Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Jun 28, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #886 of 1,061
I have the x2 and like their sound, I'm now looking for iems with an similar sounding maybe a bit more bass. I found the vsd3 (poorly avaible in Germany only as import) and the havi b3 pro 1. So will the havi match my needs? Or any other recommendations? Budget is about 80€

I own the Fidelio X1 and the Fidelio S2. I bought the S2s to have the X1s sound on the go and got it. The S2s have a little less bass in comparison but that can be corrected by equalizer. The S2s in white are 99.97 Euros at amazon.de (I am from Germany, too). The Fidelio S1s cost only 68 Euros. Tyll at innerfidelity tested both the S1s and S2s and found them very simililar soundwise. The S1s ship without the premium Comply TS-200 memory foam though but that can bought separately.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #887 of 1,061
Great little Ear-buds =-D

Jun 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #888 of 1,061

I own the Fidelio X1 and the Fidelio S2. I bought the S2s to have the X1s sound on the go and got it. The S2s have a little less bass in comparison but that can be corrected by equalizer. The S2s in white are 99.97 Euros at amazon.de (I am from Germany, too). The Fidelio S1s cost only 68 Euros. Tyll at innerfidelity tested both the S1s and S2s and found them very simililar soundwise. The S1s ship without the premium Comply TS-200 memory foam though but that can bought separately.

Oh a fellow German :D
I read a bit more and ordered the havis and try the less bassier sound. The s2 are a bit too expensive as an all round iem and at home I have my x2's.
If I don't like the havis I will give them to a friend of mine as a gift, who listen acoustic and classic music but spent all money in her other hobby ,books (student)
And will order the s2 or s1 for me.

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #890 of 1,061
If you should decide to buy the S2 you may look at ebay. There are some unused exihibition pieces (Ausstellungsstücke) with full garanty for just over 70 Euros.

Ok thats a really good price, I paid 57€ for the havi.

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #891 of 1,061
I just wanted to share my point of view here as well. To my ears the X2 and the S2 don't sound very similar . The Havis do sound more similar despite its lacking bass impact . I think that if one is fine with the quite lean bass on the Havis one will get a lot of enjoyment from them. Fwiw I find the Havis to outperform the S2's in every area except the mentioned bass impact YMMV, etc yada yada :wink:

Edit: I just wanted to add that I do think that the S2 is a very good IEM, I just think the the Havis is even better......

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #892 of 1,061
I just wanted to share my point of view here as well. To my ears the X2 and the S2 don't sound very similar . The Havis do sound more similar despite its lacking bass impact . I think that if one is fine with the quite lean bass on the Havis one will get a lot of enjoyment from them. Fwiw I find the Havis to outperform the S2's in every area except the mentioned bass impact YMMV, etc yada yada :wink:

Edit: I just wanted to add that I do think that the S2 is a very good IEM, I just think the the Havis is even better......

Ok good to hear. They should arrive in a few days. And I will see how well my nano and phone drive them.
you have the havis too, have you heard it with the fiio e06 or the small brainwaves amp? I think of buying a small amp in the future to drain less battery of the phone and drive the havi better on the go (probably a sansa clip sport to as my other players have to less storage)

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #893 of 1,061
Ok good to hear. They should arrive in a few days. And I will see how well my nano and phone drive them.
you have the havis too, have you heard it with the fiio e06 or the small brainwaves amp? I think of buying a small amp in the future to drain less battery of the phone and drive the havi better on the go (probably a sansa clip sport to as my other players have to less storage)

I've got the Fiio E05 and the Brainwavz AP001 but its been a long time since I tried any of them with the Havis as I've got other apms that I like more. I'll see if I can find the time to test them with the Havis in the near future but things are pretty hectic right now since I leave for vacation this Friday so no promises :wink:

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #894 of 1,061
I've got the Fiio E05 and the Brainwavz AP001 but its been a long time since I tried any of them with the Havis as I've got other apms that I like more. I'll see if I can find the time to test them with the Havis in the near future but things are pretty hectic right now since I leave for vacation this Friday so no promises :wink:

Ok that would be nice, and no need for hectic. I will use it the first time with my nano or phone with faux sound.
Enjoy your holidays!

Jun 29, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #895 of 1,061

Thanks Peter for providing this information :wink:

I wanted to add that Sansa and Havi are not good friends unless you add a Topping NX1 or similar amp to the chain (if you want a cheap amp). I never liked E5 and AP001 as small amps. Sold both... Kept the NX1. Please check the amp and source matches/mismatches section in the first page of Havi B3Pro1 impressions thread. Since the original thread is locked you may direct your further questions in the second B3P1 thread. Good luck and congrats on your new purchase. B3P1 is still my favorite iem after 1.5 years. But you need some tip rolling and amp matching...

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #896 of 1,061
Thanks Peter for providing this information :wink:

I wanted to add that Sansa and Havi are not good friends unless you add a Topping NX1 or similar amp to the chain (if you want a cheap amp). I never liked E5 and AP001 as small amps. Sold both... Kept the NX1. Please check the amp and source matches/mismatches section in the first page of Havi B3Pro1 impressions thread. Since the original thread is locked you may direct your further questions in the second B3P1 thread. Good luck and congrats on your new purchase. B3P1 is still my favorite iem after 1.5 years. But you need some tip rolling and amp matching...

Hey, no problem my friend.

Your description of the Sansa, AP001 and E05 mirrors my memory from the pairing as well.

Also +1 for the NX1!

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #897 of 1,061
Received the havi right Now, First listen at with highest phoneamp setting sounds really good straight out the phone. And I can't say they have to less bass.

Edit: they need more power than the x2's
I'm curious to see how they sound after Brun in.
All future post I will post in havi thread.

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #898 of 1,061
hello i want to ask for competitive gaming purposes is this better than the ATH AD700x? these are on discount right now on a local store and is almost the same price as the 700x only 20$ more expensive which one should i get?

thanks in advance:)

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #899 of 1,061
Thanks for a great review @Baycode,

I have seen in other threads that you also own a Topping NX1. Would you say it's a good amp for the X2?

My source would be an iPad mini 2 and a Sansa Fuze. I've been considering buying a $70 Massdrop O2 amp, but have a feeling it's a bit overkill for these supposedly easy to drive phones.

I'm mainly looking, besides an analog volume control, for controlled bass and unobtrusive highs.

Any input highly appreciated!

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #900 of 1,061
Thanks for a great review @Baycode,

I have seen in other threads that you also own a Topping NX1. Would you say it's a good amp for the X2?

My source would be an iPad mini 2 and a Sansa Fuze. I've been considering buying a $70 Massdrop O2 amp, but have a feeling it's a bit overkill for these supposedly easy to drive phones.

I'm mainly looking, besides an analog volume control, for controlled bass and unobtrusive highs.

Any input highly appreciated!
The cheapest way to go is downloading the IOS Relisten app for your iPad mini, more you don't need with your X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back