Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 28, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #139 of 15,268
I've not heard the Annie so can't compare. From what I've read, I would say that the L2 probably has less bass than the X1, L1, Momentum, HP50, P7 but more than the AKG K550. It's also to have good soundstage depth if not width, so that could be a nice difference to AKG.

As for the X2, I am intrigued. Especially if it's on par with the L2 and tuned towards music listening, i.e.. more hi-fi.

Many thanks for the comparison! I have tried the X1 once and compared to Annie, X1's bass is all over the place, recessed midrange and dark sound, definitely not my type. L2 seem to suit me well according to reviews and graph. XD

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #140 of 15,268
L2 has a midrange a lot less even than the x1, having had both. The x1 midrange would be considered natural compared to the l2 and it has a peeky treble but a way more hi fi, grainless sound. The l2 def has a tighter and deeper low end but isn't nearly as punchy. L2 = bright and bass light, x1= warm and even balanced mids to highs if not slightly dark.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #141 of 15,268
L2 has a midrange a lot less even than the x1, having had both. The x1 midrange would be considered natural compared to the l2 and it has a peeky treble but a way more hi fi, grainless sound. The l2 def has a tighter and deeper low end but isn't nearly as punchy. L2 = bright and bass light, x1= warm and even balanced mids to highs if not slightly dark.

According to the things you write I can say that L2 and X1 has a perfect lovechild now...

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #142 of 15,268

Any natural headphone (open back) for $300-$350? XD

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #143 of 15,268

According to the things you write I can say that L2 and X1 has a perfect lovechild now...

?????  wait have you heard the x2

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #149 of 15,268

Are you guys Lying. I wont believe it unless I see a pic. 

This.

So any recommendation for sub $300-$350 headphone with natural sound? XD

Well I think the x1 is natural. When ppl use the word natural as a descriptor it usually means warm(bass tilt), full mids, even highs, or dark with sweet timbre. In this case and in your opinion the x1 is dark, too uncontrolled in the bass and distant mids(which I can agree there kinda). So you basically want neutral with full mids, tight clean bass, and slightly north of nuetral highs?

Dang I cant think of one (open) in that price range to be honest. I would hold tight honestly because the he400i will drop in price dumb fast and ppl will sell it low and close to that on here. I already got an he560 for 759. I think the closest right now is the k712 for sure, it just has to be amped right. I found its spacial cues unnatural for me with a treble peak that was a little annoying but it had good tones and its mids were fuller than I expected, as well as its bass. When I heard the q701 later properly amped I liked it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back