Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 21, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #8,146 of 15,268
Hopefully those that requested replacements after the "investigation" concluded get something different and not the same problem batch.  If they turn out to be significantly different, then I'll probably request a replacement after others have chimed in since my metal trim seems to be getting worse and it's only been a few days lol.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #8,147 of 15,268
  Hopefully those that requested replacements after the "investigation" concluded get something different and not the same problem batch.  If they turn out to be significantly different, then I'll probably request a replacement after others have chimed in since my metal trim seems to be getting worse and it's only been a few days lol.

i see the ring you guys are talking about now.  That is a really bad design IMO.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #8,151 of 15,268
My impressions of fidelio x2 after 1 hr of listening;

I now begin to appreciate their sound. The bass is best i have heard so far. Mid range is also great. Also the cans seem to be somewhat open now compared to my earlier listening. But the treble extension is poor i think. While other genre's seem to fit with them, classical specifically does not sound good. I increased treble on my fiio e17k amp and now they sound much more detailed. I am able to easily distinguish each instrument now as compared to 0 treble setting. That said they sound amazing when treble boost is given, but still i was expecting more open sound-stage and great imaging. Anyways the pads are glued and i am going for replacement, these cans are too good to give up.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #8,152 of 15,268
I haven't heard the HD800, but it's notoriously difficult to power, unlike the X2. What kind of amp do you have? High impedance amps sometimes have issues with easy-to-drive headphones like the X2.

Sorry to answer the question with a question, but the amping requirements alone make these very different beasts.

I imagine they'd be wonderful complements, since they're so different.

I am using AK240 and Centrance HiFi-M8 now.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #8,153 of 15,268
My impressions of fidelio x2 after 1 hr of listening;

I now begin to appreciate their sound. The bass is best i have heard so far. Mid range is also great. Also the cans seem to be somewhat open now compared to my earlier listening. But the treble extension is poor i think. While other genre's seem to fit with them, classical specifically does not sound good. I increased treble on my fiio e17k amp and now they sound much more detailed. I am able to easily distinguish each instrument now as compared to 0 treble setting. That said they sound amazing when treble boost is given, but still i was expecting more open sound-stage and great imaging. Anyways the pads are glued and i am going for replacement, these cans are too good to give up.

Why are you going for a replacement if you like them?

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #8,154 of 15,268

Maybe because he likes them? 
wink_face.gif

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #8,156 of 15,268
Maybe because they're defective? lol

Did I miss a post from him? The glue dosnt stop anyone from removing them, just makes it a little tougher. Remove the pads, if it rips, send them back for replacement. If not, your good. Grab some goo gone to get rid of the residue on the poles if you want.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #8,157 of 15,268

These headphones are very beautifully built but there is only one issue that pads are not coming off. I have now option to replace them and i have contacted amazon they would provide me priority shipping on these internationally. i don't think though there would be sound difference in Gibbson or other models except i am not sure about the sound-stage maybe because i expected more. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #8,158 of 15,268
Did I miss a post from him? The glue dosnt stop anyone from removing them, just makes it a little tougher. Remove the pads, if it rips, send them back for replacement. If not, your good. Grab some goo gone to get rid of the residue on the poles if you want.

I guess some people are less picky, but to me that's not acceptable. If it's advertised that the pads are easily removable and they're not then that's defective. If I can get a pair that are perfect there's no need to settle for a bad pair.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #8,159 of 15,268
  Maybe because he likes them? 
wink_face.gif

yup i like them even though they don't sound as i expected on classical music but still very good allrounder and since this is my first headphone so i don't actually have anything to compare.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back