Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 10, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #12,033 of 15,268
I finally got into open back headphone with this used X2 I picked up used from Ebay. Fortunately for me, it's an WOOX version so I don't have to worry about all the fuss regarding SQ being defective.

So far, they've been amazing, especially their build quality, definitely one of the best I've ever owned. One thing I don't really like is the lengthy cable. Is there any short and sweet cable to use with my laptop that you guys recommend ?

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #12,034 of 15,268
I finally got into open back headphone with this used X2 I picked up used from Ebay. Fortunately for me, it's an WOOX version so I don't have to worry about all the fuss regarding SQ being defective.

So far, they've been amazing, especially their build quality, definitely one of the best I've ever owned. One thing I don't really like is the lengthy cable. Is there any short and sweet cable to use with my laptop that you guys recommend ?

Are you sure it's really Woox? The imprint on the headstrap always says Woox, regardless of manufacturer. You have to look at the bottom of the box and search for the copyright.

The cable I use is a KabelDirekt one from Amazon. Short and sweet, while also not having any huge microphonics like you get with the stock cable. Costs like eight bucks for three feet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI89Z8E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489149764&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=kabeldirekt+aux

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #12,035 of 15,268
Are you sure it's really Woox? The imprint on the headstrap always says Woox, regardless of manufacturer. You have to look at the bottom of the box and search for the copyright.

The cable I use is a KabelDirekt one from Amazon. Short and sweet, while also not having any huge microphonics like you get with the stock cable. Costs like eight bucks for three feet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI89Z8E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489149764&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=kabeldirekt+aux

Yes, I'm quite certain. I was looking only on the box last night, and I didn't find a single word about Gibson. Furthermore, it says something about being manufactured by Woox 2014.

Regardless, I don't think it really matter cuz the sound is satisfying.

Thanks for the link :), though I'm more interested in cable that like this but about 1 m long. That would be perfect.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #12,037 of 15,268
I've had these headphones a few months now and I absolutely love them. I haven't used my other cans at all since getting these. However, sometimes I really need a closed back because of noise. Also, with summer coming up, my air conditioner will be going full blast, so there may be times where the fidelios just let too much sound in. So here's my question: Can anyone recommend a closed back can with a sound signature and comfort similar to the X2s? budget is under 400. I'm considering the TH-x00s but they aren't nearly as comfortable.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #12,038 of 15,268
Currently using my X2s with my Fiio X3ii and the IMS Hybrid Valve Amp and the sound is sublime. Rich, musical, with buttery mids, rumbling controlled bass and restrained but engaging highs. The whole experience is holographic and utterly captivating. Can't recommend enough and I truly love these cans.

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #12,039 of 15,268
  I've had these headphones a few months now and I absolutely love them. I haven't used my other cans at all since getting these. However, sometimes I really need a closed back because of noise. Also, with summer coming up, my air conditioner will be going full blast, so there may be times where the fidelios just let too much sound in. So here's my question: Can anyone recommend a closed back can with a sound signature and comfort similar to the X2s? budget is under 400. I'm considering the TH-x00s but they aren't nearly as comfortable.

The Beyerdynamic DT1770 PRO has a similar sound signature and is very comfortable, only problem is they are still quite expensive, you might be able to pick up a second hand pair for 400.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #12,040 of 15,268

Would go over your budget.....but adding ZMF Ori lambskin pads + Pilot Pad to my X00 made them by far the most comfortable HP in my collection! Including X2.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #12,041 of 15,268

The Audio-Technica ATH-WS770iS are worth a look for you. They have a great sound stage and sound and if you add a pair of Brainwavz HM5 ear pads, they are some of the most comfortable earphones I've ever used. As a bonus, the headphones and ear pads together cost around $155.00

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #12,042 of 15,268

You've worn TH-x00s? I recently received my pair of Purplehearts, and I was worried about the weight.. but I find them absolutely comfortable. These are my designated rap/electronic cans for sure, the low EQ responds by staying absolutely clean but head shaking!

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #12,043 of 15,268

Yup in the same camp here myself with summer around the corner here in the desert, bought the Sennheiser 598 Cs and thought I they would be descent enough, not. Not compared to the X2s anyway. Gonna stay put with my (very old) Audio Tecnica M50. The CanJam http://www.canjamglobal.com/socal2017 is coming in April, hoping to get to sample some cans down there in LA. :)

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #12,044 of 15,268
I don't want to turn this thread into a cable discussion thread, but need some opinions on these cable:

1. V-Moda audio cable ($12)

2. This nice looking one with braided cable (LINK) ($3.5)

3. This fancy looking one with silver plated something (LINK) ($24)

4. KINDEN 3.5mm Male to Male Braided Auxiliary Stereo Audio Cable OCC Silver Plated ($12)

5. This suspiciously dirt cheap decent looking cable that might break after one month (LINK) ($0.7)

Also, is OCC or OFC necessary when buying cable, provided that I only want the connection/transmission to be as good as the default cable? And does the cable have to have strain relief, provided that it's braided and pretty thick already.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back