Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back
Aug 3, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #346 of 367
  Selling my white S2.  PM if interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/775166/kef-m200-philips-fidelio-s2-zero-audio-carbo-singolo

I'm dropping the price every Monday until it sells.

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #347 of 367
Been reading the whole thread, but I am a bit on the fence. My re-400s broke, and I have a pair of vsd3s with a removable cable, which are very fun and robust but whose build I am just very suspicious of (the left earpiece is already finnicky). I want to buy something sturdy, with great soundstage, and smooth balanced presentation and extension. 

I have been wondering about the S1, S2, and the new Sennheiser Momentums. I would love to see some comparisons between these three, and/or the re-400s or vsd3s.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks!

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #348 of 367
  Been reading the whole thread, but I am a bit on the fence. My re-400s broke, and I have a pair of vsd3s with a removable cable, which are very fun and robust but whose build I am just very suspicious of (the left earpiece is already finnicky). I want to buy something sturdy, with great soundstage, and smooth balanced presentation and extension. 

I have been wondering about the S1, S2, and the new Sennheiser Momentums. I would love to see some comparisons between these three, and/or the re-400s or vsd3s.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks!

I recommend asking Joker in his thread, as I'm pretty sure he has heard all these IEMs you've mentioned. Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-343-iems-compared-xiaomi-piston-3-added-09-13-15-p-1082/16245

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #350 of 367
Zombie thread...

Now that these are around 99 bucks, are the S2 worth getting over the GR07 or the RE400 ?

Weird question

But let's see, joker gave s2 a 9/10 rating when the price is 149

9 x 149 / 99 = 13.54

The value rating is now off the chart

I suggest you buy them in bulk, say 10k

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #351 of 367
  Zombie thread...

Now that these are around 99 bucks, are the S2 worth getting over the GR07 or the RE400 ?

I preferred S2 over GR07 (too sibilant) and RE400 (not enough bass slam)

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #352 of 367
I didn't like the S2 sound straight out of the box. Currently burning them in. From what I've read it seems that they benefit greatly from burn-in.

The comfort is also worse than the SE215 (which I'm coming from). Hopefully I can get used to this.

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #353 of 367
  I didn't like the S2 sound straight out of the box. Currently burning them in. From what I've read it seems that they benefit greatly from burn-in.

The comfort is also worse than the SE215 (which I'm coming from). Hopefully I can get used to this.

Yes, they benefit from burning in. They also scale well with better amp / dac.
Hope you like yours!

May 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #355 of 367
So I ordered a refurb s2 for $60, Is that good deal it's the white one

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #358 of 367
I've been enjoying the S2's for about a year now, but I have been experiencing difficulties with the whole shallow fit design. All the stock tips just didn't seem to fit right and slid out when I was active. My solution was to get comply foam tips,only larger than normal for me. The T200 in the larger (I normally take medium for tips) variant proved the best match and all my issues are now gone. Maybe this tip will help people who are struggling to get a good fit with these great iems.

I also have a spare light blue Fidelio S2, which I'm selling. Bought it cheapish in januari (this year) and the box hasn't been opened. Its not up for sale in the forum (yet). Drop me a pm if interested.

Edit: I sold the S2 to a Headfi member.

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #359 of 367
I'll find out for myself tomorrow, but wonder if the Westone star tip kit will work with these to increase insertion depth...

Looking forward to finding out :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #360 of 367
Wow, after fiddling around with my tip collection, I settled on the large Monster white foamies, and - with this snug fit - I have to say that I'm really impressed with the S2 - Had them in my Amazon basket a few times in the past couple of years - wish I'd have purchased them long before now!

Funny how things turn around, I'm falling back in love with dynamic IEMs, and relegating my Laylas to back up duties - not quite sure how that works in the real world, but - it works in my head, and - my ears :)

Edit - Is this marketing BS or are there two distinct versions of the S2?

S2 original specs:

Sensitivity
107dB
Frequency response
15-24,000Hz
Impedence
22 ohms
Plug type
3.5mm headset jack plug
Inline volume
No
Weight
14g
Cable length
1.20m

S2KB specs:

Frequency response
5–40 000  Hz
Sensitivity
107  dB
Speaker diameter
13.5  mm
Maximum power input
40  mW
Impedance
22  ohm
Acoustic system
Semi-closed

The box my KB version came in had stickers (not very elegantly) stuck on the box, and in the instruction manual on the relevant sections covering over the specifications, with lthe 'higher' spec version... - Wonder if this is just so that they can stick the 'hi-res' sticker on the box, or if there is a genuine difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back