Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 10, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3,256 of 15,268
  Do any of you know if there is any way to expedite stuff with this Ebay Seller? Waiting until the estimated delivery date of Feb 27th really screws me over. He hasn't responded to any messages at all and I even tried pulling his phone number from paypal but it goes straight to voice mail. Just wanna cancel the transaction and be done with it and try to find a different way to get these headphones.

File a claim with paypal citing everything that's going on. Seller pulled all items from ebay, won't answer emails, won't answer or return phone calls, ect. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #3,257 of 15,268
I got a Fidelio X2 last week and I like it quite a bit so far, however sibilance on a couple of tracks is bothering me.
Some examples would be:

ABBA: "Take a chance on me" (from the 1992 "Gold: Greatest Hits" CD) - very noticeable in the passage "we can go dancing, we can go walking, as long as we're together ... listen to some music, maybe just talking"

Funta: "S-U-K-I" (J-Pop from the Popotan E.P. CD) - noticeable e.g. in the word "kiss" and when the title of the song is spelled out letter by letter

I tried the X2 both connected directly to the headphone output of a Squeezebox Touch as well as via the headphone output of a Yamaha RX-V459 AV Reciever with pretty much the same effect.

Now I am wondering ... is there a way to mitigate this without detracting from the X2's overall sound quality?
"Before/after" comparisons with one of the affected songs would be most useful.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #3,258 of 15,268
Just filed a paypal dispute, will escalate to claim ASAP. Thanks for the help. If this doesn't work I guess I will wait for the ebay buyer protection as awful as that wait is. Money is tight right now, you know how it is. Really hoping for quick resolution.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #3,259 of 15,268

Just filed a paypal dispute, will escalate to claim ASAP. Thanks for the help. If this doesn't work I guess I will wait for the ebay buyer protection as awful as that wait is. Money is tight right now, you know how it is. Really hoping for quick resolution.

Let me know how that goes, I was originally planning on waiting till the shipping date passed.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #3,260 of 15,268
Some people really seem to take sibilance onboard, i must be a lucky one. Never had a headphone seem to bright for me, nor have sibilance affect me.

Also hope most of you ebay buyers get a refund.. Definitely wondered why those headphones looked to good to be true.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,261 of 15,268

Let me know how it goes, I guess if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Shame though, as he had good reviews and people were receiving them when they were £180.

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #3,262 of 15,268
The Topping NX1 amp I ordered last week arrived, and it sounds pretty great with my X2. Can't believe this only costed 50$. Metal build, no channel imbalance (not even at the lowest volume), plenty of power, incredibly low output impedance... I'm impressed.

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #3,263 of 15,268
I got a Fidelio X2 last week and I like it quite a bit so far, however sibilance on a couple of tracks is bothering me.
Some examples would be:

ABBA: "Take a chance on me" (from the 1992 "Gold: Greatest Hits" CD) - very noticeable in the passage "we can go dancing, we can go walking, as long as we're together ... listen to some music, maybe just talking"

Funta: "S-U-K-I" (J-Pop from the Popotan E.P. CD) - noticeable e.g. in the word "kiss" and when the title of the song is spelled out letter by letter

I tried the X2 both connected directly to the headphone output of a Squeezebox Touch as well as via the headphone output of a Yamaha RX-V459 AV Reciever with pretty much the same effect.

Now I am wondering ... is there a way to mitigate this without detracting from the X2's overall sound quality?

I listened to those two tracks on youtube so maybe the lower quality changes things some, but I only got a tiny bit of sibilance and certainly not enough to be bothersome. When I first got mine there were tracks that got so hot they hurt my ears. Now a month later those some tracks are smooth as butta.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #3,264 of 15,268
I recommend this album to all X2 owners, shows the capabilities of X2. Bass, treble, transients, it's all there. :) 16 Bit Lolitas is my favourite.

http://www.amazon.com/Anjunabeats-11-Above-Beyond/dp/B00JL9LS0W/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423605907&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=anjuna+beats+11

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #3,265 of 15,268
I recommend this album to all X2 owners, shows the capabilities of X2. Bass, treble, transients, it's all there. :) 16 Bit Lolitas is my favourite.

http://www.amazon.com/Anjunabeats-11-Above-Beyond/dp/B00JL9LS0W/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423605907&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=anjuna+beats+11

You should then give a listen to "We are all we need", A&B new artist album... :wink:

Cheers.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #3,266 of 15,268
Some examples would be:

Hi

After about ~70hours of burn in the sligh sibilance is still here (with neutral sources).
What about the bass-bump? Do you like it?

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #3,267 of 15,268
Some examples would be:

No sibilance for me. But maybe I'm not sensitive to it. Although I had it quite a bit here and there with my 990's.
Maybe give them some more time, they do settle a bit.
I'm using an E17 btw, maybe that helps? Not sure.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #3,268 of 15,268
Haven't seen a response to my first post yet, so re-posting this...
I love my X2s, but unfortunately have come across a physical issue with them - The hex-bolt attachments at the base of the headband are starting to come loose - they look like they can be tightened, but disassembly looks a bit tricky.  Might you have any access to resources available (assembly drawings, insight, etc...) for assisting in self-servicing these bad boys?  Shot in the dark here, but figured your place held some hope with at least a point in the right direction to tackle this issue.  I also have high-mag photos of this issue exposed if you're interested.  Thank you!
Cheers,
-Matt

P.S. - I'd love to post a high-magnification photo of this issue for you all to see, but I don't have permission to do so - anyone know how I can get permission?

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #3,269 of 15,268
  Haven't seen a response to my first post yet, so re-posting this...
I love my X2s, but unfortunately have come across a physical issue with them - The hex-bolt attachments at the base of the headband are starting to come loose - they look like they can be tightened, but disassembly looks a bit tricky.  Might you have any access to resources available (assembly drawings, insight, etc...) for assisting in self-servicing these bad boys?  Shot in the dark here, but figured your place held some hope with at least a point in the right direction to tackle this issue.  I also have high-mag photos of this issue exposed if you're interested.  Thank you!
Cheers,
-Matt

P.S. - I'd love to post a high-magnification photo of this issue for you all to see, but I don't have permission to do so - anyone know how I can get permission?

You need to make a few more posts to start posting pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back