Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #11,536 of 15,268
Kindly noted,thx for the heads-up.......glad he chose my second advice and fixed the issue.....btw, you mind sharing how to part the head-band and the cup.

I'm not sure you can. In order to get at those fake swivel screws, you must go through the front.. pads, speaker assembly, etc.  I believe those swivel pins in question are glued in. There was some posts on it, way,way back. I don't (rarely) use my X2s anymore. This is just what I remember. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #11,537 of 15,268

I'm not sure you can. In order to get at those fake swivel screws, you must go through the front.. pads, speaker assembly, etc.  I believe those swivel pins in question are glued in. There was some posts on it, way,way back. I don't (rarely) use my X2s anymore. This is just what I remember. 

Agreed. I remember something about taking the X2 apart, but it was quite a ways back in the thread. And I don't remember what was discovered, either :/

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #11,538 of 15,268
Hello fellas, i'm back and wondering if any of you gents could recommend an amp or even dac/amp for the X2. I'm currently using my HTC 10 and Shozy Magic DAC/Amp which I feel make the X2 shine. But I want to try something different but I still want portability which is one reason I love the Magic. I'm currently looking at the Aune B1 and some people have recommended it to me. I'm on a budget of $300 Aud so just wondering any other suggestions? Or should I pull the trigger on the B1?

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #11,539 of 15,268
Hello fellas, i'm back and wondering if any of you gents could recommend an amp or even dac/amp for the X2. I'm currently using my HTC 10 and Shozy Magic DAC/Amp which I feel make the X2 shine. But I want to try something different but I still want portability which is one reason I love the Magic. I'm currently looking at the Aune B1 and some people have recommended it to me. I'm on a budget of $300 Aud so just wondering any other suggestions? Or should I pull the trigger on the B1?

I have the Oppo HA-2, which just fits in your budget. It works well, but the star of the show is its' quality construction :) The knob and switches are great, it feels solid and heavy (though not overly so) in the hand. The leather wrapping adds to the "premium" feel.

The Bass Boost is also very nice, definitely noticeable but not overbearing.

The Oppo is my only portable DAC/AMP though, so I can't compare it to anything else for you.

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #11,540 of 15,268

I would suggest the iBasso D14. Fits in your budget and sounds fantastic with the X2.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #11,541 of 15,268

I would suggest the iBasso D14. Fits in your budget and sounds fantastic with the X2.

I agree, very good unit and a great match with the X2's imo.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #11,542 of 15,268
was getting excited about hd-650's then read how electronic + similar bass-focused genre's lack a bit, esp in the sub-bass dept which is slightly deterring. x2's got mentioned but feel like it's a step down overall in SQ. any thoughts?

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #11,543 of 15,268
was getting excited about hd-650's then read how electronic + similar bass-focused genre's lack a bit, esp in the sub-bass dept which is slightly deterring. x2's got mentioned but feel like it's a step down overall in SQ. any thoughts?
In my opinion I feel that the X2 is superior to the HD650, it gives a similar sound but with a tighter, faster and harder hitting bass that reaches very low for an open back but at the same time mids & highs are nicely balanced with a soundstage thag is simply amazing. For the price. It's seriously a hard one to beat. :)

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #11,546 of 15,268
Hello,

I too use the D14 with X2, which is a great combination, but wouldn't it be a sort of downgrade from your Shozy Magic? I haven't listened to the Magic though, just curious.
That's what I was thinking but the Shozy Magic in Dac mode only is 16Bit but what I find strange is that it sounds better than a Fiio E17,Opus 11 Dac, Cozoy Aegis and a few others i've tried. But I also think a big reason for it's price is the size if it, straight up the size of a match box and for the original price of $500 it isn't cheap. But the sound it packs is beautiful. But now i'm wondering even though I like how it sounds could I get something cheaper and maybe with a better sound. I've heard good reviews of the Aune B1 and that it pairs very very nicely with the X2. I'm just basically experimenting and seeing what amps can go a long way for the price. I have gotten a chance to listen to the Oppo Ha-2SE and I truly enjoyed the sound it gave to the X2, smooth, nicely detailed with very good instrument seperation but I still preferred the sound stage and bass tightness of the Magic more. Yes the Ha-2SE did give more sub bass and mid bass but I felt that maybe it was a bit too much for certain tracks. That's why I am looking at the Aune B1, people say it's very strong competition to the Ha-2SE and some people prefer the sound of the B1 over the Ha-2SE. If it can bring the bass of the Ha-2SE but just a little less and the nice big soundstage of the Magic I may have found what I am looking for. The Magic is a brighter but more musical and fun sounding amp and when in Dac mode it is bright, fun but smooth and very analytical. I want something more neutral, smooth and easy to listen to but still having that awesome detail.

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #11,547 of 15,268
That's what I was thinking but the Shozy Magic in Dac mode only is 16Bit but what I find strange is that it sounds better than a Fiio E17,Opus 11 Dac, Cozoy Aegis and a few others i've tried. But I also think a big reason for it's price is the size if it, straight up the size of a match box and for the original price of $500 it isn't cheap. But the sound it packs is beautiful. But now i'm wondering even though I like how it sounds could I get something cheaper and maybe with a better sound. I've heard good reviews of the Aune B1 and that it pairs very very nicely with the X2. I'm just basically experimenting and seeing what amps can go a long way for the price. I have gotten a chance to listen to the Oppo Ha-2SE and I truly enjoyed the sound it gave to the X2, smooth, nicely detailed with very good instrument seperation but I still preferred the sound stage and bass tightness of the Magic more. Yes the Ha-2SE did give more sub bass and mid bass but I felt that maybe it was a bit too much for certain tracks. That's why I am looking at the Aune B1, people say it's very strong competition to the Ha-2SE and some people prefer the sound of the B1 over the Ha-2SE. If it can bring the bass of the Ha-2SE but just a little less and the nice big soundstage of the Magic I may have found what I am looking for. The Magic is a brighter but more musical and fun sounding amp and when in Dac mode it is bright, fun but smooth and very analytical. I want something more neutral, smooth and easy to listen to but still having that awesome detail.

Supposedly 16 bit music should sound just as perfect as any higher bit depth.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/415361/24bit-vs-16bit-the-myth-exploded

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #11,548 of 15,268
Supposedly 16 bit music should sound just as perfect as any higher bit depth.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/415361/24bit-vs-16bit-the-myth-exploded
And in my case with the Shozy Magic that has been proven :grin:. Now has anyone ever heard of the Audio Opus #11 Amp/DAC? I was trying it again today and maybe the unit I tested the other day was faulty but actually this one sexy sounding amp and DAC, i'm really liking it hehe. But still wanting to have a look at the B1. I think i'm looking more for an amp as i'm going to order some Audeze Sine and I feel that B1 has more than enough power for them but I also want something for the X2 that will give more more bass rumble and kick without making the mids into mud.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #11,549 of 15,268
And in my case with the Shozy Magic that has been proven :grin:. Now has anyone ever heard of the Audio Opus #11 Amp/DAC? I was trying it again today and maybe the unit I tested the other day was faulty but actually this one sexy sounding amp and DAC, i'm really liking it hehe. But still wanting to have a look at the B1. I think i'm looking more for an amp as i'm going to order some Audeze Sine and I feel that B1 has more than enough power for them but I also want something for the X2 that will give more more bass rumble and kick without making the mids into mud.

Yeah, I've got the #11 and like it a lot. Best sub $400 amp/dac for portable usage I've tried so far.

It's a dedicated thread for it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816199/audio-opus-opus-11/105#post_13058455

Users who are viewing this thread

Back