Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Jan 24, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #781 of 1,061
Thanks for that info. Do those hm5 pads just fit over the earcups as is, or did you need to do any mods first (just wondering exactly how you fit an oval peg onto a round hole)?
Cheers.

HM5 earpads fits over the headphone (lips of the earpads actually). It doesnt require modding but you'll need a bike tire lever (plastic) because it is hard to fit :wink: Did you see my earpad fitting guide?

Alternatively you can cut a circular Creatology foam and stick it on the bottom of the HM5 earpads. Then you can punch 4 holes for the pins to enter this foam. In this mod you dont have to fit the earpad lips over the X2 (this mod is shared by ThurstonX ,check this post for how to: http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/1485#post_11100599

and this post for the finished mod with HM5 earpads (red ring creatology used earpads are hm5, black creatology used one is X2 earpad with creatology foam mod:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/2295#post_11210502).

Also, the oval shape of the HM5 earpad becomes circular once you fit the lips over the headohone (did you check the photos in my HM5 earpad review?).

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #782 of 1,061
I did see the pictures you posted on your hm5 pads review (actually where I posted the question about the x2 earcup size), but was still a little uncertain about how they were holdng on (a pic where they were half installed might have helped, but don't worry about trying to get me one).
The phones I have are HP150 (or will have when they arrive), and just wanted to have a size comparision with the x2 so I could figure if the hm5 pads will fit on them. I figure if the sizes are similar and the pads attach in the same way, they should work. There's been some comments on the hp-150 thread about using the hm5 pads, but was looking for a bit more info about size, and fitment.
I do imagine they would need to stretch a fair bit and the tire lever is a great suggestion to reduce the chance of ripping - esp. with the velour.
Cheers

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #783 of 1,061
You posted the question in the review page, huh, how could I forgot checking there :/ I went crazy while searching my Mailbox over and over again and couldn't figure out how its lost :p Ok, now its good to hear that I could reach you :)

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #785 of 1,061
  Is it an open or closed headphone?

Title says it (second row):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/729413/philips-fidelio-x2-a-review-by-baycode

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #787 of 1,061

Oh, didn't even notice that, huehue.

Saw this on Amazon and I got confused.

Thanks for bringing Amazon to my attention.

X2 with Noise cancellation!!!  
gs1000.gif

HE400 also listed there with "noise cancellation" feature.   Fidelio  X1: "noise isolating"!  Wow, What an informative page is that.... 

Also the price seems rocketed for X2. It was 299 USD when I last check it on Amazon. Now 377USD.

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #788 of 1,061
^^ I saw the Amazon price also. I think that Amazon is out of the x2 and this price is offered by another seller. Hopefully the price will level back out once Amazon shows them back in stock and sold by them. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #789 of 1,061
^^ I saw the Amazon price also. I think that Amazon is out of the x2 and this price is offered by another seller. Hopefully the price will level back out once Amazon shows them back in stock and sold by them. 

You can still place your order through Amazon for the 299.99 with free shipping and they won't charge your card until your order is sent. Ha, sucks cause I was waiting til this week to order so hopefully they are back in stock soon, I'd love to have them by the weekend

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #790 of 1,061
You can still place your order through Amazon for the 299.99 with free shipping and they won't charge your card until your order is sent. Ha, sucks cause I was waiting til this week to order so hopefully they are back in stock soon, I'd love to have them by the weekend

Still have to pay Taxes :frowning2:

Better off with eBay.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #793 of 1,061
Since Amazon is out of stock and not shipping them for 21-36 Days now, is there anywhere else to pick these up?  I haven't been able to find anywhere else yet.

I contacted Amazon to see if they would be stocking them again and they weren't sure.  They said that the 21-36 Days takes into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, pack it, and prepare it for shipment. So they are essentially ordering them from Philips as the orders come in.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #794 of 1,061
  Since Amazon is out of stock and not shipping them for 21-36 Days now, is there anywhere else to pick these up?  I haven't been able to find anywhere else yet.

I contacted Amazon to see if they would be stocking them again and they weren't sure.  They said that the 21-36 Days takes into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, pack it, and prepare it for shipment. So they are essentially ordering them from Philips as the orders come in.

Not intending to be a jerk or anything but can folks refrain from double posting the same questions on both the general X2 thread and this review thread?  It's kind of spammy and people read both threads, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back