Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jun 28, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #11,058 of 15,268
  Is there going to be a Fidelio X3 sometime soon?

I've noticed the price has gone from 280$ to 210$ in Sweden the past few months. 
And a few places has stopped selling them. 

This thought had crossed my mind as well.  I decided to grab these phones but noticed they've been out of stock on Amazon proper for a while.  The third party sellers keep changing and are $40+ more than Amazon's average price.  Hmmmm....

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #11,060 of 15,268

This thought had crossed my mind as well.  I decided to grab these phones but noticed they've been out of stock on Amazon proper for a while.  The third party sellers keep changing and are $40+ more than Amazon's average price.  Hmmmm....

Even more places out of stock now.
I think I missed my chance on the lower price.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #11,061 of 15,268
Thanks for your opinion. Do you remember if the treble on the dt990 was more aggressive than the X2?

Definitely, even from the measurements alone :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #11,062 of 15,268
  Quite a collection of headphones you have. I see you have the beyer dt 880 600ohm.For music, which do you prefer:X2 or dt 880's?

Those are 2 complete different animals... smooth vs very clear.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #11,063 of 15,268

Those are 2 complete different animals... smooth vs very clear.

Quite a collection of headphones you have. I see you have the beyer dt 880 600ohm.For music, which do you prefer:X2 or dt 880's?

Agree with ml. I prefer the X2 for all types of popular music. I use DT880 to classic and acoustic.

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #11,064 of 15,268

Agree with ml. I prefer the X2 for all types of popular music. I use DT880 to classic and acoustic.

Definitely, even from the measurements alone
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks all, for the info.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #11,065 of 15,268
Yay finally got my replacement X2's after having some problems with my old set back in November/December (paint peeling off and oily tint leaks that ruined some important papers on my desk. I did not mind the glue at all).

Since a lot of people here are saying that these HP-s get even better with an AMP/DAC, could somebody recommend a decent gadget in the price range of ca 100€. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on an AMP, but would love to hear them via one. :)

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #11,066 of 15,268
Yay finally got my replacement X2's after having some problems with my old set back in November/December (paint peeling off and oily tint leaks that ruined some important papers on my desk. I did not mind the glue at all).

Since a lot of people here are saying that these HP-s get even better with an AMP/DAC, could somebody recommend a decent gadget in the price range of ca 100€. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on an AMP, but would love to hear them via one. :)

hi.the xduoo x3 is a good one.
you xan find it around 70-80 £ in amazon and the extra money remains for micro sd card.

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #11,067 of 15,268

The new Dragonfly (v 1.5) from Audioquest is apparently huge value for money, and is extremely popular already. Was selling for under 100$ US on Amazon. Do check it out.

Cheers

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #11,068 of 15,268
Picked up the Fidelio x2 and I'm loving them for gaming/music. I've been looking into an Amp/DAC setup though it's not needed, I'm still wondering if I can push just a little more out of them. Does anyone have recommendations on what Amps/DACs have a sound signature that compliments the x2s? 

On a side note, I've run into issues with my Fidelio x2s + VModa BoomPro combo with Amp/DACs - currently using the FiiO e10k, however I get static whenever I plug the microphone port in due to it causing a ground loop - those who run this combo, how do you avoid a ground loop while using an Amp/DAC setup with the BoomPro?

I've looked into ground loop isolators like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019393MV2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, however from my experience with this setup (MoBo > USB cable > FiiO e10k > Ground Loop Isolator on headphone in > VModaBoomPro Cable (Headphone side) > Fidelio x2s // and VModaBoomPro Cable (Microphone side) into the headphone jack of my MoBo.

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #11,069 of 15,268
Long time browser, first time poster.

Received mine few days ago. Coming from the DT770 80ohm, man these just seem like they're in a higher level league! (At least for me)

Anyways, I wanted to ask you guys a question, I have browsed this forum extensively, used the search function but couldn't find a concrete answer. Like some of you, the x2's inner elastic driver cover fabric flaps around every time the lows hit, and it touches my ear.

This is driving me a little nuts! I don't have huge ears either as far as I can tell. I am contemplating getting either the HM5 or the 940 replacement pads, but first I was thinking of just cutting out this fabric protector thing...

Question is, is this safe to do? Will the sound/driver be affected negatively by doing so? These headphones are 100% of the time inside, in my office so no serious dust/debris would get in.

Thanks for your inputs!
And thanks so much for this beautiful wealth of knowledge I've learned on these boards ! ! !

Lukas

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #11,070 of 15,268
Long time browser, first time poster.

Received mine few days ago. Coming from the DT770 80ohm, man these just seem like they're in a higher level league! (At least for me)

Anyways, I wanted to ask you guys a question, I have browsed this forum extensively, used the search function but couldn't find a concrete answer. Like some of you, the x2's inner elastic driver cover fabric flaps around every time the lows hit, and it touches my ear.

This is driving me a little nuts! I don't have huge ears either as far as I can tell. I am contemplating getting either the HM5 or the 940 replacement pads, but first I was thinking of just cutting out this fabric protector thing...

Question is, is this safe to do? Will the sound/driver be affected negatively by doing so? These headphones are 100% of the time inside, in my office so no serious dust/debris would get in.

Thanks for your inputs!
And thanks so much for this beautiful wealth of knowledge I've learned on these boards ! ! !

Lukas

Hi Lukas.
Cutting out the protective mesh won't affect the drivers but the sound might slightly change with the cloth removed.
I also recommend the Bass pads (aka old Woox pads) unless you already have them. Ebay phillips x2 padsand see how you like them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back