 of 15,268
Hello guys,ı just need 2.5mm cable to my x2hr to use with fiio btr5.Any suggestions under 50$?
Also ı need new pair of earpads.Any suggestions of earpads ?
Thank you.
Hi, I've owned the BTR5. Superb bit of kit. The BTR5 has a 3.5mm output unbalanced or 2.5mm balanced. To the best of my knowledge, I don't believe the X2HR are wired for balanced. So you'd want to be using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. I never tried my X2 with the BTR5, so I can't remember how well it would power them. But give it a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back