Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 17, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #14,717 of 15,268
I don't know about the $50 on Amazon though. Tough nut to swallow.
Absolutely a tough nut to swallow. I think it's about factoring in how long you plan to keep the X2. If it's a short while then maybe not worth it, but if your pair is a keeper then it's worth a purchase in my eyes. Apart from the nicer comfort (I find the X2 velour and foam to be pretty mediocre), these pads also sound great and look great.

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #14,718 of 15,268
Hello. Does anyone know which between them both x1 and x2 has less peaky treble?

In my experience the X1 has a smoother treble response. Just make sure to replace the stock cable on the X1 if you do get one. The stock cable has unusually high resistance that negatively affects the sound quality (this isn't audiophile expensive cable myth nonsense, this has been confirmed with measurements and pretty much any cheap cable will do)

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #14,719 of 15,268
In my experience the X1 has a smoother treble response. Just make sure to replace the stock cable on the X1 if you do get one. The stock cable has unusually high resistance that negatively affects the sound quality (this isn't audiophile expensive cable myth nonsense, this has been confirmed with measurements and pretty much any cheap cable will do)
Good comment. The X1 did have a bad stock cable...which has contributed to the case of the people that believe in Cable Voodoo.
In most cases expensive wires dont sound gooder. Duh.
Sure, plenty of stock cables don't work for various reasons ( I'm looking RIGHT at you Fidelio X3) but you can get a vmoda cable (as one example) and never think about it again.

Mar 18, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #14,721 of 15,268
So chinese inexpensive cable doesn’t suit to replace the stock cable as well?

Inexpensive Chinese cables are probably fine. Cables shouldn't make a difference unless they're defective or somehow out of spec for the headphones you're using. The stock X1 cable is bad because its out of spec. They shouldn't have packaged such a high resistance cable with them, especially since the X1s are low impedance headphones.

Mar 18, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #14,724 of 15,268
So chinese inexpensive cable doesn’t suit to replace the stock cable as well?
I personally replaced the stock cable with a shorter Sony MUC-S12SM1 cable and I enjoy it. Actually, the sound difference between the Sony cable and stock cable is very minimal. I just want a shorter replacement though. I hope you enjoy the listening.:darthsmile:

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #14,725 of 15,268
Mar 19, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #14,730 of 15,268
Absolutely a tough nut to swallow. I think it's about factoring in how long you plan to keep the X2. If it's a short while then maybe not worth it, but if your pair is a keeper then it's worth a purchase in my eyes. Apart from the nicer comfort (I find the X2 velour and foam to be pretty mediocre), these pads also sound great and look great.

Same situation for me. I am not sure if I am going to keep the X2HR for a long time or not. I've spotted a German shop but the shipping costs to my place (Belgium so very close) is 15€ for a small package for a total of 70€, not very appealing price. On the official Dekoni it's only 41€ but will take much more time and risk of customs fees as well. Difficult to decide. On the other hand, I've tried the Fidelio in gaming and movies and the result is very convincing : spacious and a good feeling with the effects and explosions. I'd really like to keep it for a multimedia use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back