Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back
Oct 1, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #361 of 367
Wow, after fiddling around with my tip collection, I settled on the large Monster white foamies, and - with this snug fit - I have to say that I'm really impressed with the S2 - Had them in my Amazon basket a few times in the past couple of years - wish I'd have purchased them long before now!

Funny how things turn around, I'm falling back in love with dynamic IEMs, and relegating my Laylas to back up duties - not quite sure how that works in the real world, but - it works in my head, and - my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit - Is this marketing BS or are there two distinct versions of the S2?

S2 original specs:

Sensitivity
107dB
Frequency response
15-24,000Hz
Impedence
22 ohms
Plug type
3.5mm headset jack plug
Inline volume
No
Weight
14g
Cable length
1.20m

S2KB specs:

Frequency response
5–40 000  Hz
Sensitivity
107  dB
Speaker diameter
13.5  mm
Maximum power input
40  mW
Impedance
22  ohm
Acoustic system
Semi-closed

The box my KB version came in had stickers (not very elegantly) stuck on the box, and in the instruction manual on the relevant sections covering over the specifications, with lthe 'higher' spec version... - Wonder if this is just so that they can stick the 'hi-res' sticker on the box, or if there is a genuine difference...

Once teh internetz went nuts for extra frequences they couldn't hear, all the headphone manufacturers started testing to higher frequencies so they could put the hi-res sticker on the box.

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #362 of 367
Once teh internetz went nuts for extra frequences they couldn't hear, all the headphone manufacturers started testing to higher frequencies so they could put the hi-res sticker on the box.
marketing BS then, suppose that is better than there being two versions floating around...

Thx :)

May 11, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #365 of 367
Anyone know will Philips update the product line? It is nearly 4 years already.
I just messaged the Singapore Philips branch with some suggestions for a revised Fidelio S2 if they don't have an S3 in the works. The main improvements should be a detachable cable and better ear tips imo. Stock tips introduce some haze to the sound- while they provide decent isolation and comfort and are easy to listen to, they limit the soundstage and details that the driver actually outputs. The translucent grey treble tips bundled with an Ostry KC06A I got some years back actually elevates the S2 to close to Moondrop Aria 2021 levels of performance

May 11, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #366 of 367
I just messaged the Singapore Philips branch with some suggestions for a revised Fidelio S2 if they don't have an S3 in the works. The main improvements should be a detachable cable and better ear tips imo. Stock tips introduce some haze to the sound- while they provide decent isolation and comfort and are easy to listen to, they limit the soundstage and details that the driver actually outputs. The translucent grey treble tips bundled with an Ostry KC06A I got some years back actually elevates the S2 to close to Moondrop Aria 2021 levels of performance
Covid hurt distribution but they are almost a year old actually...
https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/S3_00/fidelio-in-ear-headphones-with-mic

Also, depending on region S301 and 302...
1620775148414.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back