Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Oct 27, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #362 of 1,061

I wonder why they switch around the dates so much? But good to know it will arrive next week :), im jelly

I expecting same amount of bass, but pick up lower frequencies more, more forward mids, and a bit higher highs by looking at the graphs. Hopefully I'm not entirely disappointed. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #363 of 1,061
Yeah I think comparisons make it very difficult depending on what headphone signature you have been listening to and like you say brain burn in takes a little while. I find now it's best to listen to one headphone for a while and then see which you prefer.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #366 of 1,061
Well, it is possible that any decent quality low impedance cable will work the same as X2 cable.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #367 of 1,061
There are many cheap and low-impedance quality OFC cables out there. Read backwards through X1 thread and You should find some suggestions. I did my own cable (http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1178127/van-damme-pro-grade-classic-xke-pro-patch-pvc-jacket-removed-and-sleeved-with-tmc-paracord-rean-neutrik-nys231bg-3-5mm-jack-neutrik-ntp3rc-b-right-angled-3-5mm-jack/sort/display_order/) which fits perfect for X1 soundwise. Tightens bass & kick and makes sound littlebit clearer/transparent. My X1 stock cable had ridiculously high-impedance and made bass loose and sound overly warm/muddy. But some stock cable seem ok though. X1 cable quality is very vary and I hope they won`t make that mistake with X2 again. 

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #368 of 1,061
Maybe. I've read that any low impedence cable would work but it's not that simple. So far I've tried my other sons aviator cable, the Fisual S-Flex cable and Koss Pro DJ200 cable. They do improve the bass but they lose the smoothness of the Fidelio cables. I don't own a high quality custom cable so I don't know how that would affect the sound or how it compares to the X2 cable.

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #369 of 1,061
Yeah, I have also read some impressions from users buying quality flat cables and even quite pricey OFC cables and not having so good result as with some other unknown brand cheap cables. X1 seems quite picky with cables. But enough of X1... this is X2 thread and I tend to forget it all the time.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #370 of 1,061
  I expecting same amount of bass, but pick up lower frequencies more, more forward mids, and a bit higher highs by looking at the graphs. Hopefully I'm not entirely disappointed. 
smily_headphones1.gif

That is pretty much what I am hearing from a quick comparison, hope to spend some more time comparing them in the next few days. But I also just got the T90 and I am easily destracted :wink:.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #371 of 1,061
Happy Hamlet, what is Your source gear? And do You use any amping? Let X2 properly "burn-in" and X1 also if it hasn`t already. Waiting for Your comparing between X1 & X2!

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #372 of 1,061
I received my x2's from amazon uk a week and a half ago, along with my Valhalla 2 and fiio tashcam d3.

Got the headphones as an upgrade for my mdr v6 and k530's, and I have to say at first they didn't so that much better but after a week of burn in they are sounding better.

They really need an recording to give them a chance to shine, but usually they're not all that much better than my k530's amplified.  I'm quite used to cold headphones and they don't feel all that much warmer, but the bass is amazing, even outdoes my v6's while having a massive sound stage and remaining clear.
They are surprisingly balanced and not tiring. Clamp was uncomfortable at first with the velour pads, but I've worn them in and now I don't notice them on anymore. 

The build quality is really impressive, feels nice to have the product look like it cost me 250 quid.  The packaging was horrid tho, even v6 had wayyy better packaging. 

My only real complaint is the cable.
While it's nice low impendence, good quality durable cable and all, the adapter is quite bad and loose. It's not a screw on either.

If anyone could recommend me a nice cable which has 1/8 on one end and 1/4 on the other or just two 3.5mm with screw on adapter, that would make my day.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #373 of 1,061
I received my x2's from amazon uk a week and a half ago, along with my Valhalla 2 and fiio tashcam d3.

Got the headphones as an upgrade for my mdr v6 and k530's, and I have to say at first they didn't so that much better but after a week of burn in they are sounding better.

They really need an recording to give them a chance to shine, but usually they're not all that much better than my k530's amplified.  I'm quite used to cold headphones and they don't feel all that much warmer, but the bass is amazing, even outdoes my v6's while having a massive sound stage and remaining clear.
They are surprisingly balanced and not tiring. Clamp was uncomfortable at first with the velour pads, but I've worn them in and now I don't notice them on anymore. 

The build quality is really impressive, feels nice to have the product look like it cost me 250 quid.  The packaging was horrid tho, even v6 had wayyy better packaging. 

My only real complaint is the cable.
While it's nice low impendence, good quality durable cable and all, the adapter is quite bad and loose. It's not a screw on either.

If anyone could recommend me a nice cable which has 1/8 on one end and 1/4 on the other or just two 3.5mm with screw on adapter, that would make my day.

I am in the UK and wonder if your X2 had the extra bass earpads included in the box?

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #375 of 1,061
I don't think those pads are included with any X2, mine neither. If they are genuine they will be possibly an optional buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back