Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 6, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #11,161 of 15,268
From my experience the pads make all the difference when comparing Woox and latest Gibson.
Source - had both for a short time :)

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #11,163 of 15,268
Got my fidelio's in and they sound great.

Gotta say though, my $12 IEM's, the rock zircons sound 80-85% as good as the fidelios.... a crazy value they are.

LOL, I've also got the Zircons and would say that they're about 2% of the X2's. Ymmw and obviously does in this case :wink:

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #11,164 of 15,268
LOL, I've also got the Zircons and would say that they're about 2% of the X2's. Ymmw and obviously does in this case :wink:

I pulled out my Zircons the other day for a short listening session. I think they are ok for the price. My latest favorite, the un-nameable IEM, blows them away. Never tried the X2, but would love to. Actually, would love to try the X2 and its predecessor the X1.

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #11,165 of 15,268
I pulled out my Zircons the other day for a short listening session. I think they are ok for the price. My latest favorite, the un-nameable IEM, blows them away. Never tried the X2, but would love to. Actually, would love to try the X2 and its predecessor the X1.

Yeah, I know a lot of people like them but I was never impressed with them and maybe they're ok for $10 but I find them pretty mediocre and there's several $15-20 IEM's that I own that I prefer by a large margin. Different strokes for different folks :wink:

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #11,166 of 15,268
I finally jumped on a pair of X2s/00 for the net sum of 149,85$ here in Denmark :D
Been reading a little in this post (no time to read it all before asking a question).
Have seen a lot talk about bad batches etc. of these X2s, but how do I know if my pair is one of the bad ones?.
On the website where i purchased it stated it was x2/00 and seems like it's Woox Innovation which have made this pair.

Coming from a pair of DT990 premium, have used these for the last 3-4 years :)
Was just wondering, as in the start with the X2 they sound kind of muddy, compared to DT990, and I needed to add som EQ to get it a little better, but not quite satisfied yet.
I'm running the X2 and DT990 from an Asus U3 usb amp, source is my desktop.

Any suggestions?.

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #11,167 of 15,268
  I finally jumped on a pair of X2s/00 for the net sum of 149,85$ here in Denmark :D
Been reading a little in this post (no time to read it all before asking a question).
Have seen a lot talk about bad batches etc. of these X2s, but how do I know if my pair is one of the bad ones?.

I want to *believe* they should be of the same sound quality, whatever it's gibson or woox.
That said, just look if the pads are detachable. If you ask me, it was a bad decision to glue them, that something that shouldn't happened in the first place.

Was just wondering, as in the start with the X2 they sound kind of muddy, compared to DT990, and I needed to add som EQ to get it a little better, but not quite satisfied yet.

Probably 2 things, one is your brain need to adapt to the X2. Can take a few days.
The other one can be output impedance. I don't know your Asus U3 amp, but from what I have quickly read, it have a high impedance, so that may be the problem.

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #11,168 of 15,268
On the website where i purchased it stated it was x2/00 and seems like it's Woox Innovation which have made this pair.

Coming from a pair of DT990 premium, have used these for the last 3-4 years :)
I'm running the X2 and DT990 from an Asus U3 usb amp, source is my desktop.

Any suggestions?.

From what I've read brighter headphones might appear more detailed than darker headphones. 
What kind of eq changes did you do?

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #11,169 of 15,268

I want to *believe* they should be of the same sound quality, whatever it's gibson or woox.
That said, just look if the pads are detachable. If you ask me, it was a bad decision to glue them, that something that shouldn't happened in the first place.

Probably 2 things, one is your brain need to adapt to the X2. Can take a few days.
The other one can be output impedance. I don't know your Asus U3 amp, but from what I have quickly read, it have a high impedance, so that may be the problem.

Sounded similar on my LG G5 phone and onboard sound card on my MSI z170 pro carbon, hmm.
I have been looking at an amp before, but can't decide when they're sound for gaming/surround games + music. So not sure if I only need an amp og amp+dac to.

From what I've read brighter headphones might appear more detailed than darker headphones. 
What kind of eq changes did you do?

This is my EQ settings atm, sounds decent I think :)

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #11,170 of 15,268
  Sounded similar on my LG G5 phone and onboard sound card on my MSI z170 pro carbon, hmm.
I have been looking at an amp before, but can't decide when they're sound for gaming/surround games + music. So not sure if I only need an amp og amp+dac to.

This is my EQ settings atm, sounds decent I think :)

So ye, you raised the treble and bass to get closer to that V-shape sound you have in your DT990 :wink: 
I don't know if the DT990 are more/less detailed than the X2 but you seem to prefer that sound signature at least. 

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #11,171 of 15,268
  So ye, you raised the treble and bass to get closer to that V-shape sound you have in your DT990 :wink: 
I don't know if the DT990 are more/less detailed than the X2 but you seem to prefer that sound signature at least. 

Maybe your right :)
Will try and listen to them for some days without any EQ, and see how it goes :wink:

Btw how do I know if the earpads are glued on or not, any guide to take them off without destroying something?.
Afraid of destorying them by using to much force.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #11,172 of 15,268
Give it a good tug. Either they'll go or they won't. The Gibson pads don't require much force.r

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #11,174 of 15,268
What amp do you use on your Fidelio X2? I am currently using it with my Xperia M + Cozoy Aegis setup and I am satisfied on its sound so far.. 
L3000.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #11,175 of 15,268
Nothing special. I use Creative E5 and Fiio's E17. 
You can actually plug the thing in to the new Xbox one controller and use that as a dac/amp. The sound's much cleaner than before with the One S wireless controller. In fact, there's no hiss where the Elite controller does hiss. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back