Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
May 8, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #856 of 1,061
Thanks to your wonderful spot on review Baycode mate. I seriously would never have investigated these cans if not for that one passionate post! The cans are burning in nicely as im pink noising overnite then listening thru the day lol. But they sound great from the beginning. Cheers to ya fella!

Thanks for your kind words, really happy to read that!

Cheers mate :)

May 9, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #857 of 1,061
These really do open up with some burn in. 48 hours and the sound is still settling. Dont know or care if it's brain or can burn in. I'm gonna stop pinky noisying em now and carry on listening only, as you can actually hear them change! Its kinda fun and eye opening. Listening just now to Daft Punk's phenomenal Random Access Memories 24 bit version - jeez the bass and sub bass is simply perfect for my taste. The final track in particular is bonkers..but the X2 gives me all the layered noise on it. And oh yes the sub bass I can truly feel. Phenomenal sub bass output when its there on the recording! I really dunno if my Asgard 2 wasnt powering my Senn 650 properly at its 300 - 500ohm impedence. Because the X2 at 30ohms is really on another planet played thru the Asgard 2, in terms of sheer power, weight and scale. As well as most everything else. Its effortless.

May 10, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #858 of 1,061
Someone should listen to them for 10 mins see what you think, then leave them playing music for a few days and try them again.

If they sound the same as you remember then its brain burn in, if they sound better then headphone burn in is real. 

I might try that with mine but it would be hard to have headphones sitting there playing music and not using them.  

May 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #859 of 1,061
Someone should listen to them for 10 mins see what you think, then leave them playing music for a few days and try them again.

If they sound the same as you remember then its brain burn in, if they sound better then headphone burn in is real. 

I might try that with mine but it would be hard to have headphones sitting there playing music and not using them.  

Then if ur first impression was negative. Your brain will maxmize the effect, and when you check them again, you think oh! They are not as bad, they are actually fine. They must hv improved and burn in must be real. I hv been there u knw, with the X2 themselves. Then when I bought the second pair of x2 and the second was exactly the same, I knew it was all brain burn-in. (Actually the second pair had a tad more bass, like %5 more)
But then even after I hv used fr very long now. +300 hrs, they still hv tht more bass. So basically no change in sound whatsoever.

May 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #861 of 1,061
Great review, I am also very satisfied with the sound of the x2.
 I'm only looking for a shorter cable, which does not affect the quality of the sound

In the Forza Audioworks thread, a member bought this custom cable to X2. You can always check it out. http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/ef/ef56ad0f_4qOvHyy.jpeg

I just tapatalked!

May 20, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #866 of 1,061
  Can anybody recommend a braided cable that's just over 1M for the X2? 

UK website or link if possible please.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764796/norne-audio-vanquish-cable-for-philips-fidelio-x2-or-x1-or-any-headphone-with-3-5mm-input-3ft

May 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #867 of 1,061
  Can anybody recommend a braided cable that's just over 1M for the X2? 

UK website or link if possible please.

Not in the UK, but I just got a cable for my X2 from Best In the Verse Cables (http://www.bestintheversecables.com/).  I got a 4 foot cable in black and charcoal grey and it looks gorgeous.  

Fair warning though, very long lead time on getting the cables (6 - 8 weeks) but worth the wait IMO.

May 20, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #868 of 1,061
  Not in the UK, but I just got a cable for my X2 from Best In the Verse Cables (http://www.bestintheversecables.com/).  I got a 4 foot cable in black and charcoal grey and it looks gorgeous.  

Fair warning though, very long lead time on getting the cables (6 - 8 weeks) but worth the wait IMO.

Could you post a picture?  And how much was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back