Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #4,201 of 15,268
Just discovered my pads leak out ink just gave them a wash with some liquid detergent. now letting them dry. Are the x2 pads replaceable with the hm5 or something because of those little things once you take off the pads look like they could eventually go through the pads.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #4,202 of 15,268
Washed mine out as well, however they're a new pair and no ink bleed was occuring since they didn't accumulate the oils of my skin. Hopefully this can set in the ink and harden it so they won't bleed, and get off the itchy excess flakes. We'll see how this goes. Baking in the cloudy shadows of the sun with a breeze.

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #4,203 of 15,268
That's up to the individual. I personally would either return the phones or if too late, file a warranty claim with Philips. It sounds like they ARE aware and have corrected the problem, at least in some cases. I had a slight interest in these at one point, but went in a different direction, not due to this issue. But leaving dyes and stains on me or on my things would have made me lose interest. For lots of other people, they may find it acceptable. I don't, for several reasons. For those that don't mind it, that's fine.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #4,204 of 15,268
That's up to the individual. I personally would either return the phones or if too late, file a warranty claim with Philips. It sounds like they ARE aware and have corrected the problem, at least in some cases. I had a slight interest in these at one point, but went in a different direction, not due to this issue. But leaving dyes and stains on me or on my things would have made me lose interest. For lots of other people, they may find it acceptable. I don't, for several reasons. For those that don't mind it, that's fine.

Personally I disagree with returning products willy nilly especially when people buy a bunch of headphones to trial only intending on keeping one and returning the others. However, although this habit probably keeps prices higher than they need to be as retailers have to factor return costs into pricing it has resulted in me getting some amazing deals on as new returned products which other than open box have no faults whatsoever. Therefore, I feel conflicted on the whole issue.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #4,205 of 15,268
Personally I disagree with returning products willy nilly especially when people buy a bunch of headphones to trial only intending on keeping one and returning the others. However, although this habit probably keeps prices higher than they need to be as retailers have to factor return costs into pricing it has resulted in me getting some amazing deals on as new returned products which other than open box have no faults whatsoever. Therefore, I feel conflicted on the whole issue.

Some headphones are impossible to audition (X2 being one of them), so I wouldn't say it's wrong at all.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #4,206 of 15,268
popcorn.gif
 Let me know when you guys sort this all out.....

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #4,207 of 15,268
Some headphones are impossible to audition (X2 being one of them), so I wouldn't say it's wrong at all.

Personally my purchasing strategy is to buy used. Not only do you get a better deal but if you don't like the headphones you can simply resell them at no loss. Personally I feel this is a more ethical approach to buying despite most of my used purchases probably coming from people returning them.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #4,208 of 15,268
Personally my purchasing strategy is to buy used. Not only do you get a better deal but if you don't like the headphones you can simply resell them at no loss. Personally I feel this is a more ethical approach to buying despite most of my used purchases probably coming from people returning them.

Recently I wanted to get a closed can and I ordered both MDR-1A and Cal!2. They both sounded horribly (I was already used to the X2) and I sent them back. Someone probably bought them with a nice discount. Nobody got hurt (maybe Sony, Creative and Amazon, but oh well I won't be feeling bad for them).

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #4,209 of 15,268
Ah, things come back full circle. The great anxiety of head fiers who blow everything completely out of proportion. They worry about ink blots, but smoke, drink alcohol, consume questionable foods, drive toxic producing vehicles, dose themselves with daily radiation from their millions of electronics, and all other manner of harmful things. But hey....ink blots, lets freak out about that. THAT is what kills you.

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #4,210 of 15,268
Recently I wanted to get a closed can and I ordered both MDR-1A and Cal!2. They both sounded horribly (I was already used to the X2) and I sent them back. Someone probably bought them with a nice discount. Nobody got hurt (maybe Sony, Creative and Amazon, but oh well I won't be feeling bad for them).

Personally I don't feel sorry for Amazon when their tax avoidance in the UK would go someway to paying for the deficit in the welfare state. However, its short sighted to think that this kind of behaviour does not affect you, the consumer. How do you think these companies will recoup their losses? By selling at inflated prices thats how. So in the long run you (and others) pay more. Just saying

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #4,211 of 15,268
I don't give a damn about a little dye bleeding. But it screwed up my desk, and that does piss me off.
I'm waiting for their response. Apparently something went wrong with the email I send that included pictures. Resend it a couple of days ago, so should hear something shortly. I hope they send me some new pads or a new pair, although I'm very happy with mine. (aside from the pads)

Might try the rinsing in water solution that D-TECH suggested. Although I'll first want to hear their solution.

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #4,213 of 15,268
Ah, things come back full circle. The great anxiety of head fiers who blow everything completely out of proportion. They worry about ink blots, but smoke, drink alcohol, consume questionable foods, drive toxic producing vehicles, dose themselves with daily radiation from their millions of electronics, and all other manner of harmful things. But hey....ink blots, lets freak out about that. THAT is what kills you.

I'd rather worry about dye leaking from pads onto my skin than worry about cables improving the bass and treble of a headphone

But that's just me.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #4,214 of 15,268
Anyone here own both these and AKG 712's? I'm trying to narrow down my options. I don't have access to either so I'm going off of user reviews. I want to replace my DT990's. I am glad washing them out seems to do the trick.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #4,215 of 15,268
Since I have the X1 without (easily) removable pads, I'm going to try to soak out the dye. I've wrapped my omega stand with inkjet paper and I'll leave it there for 48 hours, then switch the paper leave for another 48 hours etc. Obviously this won't remove the ink from the sides but at least remove it from where the pads contact my skin. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back