Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
May 25, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #874 of 1,061
  a 4' cable? You going to try to use these things as portables? After reading Tyll's measurements of 9db broadband isolation I dreamed of doing such a thing as well :)

Nope.  I listen to the X2 while working or watching videos at my desk.  I'm not more than 2.5 ft from my DAC/Amp so I don't need anything longer than 4 ft.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #877 of 1,061
  Thanks for the review, i recently buy one and for the moment i am very happy with the X2

You're welcome, nice to hear this
beerchug.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #879 of 1,061
Hi guys first time poster. I just purchased a pair of these today after the glowing op review and I was in the market anyways. Was going to go with Sen 650's but decided on these based on the more liveliness of these cans.
My question is, I have a Sound Blaster ZxR that has the built in headphone amp. I also have the Mangi 2 from Schitt. Was wondering what you all though would be the better one to use.
I am guessing since these are low powered that the amp in the ZxR should be good to go as I believe it has a higher SnR then the Schitt.
Also, I am coming from Senn 363D PC Gaming Cans. These X2's I am guessing will sound a helluva lot better.

Thanks

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #880 of 1,061
X2 paired with the fiio X3ii is heavenly
:beyersmile:

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #881 of 1,061
I have the x2 and like their sound, I'm now looking for iems with an similar sounding maybe a bit more bass. I found the vsd3 (poorly avaible in Germany only as import) and the havi b3 pro 1. So will the havi match my needs? Or any other recommendations? Budget is about 80€

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #882 of 1,061
I have the x2 and like their sound, I'm now looking for iems with an similar sounding maybe a bit more bass. I found the vsd3 (poorly avaible in Germany only as import) and the havi b3 pro 1. So will the havi match my needs? Or any other recommendations? Budget is about 80€

Havi B3P1 is a spectacular iem but the bass is lesser than X2. One of the similar sounding iem (to X2) in my collection is the Audio Technica CKR9 but I dont like its shape and fitting. Also soundstage is not huge like Havi. If you need that bass you may check Ostry KC06A, VSD3S and I have a cheaper suggestion: try KZ ED9 and KZ ATE. They sell around 10-15 Usd from Aliexpress and ebay. Worth every penny and punches much more... I found that the sound is on the 60-100 Usd iems level.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #883 of 1,061

For 80 Euro almost impossible to have the X2 Sound in an In Ear, the closest would be, the Grado IGI at 89 Euro. The Fidelio s2 if you can find them at 99 Euro,might come closest.

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #884 of 1,061
Thanks.
I look if I can get one of them for a good price (not easy in Germany the most send from Hong Kong etc. Which make it more expensive because of tax, shipping..) otherwise I will maybe try the havis (if they really have to less bass I will gave them to a good friend of mine who listen classic music)

I read a lot good things about the a73, but they aren't avaible in German shops only the a83 which are to expensive for gym/sport/subway use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back