Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 14, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #9,392 of 15,268
Looks nice but damn is that the glue stains I see in the bottom pic? How did crap like that get through? Were the people making them drunk??

And ya I got my 650 from amazon few weeks ago but thinking of returning for the x2 cus they look so sexy and I like the metal build, too much plastic in too many things.

Yup. In person, the glue does not look that bad. It's just that the light reflections revealed that nasty looking glues.

It is not even visible when I try to look for it. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #9,393 of 15,268
  Finally got my Philips Fidelio X2 yesterday. Ordered this last December when it was on sale. Had to use a forwarding company to have it shipped here in the Philippines.

So far, everything's good! No channel imbalance (not that I can notice), no funny/toxic smell coming from the headphone, the pads looks good (except for those nasty glues).

Tried a couple of my favorite songs and I was immediately impressed by the sound quality! Man, this was made for Pop, R&B, and EDM! Good thing I was listening to those genres the past couple of weeks. :p

Literally plug and play. Out of the box it sounds great already.

As for the power (my normal listening volume), it's already on maximum volume on my iPhone 6. On my Galaxy S4, it's 2 steps before maximum volume. Haven't tried with my Clip Zip yet. :p

I seriously need some hard case for this.

Try leaving them on a desk with a white sheet of paper underneath for 24h. I am just curious whether the pads bleed ink.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #9,396 of 15,268
X2 has deeper, higher quality bass, wider soundstage, better imaging and more detail than HD650. They're more fun and engaging headphone. Tonality-wise they're pretty similar.

Nailed it! Close to Grado for rock guitar with no fatigue issues. Slight etching and a teensy amount of sibilance in the upper range for some recordings.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #9,397 of 15,268
also do they have a nice warm sound to them? i dont like when headphones have a very sharp highs to them that makes it hurt my ears  :frowning2: also i notice x2 has that band thing int he middle, does that get uncomfrotable? i hear those get uncomfortable usually when headphones have them.

The highs aren't painful or harsh but they are 'etched'. This headphone is 10x more engaging than HD650.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #9,398 of 15,268
  also do they have a nice warm sound to them? i dont like when headphones have a very sharp highs to them that makes it hurt my ears  :frowning2: also i notice x2 has that band thing int he middle, does that get uncomfrotable? i hear those get uncomfortable usually when headphones have them.

The band in the middle is actually very comfortable.  If you have a big head, they really torque the cups down pretty hard against your head, though.  They're also in the running for some of the hottest cups I've worn.  Your ears do not get to breath in the slightest.  As the pads break in, I'm sure this will change a bit...how much, I'm not sure.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #9,399 of 15,268
Nailed it! Close to Grado for rock guitar with no fatigue issues. Slight etching and a teensy amount of sibilance in the upper range for some recordings.

Disagree about the fatiguing part.  These headphones are fairly fatiguing to me.  But I would compare them to Grados before other headphones, they sound closer to that colored Grado sound than anything else.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #9,400 of 15,268
Looks nice but damn is that the glue stains I see in the bottom pic? How did crap like that get through? Were the people making them drunk??

And ya I got my 650 from amazon few weeks ago but thinking of returning for the x2 cus they look so sexy and I like the metal build, too much plastic in too many things.

If you bought from Amazon few weeks ago, you might have extended return window till the end of January. Check with them.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #9,402 of 15,268
IMHO the SR325is and the X2's are very different sounding but obviously YMMV
wink.gif

I have to agree.

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #9,404 of 15,268
I have the 325e now, and had the X2 but returned them last month.  The 325e definitely brings you closer to the music, and is a lot clearer than the X2, like being on stage with the band as opposed to a row high up in the concert all.  I can see the appeal of keeping the X2 though for the deeper bass and bigger soundstage.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back