Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #5,431 of 15,268
  So due to some issues with my X1 (audio jack is messed up leading to a sometimes dead left side) I was looking into getting a backup while my X1 is gone. As someone who loves the X1 and how it fits (it may even be a little big after 2 years) would going to an X2 be something to do? I love the X1 and how it sounds (I am a complete noob) and it's comfort and need something to tide me over for the next month or so. 

Does this version also have the issue with the audio jack being weak?

The audio jack has been improved with the X2. The cable (lower resistance), the headband (larger) and the earpads (removable), too.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #5,435 of 15,268
Hi, all!

I had the X1's, but couldn't make them work with my huge noggin. I loved the sound, though. Just picked up the cheap X2's from Amazon on that lightning deal, and MAN - I love them. All the problems have been fixed. Better bass, IMO, more comfy for the bigger-headed person, etc.

I did try replacing the pads with the Brainwavz HM5 pleathers, and they worked fine. You have to cut a little hole for the input and that's it. Fitting them on just takes a little patience. The sound is bassier, but not bad at all. I know Philips left us in a lurch without replacement pads, but these work fine, and I bet the velour versions would sound even closer to the original.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #5,436 of 15,268
Hi, all!

I had the X1's, but couldn't make them work with my huge noggin. I loved the sound, though. Just picked up the cheap X2's from Amazon on that lightning deal, and MAN - I love them. All the problems have been fixed. Better bass, IMO, more comfy for the bigger-headed person, etc.

I did try replacing the pads with the Brainwavz HM5 pleathers, and they worked fine. You have to cut a little hole for the input and that's it. Fitting them on just takes a little patience. The sound is bassier, but not bad at all. I know Philips left us in a lurch without replacement pads, but these work fine, and I bet the velour versions would sound even closer to the original.

There are pads for it with the original design available on ebay.  Not sure that's it's philips making them tho,  but probably the same factory atleast. 

Just got my bass plus cushions today,  they are designed exactly like the original pads but the foam is abit softer on the bass plus vs the originals and i feel the velour is abit thicker (longer hair) than the original.  Other than that they are exactly like the originals.   I feel that they improved the comfort.  

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #5,438 of 15,268
  There are pads for it with the original design available on ebay.  Not sure that's it's philips making them tho,  but probably the same factory atleast. 

Just got my bass plus cushions today,  they are designed exactly like the original pads but the foam is abit softer on the bass plus vs the originals and i feel the velour is abit thicker (longer hair) than the original.  Other than that they are exactly like the originals.   I feel that they improved the comfort.  

How do they affect the sound?

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #5,439 of 15,268

Received my "Bass Plus" pads I bought from eBay. They appear to possibly be made by the same company as the stock pads. The silk screened writing looks identical to stock. Overall looks identical to stock. Only difference I can find is the density of the foam. The "bass plus" foam is softer.
First listen actually sounds like there is more bass. Imaging that. For less than $30 we have a great, easy to work solution for replacement pads.

In the pics I have both stock and replacement pads next to each other for comparison.

FYI:I used the standard free shipping and it was delivered from China in 7 days.

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #5,440 of 15,268
And most importantly, do they bleed ink on paper ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #5,442 of 15,268
  Didn't someone say a while back that Philips acknowledged that some ink bleed is normal for black velour pads and that they will be selling grey replacement pads that don't bleed ink?

Yes they did, but I'm still waiting.

(And no, I don't think it's normal for a HP to bleed if I put it on important papers. But yeah, it's might be legal and not dangerous.)

And since I'm tired a waiting, a pad replacement without bleed would be nice. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #5,443 of 15,268
I will set both stock and BP pads on a paper overnight and check in the morning. It won't be an important paper though, just a regular one.

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #5,444 of 15,268
Wowwwww a bit of ink comes of the pads..who cares seriously. We eat more crap in lives and breathe in god knows how many chemicals but people kick up a fuss over a little bit of ink coming off...seriously.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #5,445 of 15,268
Wowwwww a bit of ink comes of the pads..who cares seriously. We eat more crap in lives and breathe in god knows how many chemicals but people kick up a fuss over a little bit of ink coming off...seriously.

Please don't start that again...

"Who cares" ? I do. Maybe you like having purple spots in your room, I don't.
I ruined papers because of this. So yeah, it concern me. Some people even did some bizarre face when they saw the purple ink bleed, and that concern me more than the hp itself. (If you like that your new gf think you are dirty as **** because you forget to remove the purple that bleed continuously, good for you).

I don't have a headphone stand, and I continuously switch papers because they are dirty, every couple of DAYS.

I can't use them in my bed, because they would bleed on my pillow.

So yeah, be sarcastic.

Anyway, it will be my last answer about this issue, I'm tired to talk about it.

I will set both stock and BP pads on a paper overnight and check in the morning. It won't be an important paper though, just a regular one.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back