Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 1, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #2,776 of 15,268
  Depends on which Amazon you're talking about. On the 28th I've ordered them on the Italian Amazon and they clearly say "Sold by Amazon EU". Today I've received a confirmation that they've been shipped.
Not to mention if you're from the Netherlands and your pair of philips headphones are breaking/broken, you can send them to PHILIPS Netherlands and they'll take care of it. And I'm sure the philips department in your country would do the same. I know so because I called them and asked it, because I don't want to send my headphones back to Amazon.  

http://i.imgur.com/kunOmux.png

Good to hear, I ordered at Amazon.it as well thanks
wink.gif
Should be here by wednesday I hope..

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,779 of 15,268
My X2 sounds absolutely superb with my HeadAmp GS-1 fully discrete class A amp!
Punchy, dynamic, open, clear, excellent soundstage, and excellent bass and sub bass.
Worlds better than using them through a CD player headphone jack, or through any android or I phone/I pad headphone jack.
In comparison, the headphone jacks sound flat, emphasized in the highs, and lacking in dynamics, bass, and soundstaging.
I very strongly recommend a good headphone amp with the X2, if you want to hear them at their best.

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #2,780 of 15,268
Always love watching people do anything to justify their exorbitantly priced gear. Of course it's gonna sound better. Expectation bias is a huge reason.

I hope my Liquid Crimson can bring out some sub bass on the X2.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #2,781 of 15,268
THEY ARE NOT IN STOCK ON AMAZON. Wow you people surely do not read on. It is currently being sold by a third party. Know what that means? No warranty, no Amazon hassle free return if something goes wrong. ALWAYS make sure where your items are SOLD BY. Best case scenario is if it's FULFILLED by Amazon, as you can return to them even if it isn't their own item.

Wow, I have not heard the term, "you people" since the 1970's !

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,782 of 15,268
  Wow, I have not heard the term, "you people" since the 1970's !

I guess I am one of those people not really sure.
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,783 of 15,268
Always love watching people do anything to justify their exorbitantly priced gear. Of course it's gonna sound better. Expectation bias is a huge reason.

I don't have very expensive gear, but I will say the x2 does need proper dac and amp more than people would think given its impedance. I would also say that it scales well with gear as well. I don't think your comment is really appropriate given my experience with the x2,and certainly would say that a $600 amp compared to a $2500 amp (which I assume was sarcasm) is really just not a helpful comment given the context of this thread.

Your last couple of posts here have had a pretty negative and insulting edge to them (as I read them) . Let's try and keep things positive here please.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #2,785 of 15,268
I don't have very expensive gear, but I will say the x2 does need proper dac and amp more than people would think given its impedance. I would also say that it scales well with gear as well. I don't think your comment is really appropriate given my experience with the x2,and certainly would say that a $600 amp compared to a $2500 amp (which I assume was sarcasm) is really just not a helpful comment given the context of this thread.

Your last couple of posts here have had a pretty negative and insulting edge to them (as I read them) . Let's try and keep things positive here please.

I agree 100%. That said, I'm more low-fi with my gear and with my DAC/amp combo, I can't imagine my X2's sounding better. Not sure I want to hear them through a higherend amp. I'm perfectly good living in a state of ignorance is bliss and my wallet thanks me...lol

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #2,786 of 15,268

I don't own exorbitantly priced gear.
A couple of good cd players, and various headphones, all well under $1,000.00 each, and my headphone amp. Not even an aftermarket DAC.
The HeadAmp GS-1 isn't a high end headphone amp.
When I bought it, it wasn't that expensive.
There are alot of amps now that cost alot more than I paid for it.
Also, expectation bias has nothing to do with it.
Anyone, unless they are deaf, could hear the HUGE sonic improvements going from a normal headphone jack to a good amp.
My spouse could care absolutely less about headphones or headphone amps, but when I let her hear the differences between a normal android/iphone/laptop/cd player jack, compared to the HeadAmp headphone amp, she was amazed at the improvement aa well.
Even at low volumes there is a big difference, and improvement in the overall sound.
I have also let several buddies who are non audiophiles, listen to the comparison, and they agree with my findings as well.
To each his own.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,787 of 15,268

We all know the art is to find the gem that has the best price to performance ratio. For me the one item that made me realize expensive does not mean it will sound better was the SE846.  The sound was incredible but it was a sound that I didn't enjoy as much as some at half the price, ie... the SM64 which I miss dearly. The X2 is one of those gems...a great buy.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #2,788 of 15,268
Just joined Head-Fi! Have been lurking here quite some time haha
Anyway, been reading up a lot on this gem. At the moment I own a DT 990 pro amped by an E17 and the ttpo-t1e.
I pretty much found out that I'm not a great fan of the V-shaped sound signature. Its great for Hip-Hop, EDM etc. but the X2 is/seems like the way better headphone, and definitely more of a do everything good. Really mainly missed the mids on the Beyers, so looking forward to a more neutral (better all-round) headphone.

Just pulled the trigger on the X2 since I've been reading up on it here and other places. The review of Tyll got me really excited as well :)
Found them at amazon.it for 230 euro's. Pretty nice.
Now the wait begins.

Btw, my E17 should be fine for the X2's right? Might purchase some higher grade gear once, but at the moment that's not in my budget unfortunately.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2,789 of 15,268
  Just joined Head-Fi! Have been lurking here quite some time haha
Anyway, been reading up a lot on this gem. At the moment I own a DT 990 pro amped by an E17 and the ttpo-t1e.
I pretty much found out that I'm not a great fan of the V-shaped sound signature. Its great for Hip-Hop, EDM etc. but the X2 is/seems like the way better headphone, and definitely more of a do everything good. Really mainly missed the mids on the Beyers, so looking forward to a more neutral (better all-round) headphone.

Just pulled the trigger on the X2 since I've been reading up on it here and other places. The review of Tyll got me really excited as well :)
Found them at amazon.it for 230 euro's. Pretty nice.
Now the wait begins.

Btw, my E17 should be fine for the X2's right? Might purchase some higher grade gear once, but at the moment that's not in my budget unfortunately.

Listening to the X2 through E17 as we speak and they sound great.  I also have a JDS C5D (currently sent back for repairs) and to be honest I don't really hear any real difference between the two notwithstanding the the 2x price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back