Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 8, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #13,696 of 15,268
FYI A LOT OF THE X2HR'S HAVE A DEFECT - both speakers should be pointed towards your ears when the headphone is on, and they are shipping with the left one pointed away. just take screwdriver and rotate 180 degrees to match other side. zeos has details on his community thread, thats where i sourced the picture

kpktJ1U.png
I guess the mystery of why they have suddenly dropped down so much in price is answered.
I thought it might have something to do with the new X3 coming out, but maybe they started rushing production or cutting corners as well. If you pay $300 for some headphones with reversed drivers you pitch a fit and send them back...but for $100, maybe you break out a screwdriver and fix 'em? Maybe they did the math and figured fast, cheap and low rate of returns was the best way to sell the X2hr

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #13,697 of 15,268
I guess the mystery of why they have suddenly dropped down so much in price is answered.
I thought it might have something to do with the new X3 coming out, but maybe they started rushing production or cutting corners as well. If you pay $300 for some headphones with reversed drivers you pitch a fit and send them back...but for $100, maybe you break out a screwdriver and fix 'em? Maybe they did the math and figured fast, cheap and low rate of returns was the best way to sell the X2hr

to be clear not all have this issue. mine did not. i simply was quoting Zeos, all owners should double check, 90% chance you are ok.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #13,698 of 15,268
Is that really a common problem? Are there more peope reporting same issue or is just that one picture? I saw it on Reddit (r/headphones).

This issue should be noticiable pretty instantly at least if one has large ears.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #13,700 of 15,268
All you have to do is feel inside your cups and make sure they both facing the same way. It would take like one second to check.:ksc75smile:

Shane D

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #13,702 of 15,268
Much more testing on the X2HR's today. They really are huge bang for the buck!

Today was all on the SMSL SP200. It was as expected: the X2HR's have a little more kick in the bottom, but the vocals are a little recessed, compared to the HD58X's.

Compared to the HD58X's they are not as overall useful, especially since I have an XLR cable for the Senns.

It was worth trying out, but I will have to call this a miss, for me. I have been on a long winning streak with my cheapies, but everything must come to an end.:relaxed:

Very nice headphone for someone starting out on a tight budget. Not a bad product, just not for me.

Shane D

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #13,704 of 15,268
Much more testing on the X2HR's today. They really are huge bang for the buck!

Today was all on the SMSL SP200. It was as expected: the X2HR's have a little more kick in the bottom, but the vocals are a little recessed, compared to the HD58X's.

Compared to the HD58X's they are not as overall useful, especially since I have an XLR cable for the Senns.

It was worth trying out, but I will have to call this a miss, for me. I have been on a long winning streak with my cheapies, but everything must come to an end.:relaxed:

Very nice headphone for someone starting out on a tight budget. Not a bad product, just not for me.

Shane D

I feel like the HD58X is it in your face on the vocals, I really like the positioning on the X2HR. these are going to be a keeper for me I think.Might list my HD58X for sale. next up is to compare HE400S with sundara pads with my x2hr... then decide which of those 2 I will sell. HE400S with sundara pads might win this one, we will see.

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #13,705 of 15,268
I feel like the HD58X is it in your face on the vocals, I really like the positioning on the X2HR. these are going to be a keeper for me I think.Might list my HD58X for sale. next up is to compare HE400S with sundara pads with my x2hr... then decide which of those 2 I will sell. HE400S with sundara pads might win this one, we will see.

I hear you, but I am big into vocals. I have now tried the HD58X's, X2HR's and the HE4XX's. In the economy neighbourhood, I preferred the HD58X's. I am glad I tried them all though.

Shane D

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #13,706 of 15,268
FYI A LOT OF THE X2HR'S HAVE A DEFECT - both speakers should be pointed towards your ears when the headphone is on, and they are shipping with the left one pointed away. just take screwdriver and rotate 180 degrees to match other side. zeos has details on his community thread, thats where i sourced the picture

kpktJ1U.png
Got mine from Amazon on the BF deal. Just checked, mine are correct. Just another data point. I do wonder how many people have had a pair with this issue. I've only heard of the guy who took the picture. When I originally saw the post on youtube, I didn't see anyone other than the guy who took the picture say they had this issue.

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #13,707 of 15,268
Got mine from Amazon on the BF deal. Just checked, mine are correct. Just another data point. I do wonder how many people have had a pair with this issue. I've only heard of the guy who took the picture. When I originally saw the post on youtube, I didn't see anyone other than the guy who took the picture say they had this issue.

wouldn't be surprised if it was just a hoax, someone that pays to sub to zeos just to get some attn. but who knows. we live in a crazy world, I just ignore most of it and use ublock origin to block all ads. life is good.

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #13,710 of 15,268
How's the X2HR comfort level compared to SHP9500, especially during extended use (several hours at a time)?

x2hr feels heavier, but the earpads feel like clouds. honestly at end of day i'd say they are about equal. shp9500 earpads get just as warm. if its like 8+ hours straight id say shp9500, but 5 hrs or less its equal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back