Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 28, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #8,536 of 15,268
For those of you concerned about the glue:

Someone from Philips replied to a Reddit post a while back. I wish I could find the exact link, but they said the glued pads was a factory error. It occurred on one batch (apparently Amazon was the unlucky merchant that got it.) They were made aware of the issue and have since corrected the error.

Moving forward, it sounds like the X2 will have removable pads.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #8,537 of 15,268
  Quote:
THE PADS ARE REMOVABLE! !

This post offers nothing to the conversation.  The pads are removable in the sense that you can break the glue bond to seperate the pad from the cup.  In doing so you may or may not rip the pad, depending on how the glue has been applied.

Please stop trolling this thread.

For those of you concerned about the glue:

Someone from Philips replied to a Reddit post a while back. I wish I could find the exact link, but they said the glued pads was a factory error. It occurred on one batch (apparently Amazon was the unlucky merchant that got it.) They were made aware of the issue and have since corrected the error.

Moving forward, it sounds like the X2 will have removable pads.

A person said it on the internet so it must be true?  The thread is this one and the person offered no evidence he was a Philips employee.  Also, this is not just an Amazon issue as I have received a pair from a Finnish web shop (Markantalo) which also had glued earpads.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #8,538 of 15,268
Reports of glued pads have come in from US & Europe, so bad batch is BS.

I've personally had a long chat with Phillips UK customer services. Even their internal staff manuals have been updated with the glued on pads information.

All new X2's will be glued. OFFICIAL.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #8,539 of 15,268
  Quote:

This post offers nothing to the conversation.  The pads are removable in the sense that you can break the glue bond to seperate the pad from the cup.  In doing so you may or may not rip the pad, depending on how the glue has been applied.

A person said it on the internet so it must be true?  The thread is this one and the person offered no evidence he was a Philips employee.  Also, this is not just an Amazon issue as I have received a pair from a Finnish web shop (Markantalo) which also had glued earpads.

Don't talk to me like that!! I am not trolling! I will tell you when I am trolling.

He clearly didn't read the thread. Many were able to save the pads.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #8,540 of 15,268
Alright, everyone calm down. No need to be fighting over this stuff :-/ we all like the X2, right?

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #8,541 of 15,268

Dictionary.reference.com:

Glue
noun
1. a hard, impure, protein gelatin, obtained by boiling skins, hoofs, andother animal substances in water, that when melted or diluted is a strong adhesive.

2. any of various solutions or preparations of this substance, used as an adhesive.

3. any of various other solutions or preparations that can be used as adhesives.

Hmmmmmm. 
I wonder, if it's glued, is it supposed to be removable?

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #8,542 of 15,268

Mind me, i really like the X2. Great sound, very happy with it. Pairs perfectly with the DX80. 
Removable pads or not, you buy these for the sound and the sound is great. You cant go wrong with these cans.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #8,543 of 15,268
    Quote:

I also bought mine from Markantalo. Same glue residue issue. Will RMA them as there are more quality issues. Nevertheless the sound quality is superb.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #8,544 of 15,268
Reports of glued pads have come in from US & Europe, so bad batch is BS.

I've personally had a long chat with Phillips UK customer services. Even their internal staff manuals have been updated with the glued on pads information.

All new X2's will be glued. OFFICIAL.

I was just about to go down this route - speaking to UK Customer Services since that Reddit post was vague and unhelpful. Did they comment on the fact the pads are advertised as removable?

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #8,545 of 15,268
Yes, they said they are 'replaceable' rather than 'removable'. But when I continued my questioning I was advised to just gently pull the pads off.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #8,547 of 15,268
I am one of the people that bought these on sale at amazon. The first pair I got sounded great to me, the pads were very soft, but I noticed it didn't have a lot of high's and low's like people described. The sound was neutral and muffled. So I went on forum and started reading reviews and stumbled across couple posts where people had problems with glued pads. I decided to see if that was the case with my pair and it was. Contacted Amazon and got a replacement. 
The replacement pair was Woox. The first thing I noticed different material on pads. They are shiny, firmer, and thicker. Once you put them on, they actually feel better than the Gibson pair. The Woox pair sounded better as well to my ears. It had more high and low tones, that sometimes I thought it had too much highs. Woox pair had glued pads as well, but they weren't as bad and I was able to remove them and put them back on. In my opinion Woox pair is made better compare to Gibson pair.
I thought I would share some pictures of Gibson and Woox headsets. 

Gibson on left and Woox on the right.

The rest on the pictures are Gibson pair

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #8,548 of 15,268
just out of curiosity, would it be safe to assume the manufacturer would correct these errors within the next build? I could be wrong but it seems odd (based solely on my findings through the forum) that it got better in some areas with its quality but worse in others? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back