Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 2, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #8,791 of 15,268
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/8700#post_12211713

Mine are from Komplett, 1790 kr, elgiganten wont be in stock until February.. so yeah scew them.

Some say the new revision has different sound compared to the old revision, more bass heavy, does anyone here have both revisions?

Its also interesting how some say the X2 are terrible for gaming and some say they're the best for gaming. Whats up with that?

Waiting until February for possible new stock may be a blessing in disguise.

I have heard a WOOX pair and two Gibson pairs (A/B/C-ing).  One of the Gibson pairs was much bassier, muddier, veiled, felted, whatever you want to call it.  The other two were very similar.

I've only played some Fallout 4 with mine, but they sounded pretty good to me coming from the HD598.

I would say the X2 is the only headphone I've heard that is great at almost everything. No matter the price.

Are you still on pair #5 or have #6 arrived? :D

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #8,792 of 15,268
I'm on a pair from a third party seller which is almost OK cosmetically and perfect otherwise. The fifth (? I've lost count) pair from Amazon is in the box, I'm waiting for a stock to move a little to try and exchange it once more. If it ends up the same, I will return it and keep a third party one.

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #8,794 of 15,268
Why so many diff pairs?

I've been trying to get a headphone without cosmetic defects (like offset rings), so I keep returning them to Amazon. Doing this since October.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #8,796 of 15,268
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/8700#post_12211713

Mine are from Komplett, 1790 kr, elgiganten wont be in stock until February.. so yeah scew them.

Some say the new revision has different sound compared to the old revision, more bass heavy, does anyone here have both revisions?

Its also interesting how some say the X2 are terrible for gaming and some say they're the best for gaming. Whats up with that?

I've got both. Old one from the time X2 was released and a new one from September 2015 (USD 188,- new from Elgiganten.se). They sound and look exactly the same, but the new one had glued pads (no glue residue on pad and pad easy to remove).

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #8,799 of 15,268

I've got both. Old one from the time X2 was released and a new one from September 2015 (USD 188,- new from Elgiganten.se). They sound and look exactly the same, but the new one had glued pads (no glue residue on pad and pad easy to remove).

Did you get Elgiganten.se to deliver your X2 to Norway?

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #8,800 of 15,268

Did you get Elgiganten.se to deliver your X2 to Norway?

No, I live close to the Swedish border and had them delivered to public post office, Strömstad (so called Poste Restante, it's a free service in Sweden).

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #8,801 of 15,268
I'm on a pair from a third party seller which is almost OK cosmetically and perfect otherwise. The fifth (? I've lost count) pair from Amazon is in the box, I'm waiting for a stock to move a little to try and exchange it once more. If it ends up the same, I will return it and keep a third party one.

I was going to say you should try DIGITAL GUY - Woox with no issues about 2 months ago, and they have additional stickers confirming authenticity. They ship from Korea I think but it didn't take long, problem is I don't see them on there anymore. They also gave me a $50 credit when they went on sale like a month later, rare for a 3rd party. If you end up doing this again in the future, I'd recommend that seller if they appear again.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #8,803 of 15,268

I'm going to get you into the Guinness Book of World Records for most returns of the Philips Fidelio X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back