Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 14, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #9,886 of 15,268
  Hi guys.....i recently bought philips fidelio x2 during Amazon deal....these are the best headphones i ever had chance to listen.......the bass and sound stage is simply amazing on these headphones........Which amp you guys would recommend most with this headphone as i am currently using laptop amp and dac with them....

I have used fiio e17k alpen 2 amp/dac combo which is big improvement over laptop dac/amp. Check that combo and it is very cheap.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #9,887 of 15,268
  Hi guys.....i recently bought philips fidelio x2 during Amazon deal....these are the best headphones i ever had chance to listen.......the bass and sound stage is simply amazing on these headphones........Which amp you guys would recommend most with this headphone as i am currently using laptop amp and dac with them....

Before I bought Chord Mojo I never thought, X2s can sound this transparent, balanced and detailed. I very much recommend it.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #9,889 of 15,268
Were the X2's ever compared to Denons D-5000 

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #9,890 of 15,268
So i thought there was better sq up the money chain so bought the amazing Final Sonorous VI to my ears X2's are so close that I've decided I'm done endgame game over:)to my cooper ears it doesn't get much better, amazing headphones!

Well congratulations to you, my friend. I too hope to reach that 'Game Over' moment soon! I have liked the HE400i fed through the iFi iCan desktop amp, which I'd rate slightly ahead in terms of sound preference than the X2. But I've also heard a lot of good about the Final Audio models. Now I get their brand name too :wink:

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #9,891 of 15,268
Thanks! & that's funny you mentioned that i said the same to my wife how my final headphones would be called final audio. Well final for now i guess :wink: they are great and don't hear much about them vi's)heard alot of great things about 400i also!

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #9,892 of 15,268
Here is something unusual happened with me.....when i bought the fidelio x2, this whole glue thing started and people started panicking, returned their x2's and bought from other stores. I too received the glue model and Amazon sent me new pair again. The second pair also turned out to be glued model so i filed complaint against Amazon for sending me glued model. Amazon offered me refund of 50% and told me to keep both headphones. Later i came to know both headphones had just cosmetic defects and are sound wise fine. I wonder did anyone get this much discount....i mean 2 fidelio x2's for $100 which is pretty good deal i think

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #9,897 of 15,268
this amp looks like solid option for me now....cheap and it has good reviews....i will definitely look for this amp....thanks

If you're going to use it with a computer the DACport Slim is also an excellent pairing with the x2's.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #9,898 of 15,268
Here's my extended review of the X2's:

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fu5Y_skuYWI[/VIDEO]

I didn't find problems with the build quality of this Woox-made pair. Includes comparisons to Denon D2000 and Senn HD600.

Enjoy!

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #9,900 of 15,268
  how does the dt990s and the AKG K7XX compair to the x2

I own the K7XX and X2. To put it simply, the AKG are drier, thinner, more analytical and more suited to genres like orchestral/jazz/acoustic stuff. X2 are the more exciting/engaging headphones with a lot more bass.

Build quality of both is good - K7XX is much lighter but there's no creaking with my pair or anything. Drivers sit closer to your ear, would prefer the pads to be a little thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back