Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 14, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #7,216 of 15,268
  Amazon has same-day shipping on some items in many areas for Prime subscribers if you order before a certain cutoff time (something like noon local time I think).

Their drone shipping?  hehe.  Ah I see.  I chose the free shipping so hopefully before Christmas, but it no matter.  I have the whole week after Christmas off to soak them in.

I'm just a few minute drive from their headquarters.  I should drive over and pick them up huh.  LOL

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #7,217 of 15,268
Damn, Amazon wrecks you for Tax....  25$ on a 400$ order....  another 25$ for shipping...

Quote:

Their drone shipping?  hehe.  Ah I see.  I chose the free shipping so hopefully before Christmas, but it no matter.  I have the whole week after Christmas off to soak them in.

EDIT:  I'm just a few minute drive from their headquarters.  I should drive over and pick them up huh.  LOL

Na it's some guy on a Bicycle...

EDIT:  Except everything is in their Warehouses.... :p:p:p:p

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #7,221 of 15,268
I'm curious about Tyll's comments on this, compared to what people were saying about Planars.

it doesn't have quite the bass extension and tight punch of the very best planar magnetic cans, and the treble can sound a bit gritty at times, but in this class and price range I think it tops the charts.

Is that what people were talking about with the Planars and the style of music I listen to?  I didn't really mention it, but I'm not a basshead at all, I just like good bass, but not tons of it.

Also, he mentions "gritty" or "Grainy" earlier in the review, so I'm curious if people notice this.  He said "Grainy Treble" but not sure if that's the same as "Gritty?"

Thoughts?

Thanks, cant wait to get them :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #7,222 of 15,268
Grainy treble is something I haven't really noticed. Also, if you're only looking for a best quality bass, then planars are really good. They're truly amazing with EDM. But if you're looking for a great package overall, for a variety of genres - X2 is better.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #7,225 of 15,268
  Grainy treble is something I haven't really noticed. Also, if you're only looking for a best quality bass, then planars are really good. They're truly amazing with EDM. But if you're looking for a great package overall, for a variety of genres - X2 is better.

Thanks for the info on the treble.

So the Planars are just really good with bass...?  I forgot to mention my likes for bass, so I guess since people classified it as EDM, they mentioned Planars then?  Wasn't very clear in the communication what was good or not.

Would the sound overall, besides the bass, be better on a Planar?

I listen to a lot of things.  Eurobeat encompasses about 30 years of Music.

VGM (Video Game Music), not only encompasses 30+ years of gaming titles, but it's created to fit a theme, so it varies to the extremes.  I'm a big fan of remixed old-school games.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #7,226 of 15,268
Quote:

Thanks for the info on the treble.

So the Planars are just really good with bass...?  I forgot to mention my likes for bass, so I guess since people classified it as EDM, they mentioned Planars then?  Wasn't very clear in the communication what was good or not.

Would the sound overall, besides the bass, be better on a Planar?

I listen to a lot of things.  Eurobeat encompasses about 30 years of Music.

VGM (Video Game Music), not only encompasses 30+ years of gaming titles, but it's created to fit a theme, so it varies to the extremes.  I'm a big fan of remixed old-school games.

Yes, planars tend to be better at resolving bass. That being said, that doesn't mean the X2 is BAD with bass, just that planars tend to particularly excel in that area. It's a matter of degree.

Did you place an order yet? :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #7,227 of 15,268
just ordered mine from Amazon - these werent even on my radar. the reviews - hopefully not fan boys - sold me. I was inches from pulling the trigger on HE400s or grado sr325e - hope my wallet steered me right

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #7,228 of 15,268
I do notice a bit of grain at the top end, and because of the U-shaped sound profile, that grain can wear on some especially during longer sessions. But it's really minor when looking at the overall sound and industrial design, which is so stellar that I can't see myself replacing them unless the X3 blows it out of the water. 

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #7,229 of 15,268
  Quote:

Yes, planars tend to be better at resolving bass. That being said, that doesn't mean the X2 is BAD with bass, just that planars tend to particularly excel in that area. It's a matter of degree.

Did you place an order yet? :)

Oh okay on the bass, that's the least important thing for me lol!  Good bass is nice, but I need the music to be amazing.  I like the melody.

Not yet, I'm waiting on a comment for a breadboard...  Maybe I'll order that at a later date....  

Anyone know anythinga bout breadboards? :p

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #7,230 of 15,268
I just got the O2 amp and it pairs well with the X2. It's a powerful little thing - I barely have the volume dial up to listen at acceptable levels.

I had the Valli but not with the X2. I had the hd598 at the time. Nice little amp too but a bit too noisy and sensitive for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back