Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #5,221 of 15,268
My big ears reflect a lot of treble, so the Q701's treble forwardness sounds pretty natural to me. Hmm..do you think the 8khz recession is part of what makes the X2 sound more natural?

I think that the overall fuller sound makes them more natural sounding .

Don't get me wrong , I really like the Q's but to me the the X2's are superior.

I also disagree with a lot of users here that lack of bass equals neutral (or natural) sound. I'm definitely not a basshead but I find bass to be a natural part of the frequency spectra just in the same way as the other parts. A lot of users here seem to think differently. Ymmv :wink:

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #5,222 of 15,268
I think that the overall fuller sound makes them more natural sounding .

Don't get me wrong , I really like the Q's but to me the the X2's are superior.

I also disagree with a lot of users here that lack of bass equals neutral (or natural) sound. I'm definitely not a basshead but I find bass to be a natural part of the frequency spectra just in the same way as the other parts. A lot of users here seem to think differently. Ymmv
wink.gif

I for one, do not think lack of bass equals natural sound. The bass on the X2 is slightly empathized and affects the mid and upper bass just slightly so in that sense it is not neutral. Vocals are not as clear as they can be on the X2 due to this. My opinion of course.

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #5,223 of 15,268
I for one, do not think lack of bass equals natural sound. The bass on the X2 is slightly empathized and affects the mid and upper bass just slightly so in that sense it is not neutral. Vocals are not as clear as they can be on the X2 due to this. My opinion of course.

I wasn't talking about you specifically but in more general terms and I do understand what you mean but for my preference the slightly empathized mid bass on the X2's is less of a problem than the slightly lacking one on the Q's. Different strokes for different folks :)

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #5,224 of 15,268
I wasn't talking about you specifically but in more general terms and I do understand what you mean but for my preference the slightly empathized mid bass on the X2's is less of a problem than the slightly lacking one on the Q's. Different strokes for different folks
smily_headphones1.gif

I get that. Sound is very subjective. Different strokes for different folks!

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #5,225 of 15,268
I get that. Sound is very subjective. Different strokes for different folks!

Yes it is and that's also a part of what makes this hobby so interesting.

Anyway, I hope that you find what you're looking for with the K712 :)

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #5,226 of 15,268
Yes it is and that's also a part of what makes this hobby so interesting.

Anyway, I hope that you find what you're looking for with the K712
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I hope so too. I have the DT-880 pro 250 ohms and the Senn HD598 on the way too. Tey will be here in a few days. I need to sell or return some of my gears before buying the K172 and possibly HD600. I will not rest until I get my perfect movie headphone for under $300.00 :) I use only IEMs for music as I listen to music only on the go.

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #5,229 of 15,268
I just upgraded from Matrix M-Stage HPA2 to JDS Element. I heard exactly what he stated. Bass seems to be tighter/better controlled. Mids seemed to have improved also.

M-Stage impedance: 10 ohms
Element impedance: 0.1 ohms

Yap. Indeed is true. I was checking on my Magni2u, on High Gain, bass is emphasized but the hp volume feels too loud. 

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #5,230 of 15,268
  There has been a couple of comparisons, but the 400s is still so new.  I'm waiting myself for some more in depth comparisons between the 400s, X2 and HD650.  

I can help on the X2 and HD650 part, not so much with the 400(x).  I do have the HE-500 however.  Let me know some of your musical tastes and I can compare them.  I have a pretty decent music collection (>100K songs) so I should be able to find something in your wheelhouse.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #5,231 of 15,268
I think I need a new DAC/Amp. Sold my soundcard and am using a Focusrite 2i2 to drive these. Never had or heard a standalone amp/dac. May grab a mayflower or jds o2dac amp combo or schiit stack. Can't decide.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #5,232 of 15,268
The Q701's may or may not be more neutral but I find the X2's to sound more natural (and more enjoyable) to my ears .

Same here, it's been awhile I listened to my Q701 since I got my X2

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #5,233 of 15,268
This is terrible.My gear is not right compatible with my X2, because of X2`s low impedance.Any ideas?Are there any DAC\amps or combos, that are not too expensive?

Jul 15, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #5,235 of 15,268
I am really teased for getting a K7XX on Massdrop. Do you guys think that would be a nice purchase having in mind that I want more soundstage and mids. I heard that it sound a maybe too much analytical. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back