Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 19, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #11,213 of 15,268
  Before i destroy my headphone or pads, is the pads is glued on what does that exactly means in case of sound etc.?
Tried to pull the right pad off, and seems like it won't come out, and sounds like it's glued when I pull them apart.

The glue has zero effect on the sound. People lost their **** over it on this forum, but it has no effect on the sound.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #11,215 of 15,268
  Out of curiosity, for those have tried the Fidelio X2s with their closest competitors the Sennheiser HD600s and HD650s, how would they compare to each other? 

I own X2 and HD600, used to have HD650 too. X2 is very different to the Senns, way more colored sound-sig in the highs especially. The Senns have among the best mids in the market, let's say below 1000 bucks at least, maybe higher. X2 has a surprising amount of bass for an open model and it's fun in a V-shaped way. But, the mids are quite drawn back in comparison and the highs are very colored (low energy below 10k), instruments don't sound a lot like they should and there's a lack of crunch in guitars and snare drums, for an example.

Both Sennheisers are often used by audio-pros, X2's I'd bet never. They are all about the "fun", smooth & bassy coloring. I don't think the Senns are their closest competitor, the Fostex TH-X00 -line is quite similar.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #11,217 of 15,268
 there's a lack of crunch in guitars and snare drums, for an example.

Agree with this part of your post entirely, they lack that biting edge/energy for distorted guitar especially imo.

Still great Phones tho..

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #11,218 of 15,268
Sad day: returning the X2's I got just a few days ago. Upon first listening (after a little break-in period), I was thrilled with the sound profile and the comfort. But after a while, I just noticed something was a little "off", and eventually realized the sound wasn't quite centered. After more listening, including testing with Sinegen, I indeed found the right side was measurably softer than the left, especially in the all-important bass/low-mids. It wasn't too severe, after all I didn't notice immediately. But with my OCDish nature, once I hear it, I can't unhear it.

Searched for "X2 channel imbalance" after discovering it myself, soon found I'm not alone. In the future, when I get my motivation back, I may well order two at the same time, hoping at least one will be balanced and then return the other. Just too good a HP at too good a price not to try.

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #11,220 of 15,268
My ears are glued to the X2. How about that?
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back