Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 16, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #7,505 of 15,268
Yeah - don't think the O2 is an ideal fit for me at least right now. For my first amp want it to do everything. Kinda think I should get an AMP/DAC - read a little about the Teac/Onkyo one and it seems to be an easy enough plug and play for iphone and portable. I love my Onkyo 905 av receiver. Anything else i should look at?

Of course if I have my head up my arse with any of these assumptions a gentle bi*%h slap is welcomed.

The iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC+Amp pairs brilliantly with the X2.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #7,506 of 15,268
Agreed. Anything longer than that is psychological, but maybe I just have coal ears.
biggrin.gif

Our brain needs some time to adapt to a new sound signature. It is common and normal, also the length of adaptation time individually varies. Actual 'burn in' of the equipment is extremely minimal, if exists at all.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #7,507 of 15,268
  ''Fidelio x2s sound great off the bat on any portable device (mobile, laptop)''

I know, you can read this at some places, but it is simply not true. X2 doesn't sound 'great' from any portable device. It sounds ok, or acceptable, in the best case. Despite of the low impedance they need a proper DAC or amp to sound as they were supposed to sound.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #7,510 of 15,268
Depends on your music. You like classical and maybe the HD600s just sound better for that. The X2s sound pretty good but not having the Sennheisers to compare it is tough to make the decision. But, having made the choices and sunk the costs, I would keep them at least for a while. Your listening will develop over time and would not want to wish you had them back, Always good for comparison too, They are reference headphones.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #7,511 of 15,268
I jumped Amazon deal and I just received mine this morning. I see some issue with the build quality. The small metal rings that are right next to the earpads and on the cups are clearly popping off in several paces.  It looks like the glue is not holding them. It is supposed to be brand new. Is this known issue?

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #7,514 of 15,268
To start off...  I just read through 64 "new posts" in this thread... Wow you guys got busy while Iw as sleeping....

Anyways, some people talk about burn in and such, is there somethign special we need to do?  I rather just listen to them, then to have them play by themselves very loud....?

Also, people keep talking about sources/dedicated stuff...  Currently I'm using a laptop, so I'm not sure if it will be any good.....

I would like to get an Amp/DAC ASAP.....  Idk what to get...  I don't want to do the Massdrop O2, and that's expensive anyways, so not sure if it's the best bet for what I want....

I'm excited but scared for tomorrow

Quote:

There is absolutely zero audible difference between FLAC and 320kbps. As for background hiss, it's indeed an issue with your source.

This is what one video said that was posted, but the comment also said that if a mp3 is 2mb a flac would be 10mb...  So I'm curious what 5x worth of data is doing, if it's "the same." It's obviously not the same, so what is 8mb of data doing...???????

I have my fourth pair out for delivery too, LOL. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Foruth x2's or fourth HPs!  Mine are comining tomorrow since I ordered them too late the other day :frowning2:.

It's a damn shame, because the warehouse it's coming from is a few hours from my house.

Amazon didn't ship it out yesterday..  They waited until today to overnight it to me... They always do this... It's like the warehouses don't care that they are spending Amazon's money....

I jumped Amazon deal and I just received mine this morning. I see some issue with the build quality. The small metal rings that are right next to the earpads and on the cups are clearly popping off in several paces.  It looks like the glue is not holding them. It is supposed to be brand new. Is this known issue?

One user reported he returned 2 pairs and all 3 of his pairs had it..

Is this an issue with sound quality or anythign.....????

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #7,515 of 15,268
Yes! Please do a review of X2 on ifi micro
smily_headphones1.gif

I pretty much want to know more about this pairing.

With iFi Nano it pairs very well. The Nano's 3D sound enhances the feel of space in a quality way. Also with some bassy music the optional extra bass adds even more fun to the music, without bleeding to the mids. Bass extends lower, and both quantity (optional) and quality improves. The impression is, the overall sound experience has improved with this amp. Better space, better imaging, better dynamics and separation.I imagine, it is similar with the Micro, maybe slightly even better. It is surprising, how well X2 scales, despite of being low impedance headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back