Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #13,636 of 15,268
Just got an answer from someone on the LG G7 thred that he is running the X2 out of the phone with plenty volume to spare. Keeping in mind that from mine (and my wife's G7) is way way low, I'm starting to thing that something is wrong either with my X2 or the cable. I'll test it with the MSR7 cable when I get home, if they are compatible.

Does anyone here happen to have a FiiO K3 or Audioengine D3? If so, with no gain, what volume do you usually run the X2s? Let's say from Tidal or Spotify. I know we don't hear the same, the volume is subjective and also it depends on the song/music genre, but just a ballpark figure would be useful.

Thanks!

strange, I also got the g7 and x2. The x2 i think is at ok level at max, maybe a little below what I would consider nonral. Not loud by any means.

Nov 30, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #13,637 of 15,268
Always good to have a different perspective,
[USER=342070]@peter123
have you ever heard the on-ear Fidelio M1 MKII?[/USER]

I have both in the house now :eyeglasses: ( XR2 and m2bt , same drivers as m1 mkII) ;

I just got a pair of Philips X2 just out of curiosity after setting on the m2bt for portable wireless use.

Happy to get back a feedback soon . Quite a bunch of headphone references too ( Senn HD580 , 600 and 650 all with recable option , hd650 recabled+balanced , plus a Grado hp2 and a Grado ps1 among others )

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #13,639 of 15,268
Which side does the cable go into the headphone - the end with Phillips name or the other end?
Google search images and it is a complete mess.

I have my doubts it actually matters which way it's connected. But for the record, I connect mine short black plug: headphone, Philips named plug: source.

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #13,642 of 15,268
I just bought a pair of the x2hr from Amazon, and need some dac/amp recommendations. They’ll be used mostly for PC gaming, plus some tunes. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

schiit's official website has a Fulla 2 amp/dac on sale for $59 at the moment. you prob won't find anything cheaper with that good of a sound signature/power.

https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-2-1

or grab the magni 3 its also on sale for $59 on schiits site. if you don't mind using on board DAC. shouldn't matter to much. if it were me and I was on a budget i'd go with magni 3

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #13,643 of 15,268
I bought X2HR's on Friday. $99.00 on Amazon.com. With conversion, shipping and taxes it should be about $180.00, landed in Canada. Cheapest headphones I have bought in years.

I am very curious if the sound is different enough to merit staying in the collection. At that price it wouldn't be a hardship to move them on.

Shane D

Dec 4, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #13,644 of 15,268
I bought X2HR's on Friday. $99.00 on Amazon.com. With conversion, shipping and taxes it should be about $180.00, landed in Canada. Cheapest headphones I have bought in years.

I am very curious if the sound is different enough to merit staying in the collection. At that price it wouldn't be a hardship to move them on.

Shane D

I haven't bought a headphone since the HD58X launched, I am very curious to compare these two, for $99 I couldn't resist. Like you said, it won't be hard to move them on with a little loss if HD58X wins out still, I heard original X2's and the soundstage is still the best I ever heard on a can, the bass was too muddy for me though on the originals, hopefully this revised version has that fixed. The earpads look very comfortable. I have some lambskin pads that should fit these with some double sided tape as well, so that will be interesting.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #13,645 of 15,268
Muddy bass could be due to the amp being used. There is a huge difference when you plug them into something they don't like and something they sing with.

Also the main reason I do like them is the bass, to enjoy my music with a rumbly low end, I don't have to become deaf, they will rumble nicely on low volume. Unlike something like LCD2C, Great bass if you have lost half your hearing. The level of volume required to get any half decent rumble out of them is insane, for a person like me with a good hearing.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #13,646 of 15,268
Muddy bass could be due to the amp being used. There is a huge difference when you plug them into something they don't like and something they sing with.

Also the main reason I do like them is the bass, to enjoy my music with a rumbly low end, I don't have to become deaf, they will rumble nicely on low volume. Unlike something like LCD2C, Great bass if you have lost half your hearing. The level of volume required to get any half decent rumble out of them is insane, for a person like me with a good hearing.

yeah it was a long time ago, I have much nicer amps now. Asgard 2 and modi 3 should make it shine.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #13,648 of 15,268
I haven't bought a headphone since the HD58X launched, I am very curious to compare these two, for $99 I couldn't resist. Like you said, it won't be hard to move them on with a little loss if HD58X wins out still, I heard original X2's and the soundstage is still the best I ever heard on a can, the bass was too muddy for me though on the originals, hopefully this revised version has that fixed. The earpads look very comfortable. I have some lambskin pads that should fit these with some double sided tape as well, so that will be interesting.

I will be doing the same comparison. I picked up some used HD58X's a while ago and have been impressed with them.

Shane D

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #13,649 of 15,268

They sound the same as the X2s, the drivers haven't been changed, just minor aesthetic changes and updated pads, the bass is still muddy but acceptable for the price range. In my opinion the 58X is an all-around superior headphone other than the much narrower sound stage, but the X2's aren't bad by any means

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #13,650 of 15,268
They sound the same as the X2s, the drivers haven't been changed, just minor aesthetic changes and updated pads, the bass is still muddy but acceptable for the price range. In my opinion the 58X is an all-around superior headphone other than the much narrower sound stage, but the X2's aren't bad by any means

the earpads are different, which can change sound quite a bit. also since they are removable, I can see how my other pads do on it with double sided tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back