Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #7,471 of 15,268
After a night of burn in, I felt the bass is better, everything sounded easier, more natural, the highs are ok, could be more extended, but I like bright sound signature so it could be just me. But on certain songs like Adel and Sarah brightman, these Phillips are the best I've heard. The performers are there whipering to you, Spooky if you ask me.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #7,472 of 15,268
After a night of burn in, I felt the bass is better, everything sounded easier, more natural, the highs are ok, could be more extended, but I like bright sound signature so it could be just me. But on certain songs like Adel and Sarah brightman, these Phillips are the best I've heard. The performers are there whipering to you, Spooky if you ask me.

The X2 was the only headphone that had a clear change from burn in that I've owned. I usually attribute it to brain burn in, but not with these.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #7,473 of 15,268
  Yeah, i had follow this thread for a very long time and saw only few guys pair X2 with tube amp, seems like people don't think about pairing X2 with a tube amp. The only tube amp i remember appeared in this thread is a Little Dot.
tongue.gif

Yeah tubes are generally more recommended with higher impedance headphones. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #7,474 of 15,268

Yeah tubes are generally more recommended with higher impedance headphones. 

The new Schiit Vali 2 might change all that.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #7,476 of 15,268
In my experience playing with speakers, burn in is real for certain type of transducer, but it only take an hour or so to fully warmed up and stretch the rubber surroundings. It normally lower the natural resonance by as few hertz. So it may apply here too.

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #7,477 of 15,268
In my experience playing with speakers, burn in is real for certain type of transducer, but it only take an hour or so to fully warmed up and stretch the rubber surroundings. It normally lower the natural resonance by as few hertz. So it may apply here too.

Agreed. Anything longer than that is psychological, but maybe I just have coal ears. :D

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #7,481 of 15,268
Mine just landed on my door step - thanks Amazon Prime - plugged them in into my computer and turned them up and then turned them up full volume and then tried to find another way to turn them up - looks like i'm gonna need an amp. They sounded great though. Lows and highs were def present mids in the back ground a little - just more subdued. Gonna try them on my B&K when i get home. Amp suggestions are welcomed - criteria: <$200, portable and easily connected to idevices (phone and pod) and PC laptop. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #7,483 of 15,268
Mine just landed on my door step - thanks Amazon Prime - plugged them in into my computer and turned them up and then turned them up full volume and then tried to find another way to turn them up - looks like i'm gonna need an amp. They sounded great though. Lows and highs were def present mids in the back ground a little - just more subdued. Gonna try them on my B&K when i get home. Amp suggestions are welcomed - criteria: <$200, portable and easily connected to idevices (phone and pod) and PC laptop. 

All you'll ever need (unless you get a craving for tubes):

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-odac?

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #7,484 of 15,268
All you'll ever need (unless you get a craving for tubes):

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-odac?

Does it work with I-devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back