Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jun 27, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #12,257 of 15,268
There is stock here in australia through aurhorised sellers (eg at "minidisc")

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #12,261 of 15,268
Guys I need your help. I'm on my third set and I finally found one without driver imbalance. I'm in love with the sound, only one problem.

It's used and the metal bolts are loose. Not the black plastic ones on the outer rings (I know they're fake), the ones connecting the outer ring to the metal headband. Basically the entire left earpiece is about to fall off, outer ring included, and I guess as long as they don't come more loose I should be fine since it's metal but it's really disheartening as I've been chasing a good set for quite a while and finally found one.

Anyone know of a small enough tool to get in and tighten them, or a guide for proper disassembly so I can get in and properly secure them?

Cheers!

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #12,262 of 15,268
Guys I need your help. I'm on my third set and I finally found one without driver imbalance. I'm in love with the sound, only one problem.

It's used and the metal bolts are loose. Not the black plastic ones on the outer rings (I know they're fake), the ones connecting the outer ring to the metal headband. Basically the entire left earpiece is about to fall off, outer ring included, and I guess as long as they don't come more loose I should be fine since it's metal but it's really disheartening as I've been chasing a good set for quite a while and finally found one.

Anyone know of a small enough tool to get in and tighten them, or a guide for proper disassembly so I can get in and properly secure them?

Cheers!

Just use a pencil eraser end (or wooden chop stick) and reach in and tighten the loose bolts. Wiggle the ear cups slightly as you tighten them up. This will have to be done every month or so but it's not really a big deal IMO. Just a little preventive maintenance every so often. . .

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #12,264 of 15,268
Just use a pencil eraser end (or wooden chop stick) and reach in and tighten the loose bolts. Wiggle the ear cups slightly as you tighten them up. This will have to be done every month or so but it's not really a big deal IMO. Just a little preventive maintenance every so often. . .

Cheers, I tried it but with a philips scredriver as I could just barely nudge one of the edges into the flathead part of most of the bolts and twist them fairly tight. They came undone again a day after of heavy usage so I gave up. Called the previous owner, got the receipt, turns out they're just 7 months old and he just never bothered with it so I'm sending them in under warranty for RMA.

Fingers crossed I get a proper or at least repaired pair this time.

Jul 10, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #12,266 of 15,268
Just want to say how much I still appreciate my X2's, the first well-reviewed & well-made headphones I owned. It was love at first listen when I got them, and they still sound great.

Sure, the pads are a little scratchy, and there are lighter headphones around. But they are big, impressive, well-made headphone that sound very good.

I listen to them with 2 amps that really lock-in and make them sound spectacular:
  • The Lake People G109-A. I started out listening to the X2's on the FiiO E10K, which wasn't bad at all. But when I first got the G109-A, burned it in, then heard the X2's...there was no going back. It's a very authoritative, yet "friendly" sound.
  • And the Liquid Carbon: I never dreamed the LC would sound good with the X2's. On paper, at least, it would seem to be too much of a warm/sound-good thing. Man, was I wrong. The LC lit up the X2's in a really special way. It's still the best sound I've ever heard from the X2's.
I know all about the manufacturing problems & defects this design suffered through over the past 2-3 yrs. I feel so lucky that my pair was perfect from day-1.

Very interested to hear a new iteration of the X2's are coming out. It this design builds on & improves the X2 design, it will be something special.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #12,269 of 15,268
Wich would suit a hd25-1 ii, m50x and momentum over ears better.... A x2 or a hd650? I mostly listen to metal and edm.

I havê the hd600 but it males my ears ring and itsna bit soft for my taste....
If the hd600 is soft then the hd650 may be the same

Between the hd650 amd x2 i would say the x2.

Good punch and good level of detail. Very good for the price

On the side: i find it great for movies, particularly dialogue

I uesd to have the m50x and now have the x2. The x2 woudl be a fairly good conplement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back