Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 11, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #1,111 of 15,268
This question is no question... totally different cans - one is closed, other full-open. Doesn`t take much thinking to figure out main differences
rolleyes.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,112 of 15,268
Ok, I got my Aune T1 Mk2 just an hour ago, I sent my Fiio e10k back. I only listened to the T1 with the stock 6922EH tube and I dont know if its placebo or what but it definitely sound much better already. I need to warm the tube more and I wil update you on that later. But for now what I can say is that: the bass tightened and it feels like it reverberates  in space, the mids are lusher and the highs are tamed. Everything seems much forward bu retained the same soundstage as with the Fiio, maybe even better. It feels more organic and less mechanical as with the Fiio, the DAC is definitely  better even if it runs an older chip than e10k from what I've read. The sound just complements your ears very well. 

Now, I can feel that the  X2's are becoming incredible, also I've only burned them for around 30-40hours so far since I got them. It can only get better right?

Also, I'm waiting for some other tubes I ordered :budget ones: a Mazda, Mullard and an Ultron, not gold :), normal ones. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,113 of 15,268
Geo6, put You Aune T1 gain switches to mid-gain +10dB position! At +0dB T1 gives out 1000mA and X2 max input is 500mW. @ mid gain it gives out ~400mA and has more "energy" to sound. At least with X1 it does sound better. 
About tubes & X2 pairing, don`t forget to post Your impressions to Aune T1 thread :wink: 

And I really recommend upgrading capacitors to ELNA SilmicII + Panasonic FR if Your`e not going to use external head-amp :wink: 

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,114 of 15,268
  Geo6, put You Aune T1 gain switches to mid-gain +10dB position! At +0dB T1 gives out 1000mA and X2 max input is 500mW. @ mid gain it gives out ~400mA and has more "energy" to sound. At least with X1 it does sound better. 
About tubes & X2 pairing, don`t forget to post Your impressions to Aune T1 thread :wink: 

And I really recommend upgrading capacitors to ELNA SilmicII + Panasonic FR if Your`e not going to use external head-amp :wink: 

I switched to mid gain 10dB, the difference I can hear I think, is that it accentuates the highs a bit to much, but its maybe me, I will go back to 0dB in a while and see if the part with the highs is right. Except the highs there's no difference, only that, as everyone knows, the volumes are different from odB and 10dB.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #1,115 of 15,268
I compared 0gain vs.+10dB and somehow mid-gain sounds better @ same volume with X1. Maybe it is related with mW but not sure and let`s not forget that I have different tube + upgraded capacitors + X1 not X2. Anyway, use what sounds better to You just thought it might help :wink:

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #1,118 of 15,268
I find this combo to work excellent together

Hey, if I do a review of these on my guide soonish, you mind if I use this image? Verrry nice

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #1,120 of 15,268
so my house is a quite noisy environment, would you still recomend these? I have never used open headphones so i dont really know what to expect in terms of sound leakage and isolation. 

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #1,121 of 15,268
  so my house is a quite noisy environment, would you still recomend these? I have never used open headphones so i dont really know what to expect in terms of sound leakage and isolation. 

NO.

I owned a pair of X1 and switched to a Crossfade M-100 because of the noisy environment (i live near a railway) and its unbearable :/

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #1,122 of 15,268

I wouldn't recommend any open headphones in a noisy environment.. you'll hear everything around, and you'll have to crank up the volume, and still you'll hear noises. You can appreciate an open headphone only when its quiet, in my experience.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #1,123 of 15,268
  NO.

I owned a pair of X1 and switched to a Crossfade M-100 because of the noisy environment (i live near a railway) and its unbearable :/

ah damn :frowning2: i dont know what closed back headphone to get. The only one i feel is worth the money would be the Alpha dog from mr speakers. But there is no way i can get them here in Sweden :frowning2:

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #1,124 of 15,268
  ah damn :frowning2: i dont know what closed back headphone to get. The only one i feel is worth the money would be the Alpha dog from mr speakers. But there is no way i can get them here in Sweden :frowning2:

Take a look at the Shure 840. I use a pair at work connected to an Aune T1 and really love the sound. I think they are one of the best closed can options below $200.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,125 of 15,268
If you are a neutral head, the NAD Viso HP50s are excellent. Tyll at Innerfidelity recommends them on his wall of fame for closed back headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back