Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 31, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #2,762 of 15,268
What exactly is graininess in the highs? Someone explain that to me.

if you cant hear it thats good. it doesnt matter....just enjoy your cans and leave this forum. its full of people who overanalyze and endlessly buy pieces of gear with minute differences between each one. my theory is that the large majority here have limited knowledge of music and or are certainly not musicians themselves.......so being obsessed with headphone attributes...many of which overexaggerated or borderline fake....is their way of taking an "active" role in the music they listen to.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #2,763 of 15,268
I'm a bass player. X2 for me is just like a nice speaker. All the things that I want to hear are there and there's also definition for everything. It's clear. Nothing sound bloated.

It's way different from the dt880 I've tried once. X2 it's a full body with a nice low end.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #2,764 of 15,268
if you cant hear it thats good. it doesnt matter....just enjoy your cans and leave this forum. its full of people who overanalyze and endlessly buy pieces of gear with minute differences between each one. my theory is that the large majority here have limited knowledge of music and or are certainly not musicians themselves.......so being obsessed with headphone attributes...many of which overexaggerated or borderline fake....is their way of taking an "active" role in the music they listen to.

I agree with some of this, but being a musician is irrelevant, unless the discussion is about pro audio, which it is not.

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,765 of 15,268
From the Head-Fi describing sound glossary:

Grainy - A slightly raw, exposed sound which lacks finesse. Not liquid or fluid.

If this is the definition of "grainy", then to my ears the Sennheiser HD 600 has a more grainy sounding treble than my X2.
On most music I actually prefer the treble of my X2 to the HD600, plus I find the small peak around 3.5 khz/4 khz somewhat annoying on the HD 600.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #2,766 of 15,268
I don't have any issue with the x2 treble. I appreciate the improved extension that it offers over my hd650. I do prefer the mids slightly on my 650 though. But I continue to be more impressed with the x2 each time that I listen to it. The signature it offers is a complete package and there are no real weaknesses or faults. It's just plain fun to listen to music with the x2. Crazy good for the price. 

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #2,767 of 15,268

From the Head-Fi describing sound glossary:

Grainy - A slightly raw, exposed sound which lacks finesse. Not liquid or fluid.

Not grainy then :)

I can say they are not completely perfect - not sure what to call it, but the cymbal decay is sometimes not quite as natural as my higher end stereo setup.  It is not at all raw, or anything to even worry about.  It took me a bunch of A/B where I came away more impressed than ever with the X2 overall to even find it - I never notice anything unpleasant.

I honestly feel someone would be hard pressed to not be happy with the X2 for actually listening to music.  I stressed for awhile about dropping $300...but came away so happy, I ripped my entire collection to FLAC and have listened to absurd amount of music since.  I even bought the little (older) brother the L1 for work (not a bad facsimile for tonal balance with a 3dB cut at 2kHz, just doesn't have the soundstage).

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #2,768 of 15,268

Not grainy then :)

I can say they are not completely perfect - not sure what to call it, but the cymbal decay is sometimes not quite as natural as my higher end stereo setup.  It is not at all raw, or anything to even worry about.  It took me a bunch of A/B where I came away more impressed than ever with the X2 overall to even find it - I never notice anything unpleasant.

I honestly feel someone would be hard pressed to not be happy with the X2 for actually listening to music.  I stressed for awhile about dropping $300...but came away so happy, I ripped my entire collection to FLAC and have listened to absurd amount of music since.  I even bought the little (older) brother the L1 for work (not a bad facsimile for tonal balance with a 3dB cut at 2kHz, just doesn't have the soundstage).

Can't for my pair to arrive! People say that they bad for female vocals, how does it sound to you?

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #2,769 of 15,268
   Can't for my pair to arrive! People say that they bad for female vocals, how does it sound to you?

People are lying to you...lol...they do female vocals wonderfully....at least most of the stuff I listen to. There are times that they can maybe get a bit sibilant depending on the singer, track, recording, how loud I'm listening...but the times that happens are pretty far and few between. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #2,770 of 15,268
I also can't wait till my X2's arrive.  I ordered them from Amazon last week but they haven't arrived yet.  Some folks here say they're out of stock on Amazon but the website clearly says "IN STOCK".  In the meantime, I just received some new velour ear pads for my HD540's which should help to occupy myself till the Philips Fidelio X2's get here.  Looking forward to comparing the sound signatures of these two fine cans. . .

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #2,771 of 15,268
THEY ARE NOT IN STOCK ON AMAZON. Wow you people surely do not read on. It is currently being sold by a third party. Know what that means? No warranty, no Amazon hassle free return if something goes wrong. ALWAYS make sure where your items are SOLD BY. Best case scenario is if it's FULFILLED by Amazon, as you can return to them even if it isn't their own item.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #2,772 of 15,268
THEY ARE NOT IN STOCK ON AMAZON. Wow you people surely do not read on. It is currently being sold by a third party. Know what that means? No warranty, no Amazon hassle free return if something goes wrong. ALWAYS make sure where your items are SOLD BY. Best case scenario is if it's FULFILLED by Amazon, as you can return to them even if it isn't their own item.

Costs a bit more too. Like $100 more with shipping.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #2,773 of 15,268
Can't buy these anywhere else than amazon.com that I have seen. As a Canadian, that meant shipping international ($$) and customs ($$) and a weak Canadian dollar ($$) to get my pair. Having spent about $400 to get mine (CAN) I can say that it was worth it. I listen to these basically exclusively now, for hours a day. Everyday I fall more in love with them. I am selling my hd600 for them. They are so good, I just don't want to listen to anything else.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #2,774 of 15,268
X2s are one of these headphones that makes listening to music a joy. There's enough detail there, but musicality is its strong point. It's one of the most enjoyable, musical headphones out there regardless of the price. It's not easy to get to Innerfidelity's Wall of Fame.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #2,775 of 15,268

Depends on which Amazon you're talking about. On the 28th I've ordered them on the Italian Amazon and they clearly say "Sold by Amazon EU". Today I've received a confirmation that they've been shipped.
Not to mention if you're from the Netherlands and your pair of philips headphones are breaking/broken, you can send them to PHILIPS Netherlands and they'll take care of it. And I'm sure the philips department in your country would do the same. I know so because I called them and asked it, because I don't want to send my headphones back to Amazon.  

http://i.imgur.com/kunOmux.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back