Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 15, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #7,381 of 15,268
Well you know all about YMMV and stuff but I believe you're also quite familiar with my taste by now and though I can enjoy headphones/IEM's without a particular wide soundstage (although I prefer a wide one) the depth is really even more important to me.

Thank you, Peter. Yeah, I trust your impression.
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #7,382 of 15,268
  Yulong D100II and lovely cube. But must say that HD 600 get larger sound stage on my Little dot MKIV, but X2 is not good pair so cant really do fair comparison on that. X2 is still better even vs HD 600 on tube amp.

No, no. It's not fair to compare X2 and 600 on the same setup. Their impedience says NO! Yoou can only compare a fully drived 600 and fully drived X2 from different equipments.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #7,383 of 15,268

For sure, not saying they suck, just think it would be better to get some dedicated equipment, non portable stuff since I don't really need it I guess?

Thanks for the info on the setup, I saw a "LinusTechTips" Video saying that the Magni plugs into the wall with a regular "Wallwart," except it's AC, so he claimed it would be hard to find a replacement?

That's cool, they seem like good products, but not sure if there's something I should invest in for the long run.

One thing about me, which is why I asked a lot of questions yesterday, is that I don't like to buy one thing, then buiy another thing later on.  I want to buy the best I can, when I can, and have it last me a very long time.   Granted things do go down, new products come out, etc, etc, but I like to make sure my "investment" is a good and long one
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm really interested in tubes, I hear the Amperex 7803 is "magical."

Not sure if its' worth it to invest in stuff like that for these HPs though...?
smily_headphones1.gif

My wife and my wallet hate this website:D

Not married, my money.... ahhh freedom.. :)

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #7,385 of 15,268
Okay, I'm sold on these. For $200, they are beyond a steal. I'm listening to "Why D'ya Do It" by Marianne Faithfull, which is a nervy, grungy (in tone, not the musical style) track, and the X2 is absolutely bringing it to life. These are the new headphones to beat for me so far.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #7,386 of 15,268

But yeah... my wallet isn't liking me right now either....  Spent 800$ in the last few weeks :p.

Except... no nagging! :)... 

Okay, I'm sold on these. For $200, they are beyond a steal. I'm listening to "Why D'ya Do It" by Marianne Faithfull, which is a nervy, grungy (in tone, not the musical style) track, and the X2 is absolutely bringing it to life. These are the new headphones to beat for me so far.

I want mine already :frowning2:. How does it sound without any amp/dac?

Maybe I should have bought 2 :pPPP

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #7,387 of 15,268
  But yeah... my wallet isn't liking me right now either....  Spent 800$ in the last few weeks :p.

Except... no nagging! :)... 

Wow! I really regret I didn't know this website and didn't have such hobby when I was single.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #7,388 of 15,268

It sounds surprisingly good, not as detailed or loud obviously, but the bass is there and the sound signature is noticeable. You might be okay without an amp for a while, but you'll probably be driving it at louder volumes because of the lower amplification.

This is on a Macbook Air, by the way. I know Apple tends to put use decent (not great, just decent) audio components on their devices, so YMMV with that.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #7,389 of 15,268

Wow! I really regret I didn't know this website and didn't have such hobby when I was single.
biggrin.gif

I don't plan on "putting a ring on it," so I wont have to worry about such burdens in the future either :).

It's amazing all these sites we find and we think "IF I ONLY HAD THIS THEN...." :)

I'm also new into this hobby, so I don't have a lot invested... yet :)

It sounds surprisingly good, not as detailed or loud obviously, but the bass is there and the sound signature is noticeable. You might be okay without an amp for a while, but you'll probably be driving it at louder volumes because of the lower amplification.

This is on a Macbook Air, by the way. I know Apple tends to put use decent (not great, just decent) audio components on their devices, so YMMV with that.

Thanks for the information.  Right now I have a Dell XPS 17 laptop, with 3 inputs, so not too sure how good the audio quality is overall.  It uses a Realtek driver as well (which I guess they all do)?

I would like to get this computer built soon, and testing these HPs...

Will playing these without good equipment hurt the headphones at all?

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #7,393 of 15,268
Hey guys, I just sprung on these headphones and wondered if anyone could compare these with the Magni 2 and Vali 2. Was probably going to go with Magni but tubes seem interesting and a second opinion wouldn't hurt.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #7,394 of 15,268
By the way, I see why people were complaining about the microphonics on the cable. Dreadful, but also inaudible while music playing, so not a dealbreaker. The cable seems high quality otherwise.

I love the V-Moda cable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back