Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #106 of 15,268

The Fostex T50RP/Shure headphones have ellipse-shaped enclosures, but the Fidelio X1 is very circular. I don't think it can be done.

Change managed to get the oval shaped 1540 pads on the HP200 which has a circular form. It's possible with enough effort as long as the pads are the correct size for the headphones to which you're trying to attach them.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #107 of 15,268
As Axel mentioned, I have Shure alacantaras on my HP200, which is also very circular. The shape is not my concern, I'm just wondering if they are able to stretch over the driver when placing them on, alah the alpha pads.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #108 of 15,268

Change managed to get the oval shaped 1540 pads on the HP200 which has a circular form. It's possible with enough effort as long as the pads are the correct size for the headphones to which you're trying to attach them.

Ah, interesting. Not sure what the size of the HP200 is compared to the Fidelio X1, though.
As Axel mentioned, I have Shure alacantaras on my HP200, which is also very circular. The shape is not my concern, I'm just wondering if they are able to stretch over the driver when placing them on, alah the alpha pads.

It might work like that, but I have my reservations. The diameter of the enclosures on the Fidelio X1 are a little over 4 inches.

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #109 of 15,268
Ah, interesting. Not sure what the size of the HP200 is compared to the Fidelio X1, though.

It might work like that, but I have my reservations. The diameter of the enclosures on the Fidelio X1 are a little over 4 inches.

Granted, they fit on the HP200 just like any standard headphine with the option to switch pads. The size if the X1, X2, gives me doubts about the alcantara placement edges being able to stretch over the drivers.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #112 of 15,268
Is there any impressions or anything on these? I'm thinking of selling my Annie soon. Hehe xD

I, too, am waiting on the impressions on this thing. I might get these in the future once the prices drop...or I'll just get the X1 when they drop real low.

But Billson, you shoudl keep the Annies for comparison. I know that they're practically polar opposites, but it'd be interesting to see what you have to say about them. 
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #113 of 15,268
I, too, am waiting on the impressions on this thing. I might get these in the future once the prices drop...or I'll just get the X1 when they drop real low.

But Billson, you shoudl keep the Annies for comparison. I know that they're practically polar opposites, but it'd be interesting to see what you have to say about them. :wink:

If I don't sell it, I can't get any new cans this month. :frowning2:

But yeah, both the Annie and X1 is day and night difference haha

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #114 of 15,268
Considered by how the L2 turned out, I'm quite intrigued by the X2. That being said, the former doesn't get the attention it deserves. This is probably because they're still not being sold in the US

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #115 of 15,268
Jul 26, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #117 of 15,268
Though it may seem from the specs just the opposite, X2 scales up with better amping. Liked tubes so much... Best soundstage ever heard. Ruitinely comparing soundstage and imaging with K340 electrostat-dynamics and my imaging king hp, K551. Clarity and freq response comp in progress with some full sizeds and with an iem: Havi B3 Pro1. Sound is evolving a bit.. This will take time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back