Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #5,241 of 15,268
The X2 is the only headphone that I paid full, non-sale, street price.  I have absolutely no regrets, $229 is a steal.

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #5,243 of 15,268

I got one. I was looking for a deal on HD700 or X2. Hope it's all it's said to be! Should be here by the end of the week.

mass dropp has hd700 below $500 free shipping right now... was eyeing that one myself.

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #5,245 of 15,268
I know a lot of you were looking for a deal on these - they are part of Amazon's Prime Day for only $229.99. That is a savings of $70! http://bit.ly/FidelioX2Primedays Snatch them up quick bc they are 65% sold thru inventory.
happy_face1.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #5,246 of 15,268
I know a lot of you were looking for a deal on these - t[COLOR=141823]hey are part of Amazon's Prime Day for only $229.99. That is a savings of $70! [/COLOR][COLOR=3B5998]http://bit.ly/FidelioX2Primedays[/COLOR][COLOR=141823] Snatch them up quick bc they are 65% sold thru inventory.[/COLOR]:happy_face1:

Yes, that is what we were just discussing. Certainly a good deal.

97% claimed!

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #5,248 of 15,268
Got my HE400S yesterday. Spending some time with it today.

Some initial impressions compared to my X2:

Bass extension is slightly better. Lowest registers are a little more defined than the X2. Somehow I'm getting the feeling that the quality of bass is *marginally* improved over the X2. The X2 in comparison has a little more of a midbass hump - not a bad thing really, one that gives it a little more of that fun toe tapping factor. Honestly I like both, but I'm more of a subbass than midbass person so I prefer the 400S very slightly over the X2. The 400S gives me a bit more texture at the bottom end though.

Midrange is a close competition. I personally don't find the X2's mids lacking - although some may argue that the FR of the X2 is slightly U shaped. The 400S is smoother and more intimate. I find it slightly more immersive. I would argue that vocals are a little more technically superior on the 400S than the X2 to my ears so I'd give my nod to the 400S. That being said, the X2 comes close but just not as detailed.

Treble - Definitely the crown goes to the 400S. Much smoother and sparkly *enough* for my tastes without being fatiguing. On my X2s there is a slight hint of grain, and it gets the littlest bit harsh on certain treble heavy tracks. Not so with the 400S. After running it for a couple of hours whatever little edginess it had when I first put it on is gone. Very good for long listening hours. 

Soundstage goes to the X2s. Wider with more air. The 400S is slightly more intimate but with a smoother/laid back signature. I would imagine preferring both for different songs.

I never liked the HD650 and always preferred the HD600 over its elder brother. Just wanted to note that from my memory the HE400S - to me and my ears at least - is superior to the HD650 for a few reasons:
I think the 400S has better extension both ways, with a more engaging midrange. I always found the HD650 veiled, possibly because of a treble response that is too laid back and rolled off. I can see where the 400S sig is reminiscent of the 650 in its smooth, non fatiguing signature, but to me the 400S is technically superior with better extension at both ends and more seductive mids. YMMV.

Just read it in the HE400s thread.

I'm owning a X2 for 2 weeks and my brother has HD650. We did a comparison on his PC with sound card Asus Xonar Essence ST. The HD650 plug in 6.5mm port and the X2 plug in the RCA port with a RCA->3.5mm cable.
Bass: The X2 has sub-bass which make the song fuller while the HD650 didn't. The bass on X2 has better detail than the HD650.
Mid:The HD650 has better texture, especially female vocal is very good while the X2 slightly muddy compare to the HD650.
Treble: HD650 has smooth treble, while X2 is a little harsh.
Soundstage: Definitely X2, better overall feeling and more micro detail, the song is fuller and liver, the HD650 just at acceptable level.
The X2 has a fun, slightly warm sound while the HD650 is smooth and laid-back, also darker.
So after all, i prefer go for the X2 (hope my X2 will be better after more burn-in time), the X2 perform better with complex songs, electronica, dance,...while it still good with acoustic songs. Meanwhile HD650 is beautiful with acoustics tracks, magical female vocal,...but bad with the need-space-tracks.

I'm just at entry level, this is just my humble opinion, and sorry for my bad English. :D
And i'm planning to get a new DAC/Headamp while my Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 sound card make me feel a little upset while comparing to the Asus Xonar Essence ST. Is the Audio GD NFB11 is good choice? (I don't like NFB15 cause i heard people said it's super warm while i prefer neutral/slight warm and detail). And i need a RCA output with output switch because i also using a monitor speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back