Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jun 24, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #5,071 of 15,268
  Guys, will the 6 KhZ terrible drop become normal after burn-in?Because I am not a basshead boy.

6000hz is more upper midrange. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #5,073 of 15,268
Update. Received my replacement set. Good news is my left ear doesn't rest against the plastic inner piece so my ear doesn't go numb and fatigued having to move the earcup for comfort. All back to normal. Now we just wait for the grey earpads. :p

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #5,075 of 15,268
What's the deal about grey ear pads?

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #5,076 of 15,268
  Update. Received my replacement set. Good news is my left ear doesn't rest against the plastic inner piece so my ear doesn't go numb and fatigued having to move the earcup for comfort. All back to normal. Now we just wait for the grey earpads. :p

Just out of curiosity, how many sets of x2s have you returned ?

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #5,078 of 15,268
hey guys, im about to pull the trigger on the X2, i own a Grado SR225i, and im looking for a complement headphones, because i love the mids on the grados, i saw alot of reviews that these HP have a really good Soundstage-imaging, so it could be really good with classical, soundtracks, gaming and movies right? thats what grados lacks.. also on the jazz department when the band has 5+ players.. i already have a really good dac, the Bifrost uber, and i have an Little Dot i+ Amp really pimped. i really want to know because at first i was aiming for a beyerdynamics T1 but it was a really big squeeze to my wallet, so if i can save money and still have the 3d experience im looking for that will be great

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #5,079 of 15,268
  hey guys, im about to pull the trigger on the X2, i own a Grado SR225i, and im looking for a complement headphones, because i love the mids on the grados, i saw alot of reviews that these HP have a really good Soundstage-imaging, so it could be really good with classical, soundtracks, gaming and movies right? thats what grados lacks.. also on the jazz department when the band has 5+ players.. i already have a really good dac, the Bifrost uber, and i have an Little Dot i+ Amp really pimped. i really want to know because at first i was aiming for a beyerdynamics T1 but it was a really big squeeze to my wallet, so if i can save money and still have the 3d experience im looking for that will be great

I don't think you would regret buying the x2, excellent all-rounder and compliment to Grado.

These definitely get the most head time out of my ad2000x, grado 325is and x2. 

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #5,080 of 15,268

What grey earpads are you refering to?
How to get them? Because i'm searching a par of replacement pads for them, which i can't find anywhere. Sometime they will need ones eventually.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #5,082 of 15,268
My Concero HP sounds frecking awesome with my X2's :D To much power for them though, only use it around 15% on the windows slider max. Normal listening is around 10-12%

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #5,084 of 15,268
Are you guys talking about the extra bass pads? I'm slightly curious about those.

Oh, and if you're going to get an X2, I just wanna tell you that these...have...so much bass!
basshead.gif
I can see why Tyll calls them basshead cans for audiophiles.

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #5,085 of 15,268
  (...) and still have the 3d experience im looking for that will be great

I haven't tried many headphones. I can assure that, in terms of soundstage, X2 > DT770 (closed back), but I wouldn't say that X2 is... that good. DT880 have a wider soundstage while X2 is more tall/deep. With my setup, it sounds right but nothing extraordinary. You might wanna try the Q701 or similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back